Hot Toys 1/6 Hoth Leia

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I kept hoping but didn't really expect HT to make this version of Leia. I'm really hoping we get a second head sculpt with the Bespin hair loops (and the red Bespin dress, if we're shooting for the stars), but this is my favorite version of Leia and will definitely be bought.

The downside is that this means I now need to create a Star Wars shelf in my collection, which means I need to clear out some of my other figures. Decisions, decisions...

Yes, yes, yes! This would be my dream figure. I doubt they will include her Bespin dress, but an alternate head and boots for the Bespin escape scene wouldn't be that hard to include. It would be an excellent deluxe edition.

Bespin Escape alternate head and boots is my dream 1/6 figure too.
I love how tiny she is in the first pick.

I don't expect the Bespin gown to happen in any form but a Tonner doll.

Now her puzzlingly bizarre, mission - detouring Pocahontas cosplay, that would be a fun one for somebody.

You mean you don't already have one?

Nope! Not a figure collection anyways (I do have a Master Replicas lightsaber that's still sitting in its box). I wasn't in love with the ANH figures, so I decided to wait for ESB/ROTJ versions since I liked those outfits more. The new Darth Maul also looked nice, but without a good younger Obi-Wan figure to display with it, I was reluctant to start a Star Wars collection when I was already short on space. However, I loved Leia in Empire, so she gets an automatic spot in the collection.

I really hope they include this head for the release... the head and boots alone don't justify a whole new figure.

fMAz82b.jpg

After comparing the two different hairstyles, it seems like they should just be able to create a couple swap-out hair pieces for the two different braids in back. No need for a completely separate head.

Going by what they've been doing with standard and deluxe versions lately, I wouldn't be too surprised if that happens with this figure. I can see something like this:

Standard Hoth outfit with:
- DH-17 blaster, gloved hands, and breathing mask

Deluxe Hoth outfit with additional:
- Swappable hair pieces for Bespin, swappable boots, un-gloved hands, and E-11 blaster

You'd then just need to remove the vest to complete the Bespin Escape look.

Hopefully they do the deluxe and standard figures, I like that idea.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

"Lets see....

1. Hoth Leia
2. Bespin Leia
3. Slave Leia
4. Endor Leia
5. Ewok dance leia.

Then back to to the start....
6. Ceremonial Leia
250.00 x 6= 1500.00 sucked out of all the completist SW nerds...."

Ok , whats next.....1/4 scale...
(Excerpt from the last HT board meeting)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I might be in the minority here, but I loved Leia’s Ewok look with the long hair (I do have a thing for hippie chicks). I plan to get every 1/6 Leia they release.

:lol

You forgot Bounty Hunter Leia (standard & deluxe version, deluxe includes lightup thermal detonator instead of non-lightup one), Battle Damaged Endor Leia (deluxe version includes food to offer Ewok), ANH Leia V2, Original McQuarrie Concept Prototype Special Commemorative Anniversary Leia... ;)

"Lets see....

1. Hoth Leia
2. Bespin Leia
3. Slave Leia
4. Endor Leia
5. Ewok dance leia.

Then back to to the start....
6. Ceremonial Leia
250.00 x 6= 1500.00 sucked out of all the completist SW nerds...."

Ok , whats next.....1/4 scale...
(Excerpt from the last HT board meeting)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This will be a nice addition to the line. It would be interesting to see HTs take on Slave Leia because they'd probably do their first seamless or semi-seamless body.

This will be a nice addition to the line. It would be interesting to see HTs take on Slave Leia because they'd probably do their first seamless or semi-seamless body.

Boussh and Slave Leia! Top Leia wants for me.

Slave Leia
Ceremonial Leia
Bespin Leia - red dress
Bespin escape - which I guess is a combo of Vest-less Hoth body and bespin head
Then the rest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Disney has already confirmed they will not be allowing licensed products of slave Leia at all.

Ban or no ban, I think it's a bad idea for them to try slave Leia. They really have struggled with seamless bodies - I have a Gamora, and I'm terrified of trying to pose her much because of the elbows. None of the third party ones have looked good, either.

Now, Boushh Leia... that's the one I'm holding out for. It seems perfect for Hot Toys - a cool helmet, distinctive clothes that cover up the joints, etc.

I thought that was a rumour of a reactionary response to an over-sensitive parent complaining, which was then amusingly criticised by Fisher herself.

(Makes no odds to me, wouldn't be buying one - but it's quite funny if Disney have categorically decided to ban further Slave Leia representations. Had heard Disney considers Jessica Rabbit verboten now as well, for similar reasons of being corporately uncomfortable with the possibility for accusations of promoting sexualised characters)

I thought that was a rumour of a reactionary response to an over-sensitive parent complaining, which was then amusingly criticised by Fisher herself.

(Makes no odds to me, wouldn't be buying one - but it's quite funny if Disney have categorically decided to ban further Slave Leia representations. Had heard Disney considers Jessica Rabbit verboten now as well, for similar reasons of being corporately uncomfortable with the possibility for accusations of promoting sexualised characters)

Seems awfully silly to me... those pin-ups in the 40's are regarded as art these days - the Betty images on the fighter planes, etc.
They're a celebration of the female form - they're beautifully drawn and very flatteringly done.

What about Wonder Woman? That costume, simply put, is a bustier, knickers and some knee length boots... no one complains about that, do they?

I think Di$ney will see sense, once they have milked every other HT Leia incarnation, with only one place left to go for those extra dollars - Slave Leia.
Just sit tight and wait. Anyhow - the sixth scale collectibles are not marketed as toys for kids - so a slightly sexualised version for an adult oriented market wouldn't be outside the realms of possibililty.

There's a minimum age on the box of these figures - can't remember if it's 15 or 16.

Back