Hot Toys 1:6 Iron Man 2 Mark IV

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bout what I figured it would come in at. I'll order mine from SS for the RP I think.

Think I will too just so I can get some more points. Now that I'm seriously collecting these things I'm sure they will start to add up and I'll see the benefits.

After seeing War Machine, I thought Hot Toys would get the sizing right. He looks way too slim. Seems like an armor for an anorexic again. Look how big the helmet is to the chest.

I don't really like what I see. The slim body and pose makes it look kind of feminine. I like to see more bulk to the suit.

Need more pics but otherwise I'm sold. Hopefully we'll get a head with Tony having sunglass's on and a box of doughnuts.

It does really look too skinny. Maybe the pics of the figure will showcase it better than the teaser. As for those pics on page 6 from the movie, I never realized how chunky the suit could look, even the neck is really short.

fcc94ddb.jpg

Something looks off about Tony in the suit here. Like he's stubby and tall at the same time. I don't remember the Mark III looking so wide-set.

I don't understand how people think he's too skinny; the figure is clearly an improvement over the mark iii figures; the stomach isi no longer 25% skinnier the upper torso. I thnk he looks fantastic. Truth be told though, you'd have to see a full body shot to determine if his body is too skinny.

Other than the fact that its a better figure with the added articulations there are differences between this and the Mark III. Think of it the way Vader's costume changes from ANH to ESB to ROTJ, they are subtile but they are there and here there are a bunch of obvious ones that will stand out but in making the figure slimmer it will look like a progression towards being more streamlined next to one another.

Here is the thread with some of the differences.

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60796

Other than the fact that its a better figure with the added articulations there are differences between this and the Mark III. Think of it the way Vader's costume changes from ANH to ESB to ROTJ, they are subtile but they are there and here there are a bunch of obvious ones that will stand out but in making the figure slimmer it will look like a progression towards being more streamlined next to one another.

Mike, THANK YOU!!:D

Something looks off about Tony in the suit here.

Because it's not the final render of the suit.
The legs are from the Mark 3 for instance.

Legacy only build the upper torso and arms for this kind of sequences, the rest is digital.

Because it's not the final render of the suit.
The legs are from the Mark 3 for instance.

Legacy only build the upper torso and arms for those kinf of sequences, the rest is digital.

I had no idea, thanks for highlighting that!

From Mike's thread

SDCC149.jpg

ironman2_mk4-teaser-1.jpg

3811_DSC_6108_gda_3x4.jpg

Strange to see that the prop Legacy build for the hall of armors is actually different than the one we'll see in the movie.

There are only 4 sections on the original prop's waist, and 5 on the Mark 4 we'll see in the movie.

My guess is, and I gueessed it when i first saw the "physical" Mark 6 suit they used on the set of the movie wich is (in term of colors) really different from the final Mark 6 we'll see in the movie, that the designs were changed a lot during the post production of IM2.

Last edited:
From the IM2 movie 3.75 inch action figure

1) MK IV
2) MK V
3) MK VI
4) WM
5) MP IM
6) Deep Dive Armor
7) Power Assault Armor
8) Hyper Velocity Armor

I think HT is going to make them all ... :rotfl

From the IM2 movie 3.75 inch action figure

1) MK IV
2) MK V
3) MK VI
4) WM
5) MP IM
6) Deep Dive Armor
7) Power Assault Armor
8) Hyper Velocity Armor

I think HT is going to make them all ... :rotfl

If they made the Hyper Velocity Armor I would die. I love that concept.

I don't think that's an apt comparison. The Iron Man suits are far more different from each other than Vader's. I think any of the Batman suits from one film to the next would be a better comparison. They all look like Batman but there's some pretty big differences from one suit to the next.

After seeing War Machine, I thought Hot Toys would get the sizing right. He looks way too slim. Seems like an armor for an anorexic again. Look how big the helmet is to the chest.
ex-xactly.

and here i thought after war machine they finally figured out what's wrong with their mark III. apparently war machine is a fluke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back