Hot Toys 1/6 - Hellboy (2019) MMS527

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - Hellboy (2019)

I think the film looks excellent, I'm going into this film without comparing it to Hellboy 2004... I don't see the point in it, it's been over a decade, time to move on.

David Harbour is a great actor. See Black Mass and Stranger Things for more info.
I keep getting reminded of the crooked cop he played in The Equalizer.
Hard to fully accept someone other than Ron Pearlman. At least the red makeup is helping.

All things aside, I honestly am pretty excited for what this figure could be in the end. Movie quality aside, if they sculpt looks as solid as the Mezco one I think it'll be a pretty cool Hellboy in general. The fact he actually looks pretty monster-like actually suits the point of the character in many ways. I also am getting a lot of Del Toro vibes from the creature designs, which I have no doubt they drew influence from.

Hellboy line of collectibles = 1 X 1:6 Hellboy and a bunch of Cos-Babies. (comon, we saw how the LINE goes with Beauty and the Beast, Aliens, Aquaman, Matrix.... and possibly Captain Marvel, and upcoming Captain Mar... I mean... Shazam!)

Hellboy line of collectibles = 1 X 1:6 Hellboy and a bunch of Cos-Babies. (comon, we saw how the LINE goes with Beauty and the Beast, Aliens, Aquaman, Matrix.... and possibly Captain Marvel, and upcoming Captain Mar... I mean... Shazam!)

Pretty much. HT can't complete even their Avengers lines nowadays.

I mean what more is there to deliver from what we've seen? Without Abe or Lobster Johnson I just don't see any of the expected cohorts to be particularly toy-etic. The human side chaps will all be done by KO companies and a fraction of the audience is going to be interested in more than HB himself in the first place. The monsters are too large and tooling-specific for an unproven film (if they can't even sell Marvel cannon-fodder...). HB is the only logical product. Maybe a variant of him too.

I was just over on IMDB and it lists Thomes Haden Church as Lobster Johnson, I really didn’t think we’d ever see that character on screen. Could be false it’s just IMBD, but I still hope its true. Mignolia Universe comics were and still are ones I cannot pass by on the shelf. No Abe is a big disappointment but a cool scene with Lobster could make up for that.

Ron Perlmans Hellboy films seemed like actual theater quality movies. The problem with this new one is it almost has a cheap Netflix vibe to it. I think it would be better suited as a show on one of the popular streaming services as opposed to the start of a new movie "series." I agree about Harbour too, seems like he's miscast for sure.

Yeeeaah, this is what I get also.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

By a Bond situation, do you mean that, at some point no one will care who the hell plays the character?

Is this a jab at TFA and KOTCS because I'm not going down that rabbit hole.

No I actually enjoyed TFA, I just think HF sucked reprising his role as Indy and Solo. But that’s just my opinion haha

Pearlman can eat a fat one, glad he’s replaced

Perlman had two shots. Let Harbour have a go. Looks like a fun ride. I wasn't looking forward to Aquaman and I ended up really really enjoying it.

Excited to preorder this. I'm definitely holding hope that the movie is good. So far i have seen a few clips and it looks great for those small sneek peeks. Hopeful it delivers.

This figure will ship right after the Valerian figures start shipping...which will be right after the Prometheus figures ship...

Back