Hot Toys 1/6 Hoth Leia

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
02.jpg

I have to go with ESB figs since it was the first SW movie I saw.

Can anyone explain why they can't make female figures with seamless necks? Is it because they just haven't developed the bodies to accommodate that? Bums me out a bit because it always takes away from the realism for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can anyone explain why they can't make female figures with seamless necks? Is it because they just haven't developed the bodies to accommodate that? Bums me out a bit because it always takes away from the realism for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No Adam's apple

Also hope we see ESB Bespin Han, after all we had ANH Leia and Han

I don't know why but I think this is my favorite Leia costume from the series. I remember searching for the old vintage figure when I was younger. Today Hot Toys is 2 for 2.

Surprised there isn't more interest in this one. I'm really excited to get more Empire figures. Will be one of the few hot toys figures I preorder. Also going to get that Jedi Luke.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I *really* like the manageable simplicity of having just one figure of each main character in their primary ANH outfits but "Bespin Escape Leia" with her looped braids and white outfit is the pinnacle of ass-kicking Leia for me. If this new figure comes with an alternate head to allow that look then I don't know how I'd be able to resist.

I've been wondering what the case is for me to buy this since I generally dislike weather specific outfits. Calling it Bespin escape is an interesting angle. It's the same reason I prefer Luke in the so called "Bespin fatigues" more than any other because it's the most useful outfit for any display. Particularly action scenes.

Will definitely be buying this; been holding out on buying any of the OT figures for HT to get into the ESB figures, and of the handful that I'm hoping for, this was one. Feeling fairly confident that HT will do a great job on the likeness, mostly for having already done one Leia already to build on, but also given this is (unfortunately) a tribute piece of sorts.

I kept hoping but didn't really expect HT to make this version of Leia. I'm really hoping we get a second head sculpt with the Bespin hair loops (and the red Bespin dress, if we're shooting for the stars), but this is my favorite version of Leia and will definitely be bought.

The downside is that this means I now need to create a Star Wars shelf in my collection, which means I need to clear out some of my other figures. Decisions, decisions...

I really hope they nail the likeness on this release, as this is the Leia for me, definitely a figure I won't skip if they get it right.

I kept hoping but didn't really expect HT to make this version of Leia. I'm really hoping we get a second head sculpt with the Bespin hair loops (and the red Bespin dress, if we're shooting for the stars)

On that point (and similar "variants all in one box" comments by others) - nah, not going to happen :) This is Star Wars; surely we all know by now that every single character will - eventually - be made, in every possible costume variant, because Star Wars fans will buy them.

This isn't a dip into the licence, as the DX Bespin Luke was; and HT will wring everything out of making the licence until they either lose it or we all go extinct, whichever comes first.

Search your feelings, you (and your bank balance) know this to be true ;)

Back