Hot Toys Anakin Skywalker DX "Artisan Edition" 1/6 Figure Revenge of the Sith

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question for the experienced: where do you guys wait when the item goes up? Trying to decide if I should be refreshing the “what’s new” page or if the RSVP page will update to become the item. Anyone got any insight based on previous hot releases?
The RSVP page for Spiderman 2.0 updated to the item page for me when that went live. I had that open and refreshed until the queue started up. As soon as I was dropped in, it was on the item page

I know you will destroy me for this but...if the demand is higher than the amount of figures available...maybe the figure is too cheap. They should sell it for $900-1000 and see how many will get sold.

They should’ve made it timed release. Make it available for 7 days and close off PO.
I think the problem with that is that their ability to produce this quality at a scale larger than 3000 is probably why it's limited to begin with. That, or the strategy is to drive up interest and then release the sculpted hair version later. People who might not have had interest in upgrading now suddenly feel compelled to because it's the closest they can get to the Artisan edition.

By the way, it'll be a timed release...timed at about 13 seconds. I'm on the fence whether or not to even try...

Yeah, I really hope I score, don't want to pay secondary but I will if I must. I think no rewards and pay up front is ideal.

I too am still unsure if I want to even bother trying for this. :dunno

The original still looks great to me. And since he is mainly just a straight up re-release other than the new head sculpt with rooted hair, new style stand and updated USB lightsaber. Can't believe it looks like they didn't update his clothes. Should be real leather at this price being a special new Artisan line.

And I really really don't want to have to become a 1/6 scale hairdresser to make him look good... :lol

I'm only tempted I think because of how limited this is gonna be and not really having any time to think about it. And the fear that once it's out it will look much better than the original in comparison reviews and photos.

If I were to get another Anakin I think I'd rather go with the AOTC version. Although I don't need 2 Anakins.

I'm only tempted I think because of how limited this is gonna be

Is it really worth it? Just to be able to say "I got one"?

And who are you telling this to? Your family and friends? They don't care about your dolls, and wished you'd stop. You gonna come here and brag you got one? Fine, most will resent and ignore you. So ... again, why bother because its limited?

Also, knowing HT, it will cease to be "limited" long before you have it in hand.

And who are you telling this to? Your family and friends? They don't care about your dolls, and wished you'd stop. You gonna come here and brag you got one? Fine, most will resent and ignore you. So ... again, why bother because its limited?

Also, knowing HT, it will cease to be "limited" long before you have it in hand.
My family and friends care! Everyone loves my collection. EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!

No, not to brag... :lol Just that I would know there may be a better Anakin than the one on my shelf.

I don't think I've really ever paid over original retail for almost everything I have. If I miss it, I miss it. I just don't want to get annoyed with myself later. SO many things over the years I almost bought that I didn't and wished I did. Especially back in the Master Replicas days. I have 6 sabers and 5 of them I paid LESS than their original retail for. I wish I got the few others I wanted and the Stormtrooper E11 blaster. And I almost even bought the Falcon once or twice. But it was when my wife was pregnant with my twins on the way and I couldn't justify the price to myself (or her).

Good times being a collector back in the late 90's and early 2000's. Patience always won out for me.

No, not to brag... :lol Just that I would know there may be a better Anakin than the one on my shelf.

I don't think I've really ever paid over original retail for almost everything I have. If I miss it, I miss it. I just don't want to get annoyed with myself later. SO many things over the years I almost bought that I didn't and wished I did. Especially back in the Master Replicas days. I have 6 sabers and 5 of them I paid LESS than their original retail for. I wish I got the few others I wanted and the Stormtrooper E11 blaster. And I almost even bought the Falcon once or twice. But it was when my wife was pregnant with my twins on the way and I couldn't justify the price to myself (or her).

Good times being a collector back in the late 90's and early 2000's. Patience always won out for me.
I was in my late teens early 20's when MR was in full swing. I didn't have the funds to buy those pieces, wish I did but I could only afford the SS 1/6 pieces. Even PF were pricey for me. As time went on, I bought those MR pieces I couldn't and paid well over retail for some. The Falcon was the ONE I always wanted. I've paid a premium for that and a few other MR pieces. Worth it but you never know with the hobby how prices will be down the road. If you can find some MR down the road, at a good price, I would encourage it. I would sell my HT collection for some crazy future releases from EFX. Especially since we know HT will keep remaking figures with better features down the road. The replica prop game, not so much.

Anakin/Hayden is my favorite character and this is, arguably, the best representation of him. I would be over the moon to pre-order this through Sideshow but it's not the be-all and end-all if I don't. There's always hope for the future of a similar release and I've always been a big believer that good things come to those who wait.

[...]
I just don't want to get annoyed with myself later.
This is something that would annoy me as well since I do actually like the character a lot. I'll be fine with the current MMS as I have been, and am fairly certain there will at least be a sculpted hair version with this new sculpt down the road most likely, but I would like to have the rooted version if I can.

I don't think I've really ever paid over original retail for almost everything I have. If I miss it, I miss it.
I've been fortunate enough in his hobby for this to be the case for me as well most of the time. I used to be able to wait until something has been released and then just stalk eBay for some poor sap with buyer's remorse to sell something for below retail jus to get rid of it. A lot of my collection over the years has been bought like-new or even brand new at deep discount with the exception of a few items here and there. Not so much lately within the last year but in the past, I just usually had to wait for the right opportunity.

Back