1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Iron Man Mark 7 Diecast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll probably use the 46's rubble base for this and use the base for this for the 46. They kinda make more sense that way.

It says it comes with a diorama base, so it’s possilbe maybe for that to be a stand in or secondary base for this figure. Idk.

One thing about this set is the fact that it comes with a ton of accessories. Plus you get the suit pod as well. My guess is that SSC will let you have 7 months or 8 months flex pays to help pay for this.

Holy cow this figure looks amazing. This will be a definite preorder for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That ACGHK promo page has this at 2730 HKD, so 100 more than War Machine IV. If the markup percentage is the same, this’ll be ~$430 USD.

Scumbug Hot Toys, announcing the diecast holy grail of Iron Man suits right after I called it quits on the hobby. This is perhaps the one and only announcement that could sway me to make "one last purchase."

That said, I'm seriously on the fence about ordering this. Fortunately the plastic Mark VII was one of the few pieces of my collection that I kept, so I could sell it to offset the price of this guy. More likely though, I'll probably just stick with my plastic Mark VII.

Side note, I think the pod thing is kinda silly. How many people will honestly want to display the figure that way? Seems like a petty excuse for HT/SS to charge $50 extra for this figure, which they know we'll pay because it's the MARK FREAKING SEVEN. :lol

It's actually not...seeing this photo made me decide to compare to the movie itself. That's how it looks like when it first launches, but once it starts breaking apart to fit onto Tony it actually looks like how HT has modeled it.

Check out the screen cap from the movie...

View attachment 420471

I know that.
I think you just misunderstood me. I wasn't debating that it transforms into something similar to what HT are making. Merely that it doesn't start out that way. For the kind of cash HT is wanting for this, i'd have been tempted if they made the MKVII Pod as a separate element, and as it appeared when it popped out the wall(That way, i could display it stowed in a HOA style wall mount).
The fact the actual armour itself kind of(But not quite), transforms a bit to almost resemble one stage of the pod makes it a pass for me.
I'm unlikely to be their target audience. I have MKI 2.0, AU MKII, OG MKIII, IV, V, VI, and VII, and have no desire to replace any of them with diecasts that have five metal parts, lol.
I'm content to watch most of the armour threads from the sidelines, but i would have been tempted to replace my MKVII with this if the pod was full size and a different piece.

Sheesh, might have to order this one, sold off the original one a long time ago, with that horrible RDJ headsculpt (I always preferred to display them un-helmeted). I'll have to keep an eye on the alternative sites that always sell out first, Timewalker might be the way to go, as it would hit the free shipping threshold and will most likely be like 10 bucks or something cheaper than SSC.

Looks cool. The only way i could justify 400 plus for this is by selling some of my older stuff though.

1869C2E3-C161-4D21-8804-D4111456F9D2.jpeg
409E4B62-EC27-445A-BCFC-DAEC16D864CE.jpeg
2AC7EB8B-8D05-4D74-8675-4D86B050C982.jpeg

Back