Hot Toys 1/6 Hoth Leia

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the advice! [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vlcsnap-2018-01-19-01h23m54s110.jpg

Nice butt! :lol Seriously - outfit looks really well fitted/padded. Even the boots came out a little better than I expected.

I misread you. For some reason I interpreted your remark as meaning you had only purchased 12 full figures, meaning the other 68 or so you put together with parts. Since I know you do lots of customizing I thought that was crazy but maybe possible. :lol

Good work on the discounts though. After my first ignorant purchase I’ve probably always used the $20 coupon at least, and then I’ve stumbled upon great deals at times — $200 shipped for the ANH Stormtrooper set was probably the best score. When I come across some stupid deal I often bite if I had some passing interest in the figure. Gives me a chance to check out a figure I might otherwise only enjoy through pics since I don’t have a local store. Was able to get the Batman Returns two pack for the price of the single Batman figure. Turned out it wasn’t for me but was awesome to check out a figure like that and it was easy to make my money back.

In general I find that if I can really wait out a figure I probably am not that excited about it. I tried waiting out on TFA Han and he ended up selling out at SS sooner than most. I think that figure was when they started the smaller runs.

Yeah, I meant 12 that I paid full price on. In terms of totally unmodded, I just counted 26 figs (I counted my total figure count also - I have 77 "finished" SW figs and 12-15 Indy figs, most of which are complete - nearly 100 total.:horror)

And yeah, I have 2 HT stormies and paid close to retail on both of them (though they've gone up a bit on eBay now.) Still don't like that helmet sculpt though.:lol

That's pretty awesome, TB! I also have only paid full price for just a handful of figures. I think the last ones I did that for were HT ANH Han and Chewie. At the very least I would use the old $20 codes, but I usually use points or gift cards that I request from my family for the holidays. But I haven’t done nearly as well as you have!

Kudos, good sir! You are an inspiration! :duff

If you can save $30-50 on every fig, that's a pretty huge savings once you add it up. Think of it as "buy 4, get 1 free." You really have to do it - 1/6 figs in my mind just shouldn't be more than $175 just based on what they are and how "disposable income" they are.

I always feel increasingly queasy the more $10 increments above $175 I pay - guilt is a collector's best friend.

And yeah, my first Chewy I paid only about $20 under retail, but my second one I got for only about $200. Yes... I have two Chewies while arguing for extreme thrift.:rotfl

If you can save $30-50 on every fig, that's a pretty huge savings once you add it up. Think of it as "buy 4, get 1 free." You really have to do it

That’s a pretty good rule of thumb! There were a couple of personal must-haves that I jumped on at full rrp last year, but I really tried to utilise loyalty rewards and pre-Christmas sales to maximise my budget which allowed a couple of extra figs I hadn’t really expected to pick up.

It really is an amazing figure! I have zero regrets. Please give us ESB Han, ESB Lando, and yes, badly needed ESB Chewie that actually looks like Chewie. A polite note to Hot Toys: When you pause the Blu-ray, that’s what it supposed to look like, your Empire Strikes Back line so far is incredible, even the DX7 Luke holds up extremely well, please give us those three figures in the same quality [emoji6], if you do I will treat your entire crew to Yung Kee in Central (it’s a local HK reference, if they’re looking at this board, they’ll get it [emoji6])

555183182a5f01cccf6e32d3d4e48628.jpg

Figure looks amazing...Now I gotta stay out of this thread to keep my wallet happy and stay within budget.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Back