Hot Toys 1:6 Iron Man 2 Mark IV

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can already tell this is gonna be a gorgeous figure. Its such a sleek and elegant design. It looks like its got some real weight to it, like theres an actual person inside. And the pose has a very natural human form.

Cant wait for official pictures, I hope it has articulated fingers like War Machine

Wow, you can tell all that from one teaser pic? I guess I'm not quite there.

I don't think that's a good pose at all. It shows off the new waist articulation, sure, but the shot just looks awkward, not to mention it makes his head look big and his torso look skinny. But maybe that's just how the figure looks. Hope not.

Can anyone explain (or show pics) what the "Suitcase" version or Mark V looks like.

Also is it just me or does the Mk VI helmet have a straight "brow" as opposed to the Mk III and IV which have a meaner looking slanted "brow-eyes"?

Can anyone explain (or show pics) what the "Suitcase" version or Mark V looks like.

Also is it just me or does the Mk VI helmet have a straight "brow" as opposed to the Mk III and IV which have a meaner looking slanted "brow-eyes"?

The helmet looks the same to me across the MKIII, MKIV, and MKVI. Only now the eyes seem brighter on the new armors.

As for the suitcase armor, it was shown in one of the movie trailers:

iron_man_2_movie_image-5.jpg

I think the overall form is pretty close - close enough that most audiences who go into IM2 probably won't notice the difference. But really, detail-wise it's a TOTALLY new suit. There's not one part that's the same. Some are small tweaks but some are significantly different.

I actually think this is a positive, not a negative. Those of use (like myself) who didn't get Mark III but want a "clean" version of armor with the circular Arc Reactor can get the Mark IV. Those who want every version can get the Mark IV. Those who don't really care about all the differences between the Mark III and the Mark IV and have the Mark III in some form don't have to bother!

I'm thinking the same way. I only got Marks I and II, so I could get Mark IV instead of Mark III and feel like I have a good representation of all the suits up to that point (since Mark II is the same as III except for the color). And Mark IV is so similar to VI that I also feel like I have a part of the new suit. I have no interest in the triangle chest piece, but that is a completely personal POV--I never liked the change from the circle to the triangle in the comics. The circle IS/WAS Iron Man. That was his thing. He was the guy with the circle on the chest. The triangle looks too close to Supe's shield.

To me from a strictly design perspective the triangle chest piece looks like it's meant to go with the new suit design while the circle does not.

Which I actually really like. The IV is really cool in that it's a totally new design that looks like it's trying to look like the mkIII. It has the same coloring and a very similar chest. The coloring and chest don't really work with the design. Makes it look like an interim stage of design which as a designer I like.

It's almost like, similar to the mkII, someone took the already existing mkVI design and mocked it up to look like the mkIII and someone said "we should totally use that in the movie".

The helmet looks the same to me across the MKIII, MKIV, and MKVI. Only now the eyes seem brighter on the new armors.

As for the suitcase armor, it was shown in one of the movie trailers:

iron_man_2_movie_image-5.jpg

Hasbro has this suit designated as the Mark V. I wonder if there is another or if this is truly the Mark V. Very cool any way.

As cool as these Hot Toys IM figures are and as much as I like them, I am going to have to bow out of them. I have the Mark II and III. Have the Tony, Mark III BD and War Machine on pre-order. But I think I will have to let them all go.

I am just not getting the warm-fuzzy with them that I do with Sideshow's Star Wars and GI Joe lines.

The thing is, even tho this is supposed to be the bridge armor between the 3 and 6, it's different enough from each of those that want it too.

They get you coming and going.

Well, despite the fact that I am going to get out of this line, there is a hell of a lot to like about them. It seems to me that no matter how many versions they make, they will all look great together in a display. I set up the two that I have and turned on the light features, then lowered the lights in the room and they looked entirely cool together. I can only imagine how 6 versions of the armor would look together. And then add the other figures as well.

I wish I didn't have to let them go...hell, I just got both of mine.

as a lot of people im sure have already said, i only want the MK V and MK VI....oh and a Black Widow :D

i already have WM on P.O. and an MK III....that should be good enough for me

I've already pre-ordered War machine but I don't think I will get mark 4 or 6. They all look too similar, no radical changes in design. I wonder how they will pull of the Mark 5, though.

Any specs on this one yet? I wonder if they will make the articulation in War Machine (articulated fingers and abs) a standard in all Iron Men.

Unless you're a completist w/ the IM line, save your hard-earned pounds (or Euros). :peace

Exactly, the final (VI?) suit will be spot on, hopefully one of the camouflage drones from the trailer and who knows what else, already ordered War Machine :D

Spot on with £ pounds too :)

This Armour needs a lot of fattening up.
Look at this Pic of the MK IV, it looks fatter than the MK III
ironman00002smalla.jpg

Maybe it's just the angle of the figure on the preview pic ?

Last edited:
This Armour needs a lot of fattening up.
Look at this Pic of the MK IV, it looks fatter than the MK III
ironman00002smalla.jpg

Maybe it's just the angle of the figure on the preview pic ?

Uh, I'd make do if the figure could just be the same scaled size as the CG suit. The prop suit in the above photo looks fat and bulky, which is understandable considering there's an actual dude in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back