Hot Toys ACS 05 Black Panther – Wakanda Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys- Black Panther T'Challa with Throne

Bump. U guys got your wish. Throne with no figure pics up on Facebook. Sigh. I'm so disappointed. I want the figure[emoji24]

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Same! Still it is good to see it being released, know a lot of people on here wanted the throne...unfortunately for me I wanted just the figure too :lol oh well maybe its not such a bad thing as it looks like money saved for something else! :(

Like the new Mark L pack, In the future I wouldn’t be surprised to see Hot Toys release accessories separately as prices continue to creep up. Instead of a DX emperor and throne, they’d release them as separate pieces for a higher total price.

This one works as a stand alone release because multiple figures fit it. It offers more versatility in your collection. I'm glad I don't have to buy a figure just to get it.

Awful that this doesn’t come with a civi T’Challa

:exactly: I was considering getting it, but I actually wanted the figure more than the throne. Hoping for a stand-alone release later on :pray: Or, a two-pack with Tactical suit Killmonger (never gonna happen but I can dream!! :lol)

Love it...

marvel-the-black-panther-wakanda-throne-sixth-scale-accessory-hot-toys-903723-09.jpg

Hopefully the casual T'challa comes along at some point, this is shipping very soon according to SS so maybe they just wanted to get this released now and not wait for a figure. All I could do with it in the meantime is have Mk42 sitting there instead

Iron_Man_Armor_MK_XLII_%28Earth-199999%29_from_Iron_Man_3_%28film%29_001.jpg

Ordered the throne. Under no circumstances will one of my Panthers ever sit this throne, but perhaps I can use the T'challa sculpt to bash a blue-outfit King of Wakanda to occupy the seat.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

It seems the details on the 3rd party throne are more accurate compared to this, particularly, the silver areas. HT's looks more like regular sculpted patterns but in the movie they look more like random scratches.

Throne only is fine with me. Will be POing tomorrow. Then that should be it for BP unless HT makes an Okeyo.

Maybe it’s just me, but I think $110 for this thing is just ridiculous. True it’s Hot Toys and we’re spending $200-$400 on action figures. But at least you can defend that, realistic sculpts, the detailed clothing, multiple articulations, accessories etc. But this is essentially a small plastic chair. I’m sure Hasbro or some company can sell this for like $10-$20. I mean if you showed this throne to someone to guess the price, the won’t say anything near $100.

Why would you think they would make it for 10 bucks? The black line 6 inch snoke and throne is like 35-40 bucks. And is supper cheap looking. And they make a lot more of them.

The Sideshow GI Joe cobra throne was around 200 bucks. It’s the closest high end throne comp I can recall.

Last edited:

Problem is that I don't have any figures I want to put in this chair. Black Panther in a sitting pose is too extreme for that outfit.

I'll PO the throne to go with T'Chaka if anything.
I was actually expecting it to cost more, eg. Iron Man Infinity War accessories.

Getting the throne for my T'Chaka, should look pretty cool

How dope would that throne look with AVP Elder sitting in it? I may snag one now.

Problem is that I don't have any figures I want to put in this chair. Black Panther in a sitting pose is too extreme for that outfit.

That's my issue. I need a figure i can sit in this for weeks at a time without issues. I'll order and hope for something in the future or i'll kitbash a T'Challa. I'm sure a 3rd party will make an outfit for him.

Back