Hot Toys ALIENS Warrior Image thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn you guys and your tempting pictures! You just convinced me to get my first Alien figures. I ordered the Alien Warrior and Power Loader. :cool:

Forgive the newbie question, but what is the best way to get the alien eggs I've seen in some of these pictures?

My Alien warrior arrived today, but unfortunately his left leg was broken off at the knee joint. I think I remember reading about other people having the same or similar problems. Anyway, I got it from Bigbadtoystore, so I'm confident they will fix me up. The figure looks cool, although he's a lot softer and more rubbery than I had pictured. That's not a bad thing, just interesting. I guess with all of the small spines and things, soft rubber was the best way to go.

Btw, I kniow some were curious so I thought I'd share this.

Preserving your rubbery beasts...

After a month of having my Warrior displayed, soaking in sunshine and the elements from an open window in Hollywood, I finally gave my guy a coat of Armor All. I used a spray actually (STP) but the point is it works fine, adds a nice glisten and preserves the rubber and vinyl from cracking just fine..

and it looks a whole lot cooler. :D

Some notes: If you use a spray like I did, make sure to have some Q tips handy to soak up the residual liquid that gets caught up in the nooks and crannies.

One question: what exactly is armor all? I thought it was a brand. Or is it some very specific product?
Wiki : "ArmorAll is a line of car care products manufactured by The Armor All/STP Products Company, a subsidiary of Clorox. The ArmorAll line includes products to clean, shine, and protect most interior and exterior automobile surfaces. The company is based and headquartered in Oakland, California, USA. The Armor All brand is represented, and has wide distribution worldwide."

Sort of the first, and at least the most famous of this sort of product. So yep, it is a brand name. Same as using Biro when you mean ball point. It started out as a plastic, vinyl, rubber, all round rejuvenator. Now there are other products under the ArmorAll banner. There are copy cat products about as well. Probably a little cheaper too.

I got my replacement leg today from BBTS, which is good, but there's no way in hell this thing is going to stand up under its own weight, which is disappointing. The feet also pop off very easily. I believe I read about other people having the same problems, and other people saying that theirs could stand up just fine, so I guess maybe there's variable quality in this line. I'm using a Sideshow stand to keep him up and it works OK.

Try pulling down the rubber sleeve that covers the joint (it's attached on the calve, but loose on the htigh) to expose the joint itself. You'll notice that there is a tiny screw, you might be able to tighten that up.
I haven't tried this, since the joint on mine was nice and tight beofre it broke, but it might be worth a try.

So I got my first Hot Toys Aliens figure today and what can I say besides- IT IS FREAKIN AWESOME!! One question though, these don't come with a stand like other Hot Toys figures right or is mine missing it?

Pictures tomorrow probably. :rock

Back