Hot Toys Anakin Skywalker DX "Artisan Edition" 1/6 Figure Revenge of the Sith

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometimes I wonder what you guys are even looking at. The hair looks better than sculpted ever could.

This is indeed a Very Pretty Boi. My collection could use a 1/6 Anakin.

I question how good he'll look in the hands of the average collector though. Most people are doing good to get both feet pointed in the same direction when posing, how well will they futz real hair? Also, much will depend on whether or not the hair is mohair or Saran hair. Mohair is much easier to deal with. And its a lot more expensive.

What is going on over at your house?
Top Horny Series

tumblr_nw4y0zn6K41u6ylrxo2_r1_500.gif

RareClearcutAlbino-max-1mb.gif

This is indeed a Very Pretty Boi. My collection could use a 1/6 Anakin.

I question how good he'll look in the hands of the average collector though. Most people are doing good to get both feet pointed in the same direction when posing, how well will they futz real hair? Also, much will depend on whether or not the hair is mohair or Saran hair. Mohair is much easier to deal with. And its a lot more expensive.
If they put the amount of product in the final production piece hair that InArt did for their Joker, there should be very minimal futzing if at all required. Some ppl, like myself, will probably go in for a little extra futzing like we did for IA Joker, but will hopefully not really be required for the regular collector.

If they put the amount of product in the final production piece hair that InArt did for their Joker, there should be very minimal futzing if at all required. Some ppl, like myself, will probably go in for a little extra futzing like we did for IA Joker, but will hopefully not really be required for the regular collector.

But Ani's hair is wild and poofy and soft. How will all these fluid boys be able to brush and caress Ani's luscious hair is its all hard and sticky like after a night at greymask's house?

His body is covered in that costume?! How would you even KNOW what armature he is on, no peeking under the tunic! :LOL:
Well, I'm just half joking that HT need to make a proper body 🤣
But in some figure covered with robe, I can't help to notice the thin arm and body from those TT body when posed, like Dr. Strange and many older figure.
They give some padding for newer release though, like din djarin

That's kind of what I'm worried about this as well. With how "soft" and messy the hair looks at the Sideshow booth and with their backstage photo, I feel like it maintaining that shape and curl will be hard unless if they coat it in some hair product like Inart did.

But Ani's hair is wild and poofy and soft. How will all these fluid boys be able to brush and caress Ani's luscious hair is its all hard and sticky like after a night at greymask's house?
Even Aragorn's hair has some amount of "wetness" to it. Captures his dirty greasy ranger look well. It's not full on lushness softness that Anakin seems to have going on here. Wonder how Hot Toys plans on maintaining that through production and for when people take it out of the box. I see a lot of Sideshow presentation levels happening unless if they add something. Curious to see what they do.

CDftN25.png

Wonder how Hot Toys plans on maintaining that through production and for when people take it out of the box.

They won't. Like their Chewbacca. It will come as if just blown dry frizzy.

That's why I say brilliant proto... but until one is in my hand, who the hell knows if HT will rival InArt.

For a people like me who didn't own HT Ep.3 anakin, mostly will pick this up, even it's just a straight reissue 😞.

The secondary price in my place is insane. There is some rare occurrence that someone sell theirs with acceptable price in local market group, and it was gone within minute

Quick comparison of the original ROTS proto and new
View attachment 650614
Immediate thing I see and like seeing, is them actually giving a **** about proportions here.

He looks 100% more like a 1/1 sized person on the right compared to the left. Similar feeling I get when I see Inart figures. He looks short, stubby, big headed and awkward on the left. Right could pass as a large scale statue.

What's a shame is them giving a **** about proper proportions only for their "top notch" series and not their other figures. :rolleyes2

eWaw6w5.png

Last edited:
Back