1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Iron Man Mark 7 Diecast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man i when i started collecting i never thought i would be spending close to $1000 for just two 1/6 figures. $415 for IW War Machine and $430ish for this one.
And since i have issues when it comes to Iron Man i will probably pick up that accessories kit for another $200+ just to push the total over a thousand.

:gah: :cuckoo:

Having this debate with a friend right now: why get the diecast 3, 4, 6 and 7? Aren't they all too similar?

The armours are more like cars than costumes. I love the 4, 6 and 47 the most — with the 4 and 6 being nearly identical but still. I’m undecided on the 7 but it gets added cachet due to the film it was in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know the mk7 really shouldn't be diecast as it spent most of it's screen time in the air. The diecast weight just makes that impossible.

giphy.gif

oP9R0pq.gif

God I'm so incredibly torn on this. How is it Hot Toys have managed to get their die-cast Marks VI, IV and VII to look so damned much better than the older versions?. You can see it with the Shanghai 'plastic' figures that you can still find at places like Popcultcha. It's night and day. I passed on the IV because it is so similar to the VI but IMO is inferior looking (and unnecessary if you have the III, but we won't go into that debate, lol)… but dammit this is the VII.. it's the VII dammit. And dammit, it's looking good.

The problem is, (cost aside) I don't know how to fit this into my collection, and if I do get it, it'll increase the chances of me regretting passing on the II, IV and V.. lol

I owned the plastic 7 and 4 marks...the 7 in particular started to bug me in time due to proportions, and I sold the 4 partly because of that and in anticipation of the diecast Mark 3, which I passed on after seeing what they released.

The most recent diecast are next-level nuts. Not without minor flaws, but having experienced the 46, 47, 6 and 5 in-hand, I can imagine the 7 will be very impressive and perhaps not to be missed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I have to disassemble my mk VII to build him into the 'pod'...? Oh come on, that can't be right. It's got to be a whole additional separate piece.

Seriously, who is going to display their $400+ figure in pod mode???

It's horribly inaccurate also.
Here's what it looked like:

Mk7GliderSuitPaintover.jpg

I never got the 7... so this is extra tempting.

There's a retailer in the UK showing a new, original MKVII on their site, lol.

It's actually not...seeing this photo made me decide to compare to the movie itself. That's how it looks like when it first launches, but once it starts breaking apart to fit onto Tony it actually looks like how HT has modeled it.

Check out the screen cap from the movie...

Screen Shot 2018-07-26 at 3.10.44 AM.jpg

It's actually not...seeing this photo made me decide to compare to the movie itself. That's how it looks like when it first launches, but once it starts breaking apart to fit onto Tony it actually looks like how HT has modeled it.

Check out the screen cap from the movie...

View attachment 420471

EDIT: I took a large screenshot...I dunno why it's displaying such a small image though, hmm...oh well. You get the picture though!

hi, there must be someone on this board who can build a flight stand with a larger padded metal lockable waist clamp of sensible shape that will hold a diecast at any angle,screws into an aluminium base that you could customize yourself. resting figures on the tips of the flame effects is the best i can do mostly.

37771105_10155644024832344_679782100483702784_o.jpg 37805104_10155644023922344_7849918551602233344_o.jpg

Anyone know what's up with the pure gold thighs? The silver thighs are what I can recall from the movie, but don't remember these gold thighs though.

Back