Hot Toys 1/6 Hoth Leia

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
649F603B-0A53-4082-BE72-0DDE45CED23B.jpg

70492D65-7F93-474F-BCD9-F3B4EE19E1E0.jpg

It's so strange HT used the slightly wonky Hasbro Nerf toy version of the DH-17 as their reference for the blaster (not either version of the screen-used prop) - and are now using this 1/6 Nerf gun on multiple figure releases. I was hoping it was just the Gunner that would have it and they'd correct the sculpt for Leia.

So they used Wookiepedia's non-screen accurate pic of the rebreather/mask as reference for Leia's mask (and I assume the upcoming Han Bespin will get the same inaccurate mask just like Leia)... and a Hasbro toy as reference for the pistol? Not sure what they used as reference for Leia's welder because that's also noticeably inaccurate versus what's seen onscreen.

Can't wait to get this in-hand, but HT's accessories are starting to get super-weird. They made accessories like Yoda's lantern/crate/flashlight and the Interrogation/mouse droids at half the size they should be in 1/6 - now all three accessories Leia Hoth comes with are noticeably inaccurate? Yeah, hardly anyone uses these things for display, but it's not a good thing.

Yeah it's a shame they don't seem to pay much attention to how things look in the actual movies. They did the same thing with Luke's ANH boots as well, using the darker color from the promo pics instead of the much lighter movie color.

well TaliBane maybe you should apply for a job with hot toys then that way we can get every thing accurate. and then we would have nothing to complain about as everything would be perfect ::lol :monkey3

Yeah it's a shame they don't seem to pay much attention to how things look in the actual movies. They did the same thing with Luke's ANH boots as well, using the darker color from the promo pics instead of the much lighter movie color.

well TaliBane maybe you should apply for a job with hot toys then that way we can get every thing accurate. and then we would have nothing to complain about as everything would be perfect ::lol :monkey3

:lol

It's just strange they can get SO beautifully close with both the headsculpt and the outfit, yet there's this pattern of making the accessories noticeably off. And on release after release - you could understand them dropping the ball on a release or two - but this is consistent.

It actually seems like they don't spend much time on research - if you google DH-17, most pics that come up are of the hasbro Nerf gun that cosplayers have painted black. So it's like HT just did a quick google search (or a quick visit to Wookiepedia like for the breather mask) then built everything from that. Yet you'd assume they'd be sent tons of LFL images of the props that you can't get in any book or website.

oh well I`m glad I don't have that accuracy OCD because if I did all my 8 Detolfs would be sitting empty. and people would say are you collecting something or just a collector of detolfs.

here`s a question to the members that got her early. has any of you removed her boots to see if her pants are long enough to convert into a bespin escape? and to make sure she is not sporting high waters under the hoth boots like the Hasbro jumpsuit had.

Another figure Id love to have but have to consider money and is the character just down right essential to have?

Everything they make would have to be approved by LFL, so any inaccuracies are obviously still passing the review and approval process. The vast majority of things that people point out I would never even notice otherwise lol. I think it's great to be accurate, but if it's 90% there in this scale, only a very small percentage would notice, and the rest would be blissfully happy regardless.

Back