Hot Toys ALIENS Warrior Image thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that was the technique... thanks I couldn't remember where that was posted. I'll have to give that a try to prevent it from getting any worse.

Picture Bump:

trip004.jpg

trip007.jpg

None of my stuff has copped a shelf dive except for McFarlane's stuff that i sold. The ONLY McFarlane figure i appreciate is the 12 Inch original Predator nothing else. I had the 12 Inch Alien also but i sold it due to the fact the thing wont stand properly EVER its got too much articulation in my opinion.

I think it's the cheap material Hot Toys used for the ALIENS Warrior Alien that makes it do front-flips every so often. I have wall to wall carpeting, so I'm grateful that it at least has something to cushion the fall.

Furthermore.....see that metal rod in the pictures? I use it to hold up the McFarlane Alien. You're right, there are simply too many points of articulation. :eek::D

With the Aliens Warrior using the tail as a stand really pays off mine hasnt stacked it once and if it did it would come straight onto my 22 inch widescreen monitor lol

Got my Aliens Warrior brown variant today from ABC Express. :woo

The downside is they sent the box in a cardboard sleeve. No air pillows, nuthin. So much for their 'bullet proof' packaging. No damage to the figure though. :woo.

I tell you it was a royal pain getting his protrusions into his back. Why couldn't they just make the pegs oval, round, square and triangular. Simple. Took me the better part of an hour. It's nice to have the choice of bending his fingers and having a second 'fixed' set of hands:woo

6xaldtu.jpg
87ic8sm.jpg
7xlnhv5.jpg
6slwzv5.jpg
6qblhqs.jpg
82axwxz.jpg

I have to say the brown is pretty damn cool looking... still don't think I need 2, but its much less bumblebee than I thought it would be.

Regarding the foot issue , I think the foot sits far too high on the joint . I'm considering drilling out the foot socket and setting the ball joint deeper into the foot . This joint is bad design rather than poor materials . And while we're doing "Alien Shelves" , here's mine . ( The guy on the left has the repaired knee , hence the "stiff legged " pose !
Aliens001.jpg

I just have two quick questions for the people that ordered a Grid Alien.

1) Did it come with instructions on how to assemble? They usually do but mine didn't this time.

2) Is the box a regular AvP Alien Warrior box? Meaning that once you pull off the sleeve that has the Grid Aliens picture on it, the box is just like the previous AvP Alien release.

Thanks for your info guys. :rock

Its pretty easy to assemble without instructions. The back spikes in my opinion sometimes need to be super glued on because they fall out easy

Its pretty easy to assemble without instructions. The back spikes in my opinion sometimes need to be super glued on because they fall out easy

Oh no doubt. It's one of the easiest Hot Toys kits there is but I just like to have things complete. Not that I will really go crazy if I don't have the instructions...it's just nice to know they are there. :)

I haven't had to use any glue on my spikes yet. They thankfully seem to stay in place really well. :rock

I just have two quick questions for the people that ordered a Grid Alien.

1) Did it come with instructions on how to assemble? They usually do but mine didn't this time.

2) Is the box a regular AvP Alien Warrior box? Meaning that once you pull off the sleeve that has the Grid Aliens picture on it, the box is just like the previous AvP Alien release.

Thanks for your info guys. :rock

Did you look everywhere for the instructions? I sometimes thought they forgot to include the instruction sheet, then found them stuck in the box or on the floor. If you haven't already, it's worth having another look.

The box is exactly the same as the regular AvP Alien - MMS017. Only the box sleeve is a "Blister Exclusive" - MMS028.

Did you look everywhere for the instructions? I sometimes thought they forgot to include the instruction sheet, then found them stuck in the box or on the floor. If you haven't already, it's worth having another look.

The box is exactly the same as the regular AvP Alien - MMS017. Only the box sleeve is a "Blister Exclusive" - MMS028.

You know what?! I just looked and the instructions are stuck to the inside of the box. :lol I feel like a fool. :eek: Thank you for the tip and the other info about the box. :rock

Yeah, I am used to it being taped somewhere on the bottom of the figure tray. Lesson learned- expect the unexpected. :lol

Regardless this is a really kick ass figure. I will take some pictures of it tomorrow for everyone. Overall I really like the Aliens design better but this one still looks bad to the bone. He is a lot more stable too. And to answer a question I have heard many times before: there appears to be a bit of sculpting or scarring where the grid lines are. So they are not just painted on. :)

Back