Hot Toys 2013 Toyfairs Exclusive GI Joe Retaliation Joe Colton - full pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guy in '60s era-type green fatigues - how is it "not really"?

Yup, besides having no hair, it pretty much is a GIJoe Man of Action. :dunno

4627368747_7c624f9f6d.jpg

Colton was prolly the only character in the movie that looked like a GIJoe character. Not even their stupid looking "Cobra Commander" in a leather dress.

Yup, besides having no hair, it pretty much is a GIJoe Man of Action. :dunno

4627368747_7c624f9f6d.jpg

Colton was prolly the only character in the movie that looked like a GIJoe character. Not even their stupid looking "Cobra Commander" in a leather dress.

no wonder GI Joe in the 60's was so Dull and Boring

its the 80's that resurrected and brought GI Joe where it is today...not boring Joe Colton

no wonder GI Joe in the 60's was so Dull and Boring

its the 80's that resurrected and brought GI Joe where it is today...not boring Joe Colton

:lecture

A lot of the ethnic diversity going on in the Joe ranks. Well, at least in the eighties.

Teemu, all mad bro cause no SS dolls are being shown. Colton is why we are all here and not still playing with little green plastic army men. Those figures had tons of accessories, vehicles and playsets.

:lecture

A lot of the ethnic diversity going on in the Joe ranks. Well, at least in the eighties.

The 60/70's Joe line had Caucasians, African Americans, Japanese, Mexicans covering military to adventure. No diversity there. :cuckoo:

Toy Anxiety's going to make a lot of money off those Bruce Willis heads when Sideshow can't sell these and has to move some to their retailers.

Re: HT Toyfairs Exclusive GI Joe Retaliation General Joseph Colton

Not that impressed with this head sculpt. I think some of the customs have been stronger. I don't feel the needs for this or the Rock. Snake and Storm will be it from me on this line. That is of course unless we see a Commander....

There is always one of these. You need a brain scan if you have a problem with this sculpt.

Toy Anxiety's going to make a lot of money off those Bruce Willis heads when Sideshow can't sell these and has to move some to their retailers.

I honestly doubt that happening. They didn't even get Captain Americas despite him still being available. I think Angelica was SUCH a pegwarmer they were left with little choice. I think Joe will actually sell out and be the new Gordon. Evil Supes is the meh figure this year I think, and he'll still do well because he's Supes. Cap it middle ground again this year.

Teemu, all mad bro cause no SS dolls are being shown. Colton is why we are all here and not still playing with little green plastic army men. Those figures had tons of accessories, vehicles and playsets.

Not mad :)....Sideshow Joes are coming

but the 60's Joe comparison makes me want to take a nap...

you can't beat what we had in the 80's Joe (even Colton then was a lame figure)

From just the standpoint of looking like a cool as hell vintage soldier I love this figure. I'm no fan of the movie either, but for what they were given to work with HT seems to be doing a hell of a job.

Now if only they'd make the lifesize Lady Jaye with real working orifi... nevermind, wrong thread... :monkey3

I honestly doubt that happening. They didn't even get Captain Americas despite him still being available. I think Angelica was SUCH a pegwarmer they were left with little choice. I think Joe will actually sell out and be the new Gordon. Evil Supes is the meh figure this year I think, and he'll still do well because he's Supes. Cap it middle ground again this year.

Fair enough, but if I'm right I'm quoting your above post months from now and saying "I told you so". It'll be pointless and won't matter to anybody here, but I'm doing anyway.

Here are the specs:

The 1/6th scale Joe Colton Collectible Figure special features:
- Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Bruce Willis as Joe Colton in his military uniform in the G.I. Joe Retaliation movie
- Approximately 30 cm tall
- Newly sculpted head with skinhead
- Body with over 30 points of articulations
- Six (6) interchangeable palms including:
- One (1) pair of gun shooting palms
- One (1) pair of relaxed palms
- One (1) left fist
- One (1) right palm for gun holding

Costume:
- One (1) military green uniform
- One (1) pair of black boots
- One (1) belt with magazine pouches

Weapons:
- One (1) machine gun with silencer and strap
- One (1) shotgun
- Three (3) pistols

Accessories:
- One (1) left knee pad
- One (1) double shoulder holster
- One (1) drop leg panel with gun holster and magazine pouches
- Five (5) small ammo clips
- One (1) big ammo clip
- Two (2) climbing buckles
- Figure stand with Joe Colton nameplate and the movie logo

**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
**Product details could be subjected to change without further notice

Release date: Q3, 2013

G.I. JOE AND ALL RELATED CHARACTERS ARE TRADEMARKS OF HASBRO AND ARE USED WITH PERMISSION. © 2013 HASBRO. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. © 2013 PARAMOUNT PICTURES CORPORATION. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

He's MMS 206

Artists:
- Head Sculpted by Kim Yong Kyum
- Head Painted by JC. Hong
- Head Art Directed by JC. Hong

because GI.Joe to me is not some boring 60's get up outfit...he doesn't look like a Joe,but Bruce Willis wearing some fatiques

the only redeeming value of this figure is the Bruce Willis Sculpt so you can custom him into something else

For Hot Toys yes,not Sideshow

the second film was slightly better (and that is not saying much)...

Hot Toys can makes figures of ANY Movie whether it sucks or not and make them look good (they are the kings of 1/6 scale)

But the films we got are terrible and have nothing much to do with the GI Joe I remembered and loved

Get over yourself.

So are we not sure how they're going to handle the release of him? I find 600 pieces to be quite low. Maybe a different outfit for a wide release?

So are we not sure how they're going to handle the release of him? I find 600 pieces to be quite low. Maybe a different outfit for a wide release?

In years past those numbers mean what will be allotted to each Asian toy fair and then Sideshow also gets a significant allotment of them as well.

I hope so.

I also hope this isn't pants-on-head stupidly expensive as the Rock, but Colton looks a little more minimal so I'm hoping for under 200.

I hope so.

I also hope this isn't pants-on-head stupidly expensive as the Rock, but Colton looks a little more minimal so I'm hoping for under 200.

The estimated price for this and Evil Superman based on the HK prices is about $190. SSC prices are higher if I'm not mistaken.

Golden Age Cap is the cheapest among the 3 exclusives based on the same HK prices.

Back