Hot Toys ALIENS Warrior Image thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you guys are actually getting broken stuff replaced then I might as well try to get a new leg post for my maimed Predator 2. It's holding up OK so far, but I'd sure feel a lot better if I could replace it with a nice new one. Thanks for the info!:D

Can someone post the email or contact for HT? It could come in handy for some of us down the road.

000_0030.jpg

000_0027.jpg

000_0019.jpg

Well, when I was trying to tighten the screws in my alien's knees, I managed to break the other leg! I hadn't actually even started tightening the screw -- it broke when I was trying to move the rubber sheath that's over the joint so I could access the screw. It broke very easily -- so easily in fact that i can't help but think that there's something wrong with the plastic they used. I think it would've broken pretty quickly anyway. Needless to say, I'm not very happy about this. I "fixed" the leg with some epoxy glue, so I think it will stay on if I don't try to reposition it. This is the most expensive figure I've ever bought and so far it's the most fragile.

I think the problem DEFINATELY lies with the plastic . It's extremely brittle and fragile . Sideshow sent me out a replacement for my damaged Warrior and guess what? On removing it from the box I noticed the left elbow joint was very loose and as I attached the hand , the forearm just dropped off! That's 2 for 2 ! On examination , that's when I noticed the brittle plastic . It simply crumbled away .:confused:
( I recommend contacting Sideshows customer service before attempting any repairs if this happens . They have handled my problem(s) brilliantly.)

I think the problem DEFINATELY lies with the plastic . It's extremely brittle and fragile . Sideshow sent me out a replacement for my damaged Warrior and guess what? On removing it from the box I noticed the left elbow joint was very loose and as I attached the hand , the forearm just dropped off! That's 2 for 2 ! On examination , that's when I noticed the brittle plastic . It simply crumbled away .:confused:
( I recommend contacting Sideshows customer service before attempting any repairs if this happens . They have handled my problem(s) brilliantly.)

The left arm elbow of my Aliens warrior broke off. I emailed HT on 11/8 w/the damaged arm & receipt. They wanted to confirm the damage and proof of purchase. No word yet. So I will wait a while longer for their response. :rolleyes:

all this stuff i keep hearing about the alien warrior being so brittle is whats keeping me from purchasing one. hopefully there will be some new alien figures with the avp-r line up that are not so fragile.

I just noticed the other day when his foot fell off that the ball joint in the ankle is actually breaking apart. I haven't done anything to it, but there are tiny cracks and little bits missing.

Something must have gone seriously wrong at the factory on this one. Still no major problems (except for a loose foot) but this does kinda suck :monkey2

I just noticed the other day when his foot fell off that the ball joint in the ankle is actually breaking apart. I haven't done anything to it, but there are tiny cracks and little bits missing.

Something must have gone seriously wrong at the factory on this one. Still no major problems (except for a loose foot) but this does kinda suck :monkey2

It does suck to hear that other people are having so many problems with the Aliens warrior... maybe I've just been lucky so far, but aside from the feet constantly falling off, I haven't had any signs of the kind of trouble others are having. Not yet, anyway. I just wrapped a little piece of foil around the ball joint and popped it back on. That seems to hold the feet on a little better, but I'll be keeping an eye out for any sign of cracks or telltale crumbling. Thanks for the heads up!

Im not really complaining seeing as its only the foot and the figure is perfect otherwise. Id still like a new foot though, it stands good enough

I think Les posted a short tutorial on fixing the loose/brittle foot problem. I can't remember well, but I think the general idea was to use a drop of superglue on the casing of the joint in the ankle and putting the socket back in and moving it around rapidly to prevent the articulation to be stuck, but at the same time spreading the glue over the entire casing.
Does that make sense?
By casing I mean the hollow in the foot where the ball joint of the ankle actually goes in.

Back