Hot Toys 1:6 Iron Man 2 Mark IV

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had no idea, thanks for highlighting that!

From Mike's thread

SDCC149.jpg

ironman2_mk4-teaser-1.jpg

just noticed that the torso in HT's version is longer than the actual suit?!

Theres only 2 middle black boxes on the abs area in the actual movie suit, while in HT's theres 3 black boxes :confused::confused:

Someone mentioned earlier in this thread that the final suit in the film has a longer torso.

Mark VI
Iron-Man-2_img17_720.jpg

...but the way the golden parabola lines meet those center black rectangles appear wrong. But I'll wait for the official pics before commenting on that further.

I don't think that's an apt comparison. The Iron Man suits are far more different from each other than Vader's. I think any of the Batman suits from one film to the next would be a better comparison. They all look like Batman but there's some pretty big differences from one suit to the next.

I was solely referring to the differences between the Mark 3 and the Mark 4. Not the overall armory or the Iron Man suit progression.

Hmmm not bad. i'll have to see some more pics. I have war machine preordered since as a kid he was always one of my favs. I dont have a hot toys iron man. I MAY look into this.

I was solely referring to the differences between the Mark 3 and the Mark 4. Not the overall armory or the Iron Man suit progression.

So was I.

Anyway, the promo pic to me looks really good, much better proportions than the older figures... but it's still hard to tell. I wish they wouldn't post these promo pics. They always make the figure look kinda iffy (at least to me) and they release all the full pics in like two days anyway.

movie is out April 29th here in Aussie land :)
i will be posting spoilers as soon as i get home!!!!

ahahahah J/K ;)
nice figure this one,but NOT for me....bring on Black Widow in ALL her sexiness!!!!

Someone mentioned earlier in this thread that the final suit in the film has a longer torso.

...but the way the golden parabola lines meet those center black rectangles appear wrong. But I'll wait for the official pics before commenting on that further.

Yeah I see what you mean, On the actual suit the gold lines seem to come down at an angle, not curving. Also the gold line should stop at the black square and go under it, but on the figure its going straight across :duh

It'd be nice to know what sort of features this has. It might change my mind about getting the BD Mark III. Although it doesn't look like it'll have the gauntlet feature. I wonder if it might have some of the other pop-up missile launchers, flare launchers, flaps and the like.

Although part of me likes the idea of getting the Mark III and then just skipping to the Mark VI for the next IM figure from IM2. I don't know that I want both the Mark IV and VI. The differences between III and VI are more dramatic.

I just posted this on their Facebook, hopefully its not too late to change

HT-MK4-Comp.jpg

I'm sure it's still in the prototype stage. They got plenty of time to improve the product. I'll look forward to the final production photos. :D

And yea that head really does look huge. (I know I know...that's what she said...sigh) :lol

It'd be nice to know what sort of features this has. It might change my mind about getting the BD Mark III. Although it doesn't look like it'll have the gauntlet feature. I wonder if it might have some of the other pop-up missile launchers, flare launchers, flaps and the like.

Although part of me likes the idea of getting the Mark III and then just skipping to the Mark VI for the next IM figure from IM2. I don't know that I want both the Mark IV and VI. The differences between III and VI are more dramatic.

The thing is, no one knows what the new IM suits are capable of in the sequel, and I have an inkling that neither does HT, yet. So, how is anyone supposed to know what features this figure will have?

What I worry about is that the majority of their work on this figure and War Machine is already complete and the versions with all the as-of-yet unknown weapons and gizmos will be revealed at the end of the year.

I just posted this on their Facebook, hopefully its not too late to change

HT-MK4-Comp.jpg

Like a said two pages ago, the final suit is different from the Legacy prop displayed at SDCC.
There are 4 sections in the physical prop's waist but 5 in the MK4 final design.

1270989557.jpg

Though the shape of the gold inserts on the waist is clearly wrong.

The thing is, no one knows what the new IM suits are capable of in the sequel, and I have an inkling that neither does HT, yet. So, how is anyone supposed to know what features this figure will have?

What I worry about is that the majority of their work on this figure and War Machine is already complete and the versions with all the as-of-yet unknown weapons and gizmos will be revealed at the end of the year.

LOL - I guess I should have said "It'll be nice to know..."

I don't expect us to know. Just saying it'll be nice to know at some point in the future because it'd help with my decision. :)

Though the shape of the gold inserts on the waist is clearly wrong.

Thanks for the photo. I have to say I like the final version in the movie more than the displayed figure. The extra slats for the abs look better. The basic shape of the gold details looks pretty good to me, they should just stop at the black notch.

My minds change about getting a BD IronMan. I'll be getting this one instead of a BD Iron Man. I only wanted one to get the better Mark III but with these coming out like crazy Ill save my money for these.

Seeing all the differences is cool but honestly the figure in the PV looks pretty damn bad ass. I thought the detail and look of the Mark 3 was awesome. They did 1 better on the Mark 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back