1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Captain Marvel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Figure looks good to me. If it actually looks like this I'll be happy to buy but now I know not to preorder until I see final product pictures. This figure needs to be displayed without the helmet imo.

When do we think this might be up for PO? Anytime soon or closer to the movie’s release date?

I’m definitely going to pre-order this day one. Most of The time I end up getting the regular versions as I don’t care for the deluxe accessories. In this case I feel I need to get goose so I’ll be paying extra money. I know there’s a lot of people saying they want to wait to see the movie. But honestly I’ve loved all the Marvel movie so far so I can’t see this one thanking. Plus I really like the character I’ve been following her since she was ms. marvel.

All honesty I like the figure and what it comes with just curious in wht the price will be?? Really only a few figures I’m waiting for then I’m retiring from hot Toys. Really like the new DLX line from 3A that bumblebee figure looks crazy

In my experience, no one retires, they just go on hiatus. ;)

Unless they go cold turkey and liquidate their entire collection.

I have almost everything I want, but expect that in the years to come there will be the odd upgrade or some must-have character here and there.

Barring some upstart company that can match HT quality and takes more risks with getting unusual licenses. That could be a game-changer, but unless that happens...mostly done. Mostly. :rotfl

Gorgeous sculpt..still not sure gonna order regular or deluxe version...The Deluxe ver Brown Jacket prone to flaking?

Jacket would be a nice change of pace. The more I look at the costume the more I see Iron Spider, which I didn't like. This costume is more visually pleasing, but still...

In my experience, no one retires, they just go on hiatus. ;)

Unless they go cold turkey and liquidate their entire collection.

I have almost everything I want, but expect that in the years to come there will be the odd upgrade or some must-have character here and there.

Barring some upstart company that can match HT quality and takes more risks with getting unusual licenses. That could be a game-changer, but unless that happens...mostly done. Mostly. :rotfl

Sorry you are so right. I’ll be taking a vacation from hot Toys hahahaha but all seriousness I can’t afford them much longer. I have a humble collection and I love them. I still enjoy the feel and excitement of collecting so I feel like getting into 3a be somewhat of a good pacifier since the figures are smaller scale and somewhat cheaper even though blitzwing is $200 it’s still the fact I’m not getting bombarded by multiple releases that’s are going for $300-$400 prices. Yeah I couldn’t sale my whole collection again. I did it once, and got into only 1/4 scale. I then went on vacation to universal studios and walked into a shop at islands of adventure to come face to face with a bunch of hot toys 1/6 marvel figures and felt soo damn gutted from it haha I sold my 1/4 figures and got back into 1/6. This was also at the time when it was only enter at doing 1/4 and hot Toys did like 2 with no signs of ever doing any other figures.

I think it looks good but I'm not huge fan of the giant sculpted hair. They need to start doing different hairpieces or else figures like this and Aquaman will be stuck looking straight ahead. I'd like to be able to move the head some.

Also interesting that they gave her knee pads instead of being integrated into the suit. Probably to avoid seeing the suit stretch there.

Sorry you are so right. I’ll be taking a vacation from hot Toys hahahaha but all seriousness I can’t afford them much longer. I have a humble collection and I love them. I still enjoy the feel and excitement of collecting so I feel like getting into 3a be somewhat of a good pacifier since the figures are smaller scale and somewhat cheaper even though blitzwing is $200 it’s still the fact I’m not getting bombarded by multiple releases that’s are going for $300-$400 prices. Yeah I couldn’t sale my whole collection again. I did it once, and got into only 1/4 scale. I then went on vacation to universal studios and walked into a shop at islands of adventure to come face to face with a bunch of hot toys 1/6 marvel figures and felt soo damn gutted from it haha I sold my 1/4 figures and got back into 1/6. This was also at the time when it was only enter at doing 1/4 and hot Toys did like 2 with no signs of ever doing any other figures.

In spite of a few misses here and there, the general trend for HT quality is upwards -- with the accompanying upwards trend on prices, which makes being selective not only easier but essential, since I like things like retirement planning, going on vacation, wearing good clothes and eating in nice restaurants. I know, weird priorities. :lol

MCU Captain Marvel looks like a great take on the character and gives us an iconic super-heroic look right outta the gate. That doesn't mean future MCU is necessarily gonna grab me; the really tech-y, futuristic stuff tends to look too busy for me and that's where they're trending right now. Her costume here is a little over-designed but given she's FROM SPACE I can maybe give it a pass if I enjoy the film. ;)

Honestly I like Wasp better but I really don't like how her current costume translates to figure form, too drab. This thing POPS.

The 1/6 wants of the future I could see would be Fantastic Four if they wind up in the MCU; I don't really want to think about MCU X-Men but if it happened I'd likely have just a couple of wants.

The 3A DLX line looks cool, but outside of Bee for nostalgia's sake I don't know that I'd get pulled into that.

Once your active collecting slows down you can start saving and planning on how to best display it, which is really what it's all about in the end. Just having the stuff isn't enough for me -- presentation matters most. It's what I've finally started working on in earnest, now that I have most of the key pieces.

Umm.....

qV4KxD5.jpg

Why would it be a surprise to anyone? They often do put them up the same day as the reveal. Not always, but I'd say more than half the time they do.

I think he was responding to the person who thought it might go for order closer to the movie.

Back