1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Captain Marvel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Umm.....

qV4KxD5.jpg

Some one has got to bring this to HT attention !

Re: Hot Toys Captain Marvel - Captain Marvel (Deluxe Version)

Here are the basic cables, a few other female/female adapters needed as well. I notice the lights are still brighter than the normal outlets, so I hope not TOO much power is going to the LEDs, or their life will be shortened for sure.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FNCN997/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01__o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UJ9AO4O/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just a note if somebody can help me since the popped up on the threat here. The soap reactor uses two different ports for DC power. Both at 4.5 volts, but one with .03 amps, and .3 amps.

I notice my figure LEDs are BRIGHTER plugging into the .3 amps than the .03. Not sure exactly why, since the voltage is the same, and the LEDs should only be drawing the required current (amps needed.) Thoughts, is this safe? I assumed since the voltage was the same, the amps should not come into play really, except to possibly chain and power more figures on the same circuit.

Can you morons stop with these repeated dumb posts over and over? No one is entertained by them.

The movie section apparently is... on that, oh and her lack of butt... :huh

This one looks really good. Wonder is there more than one prototype?

Attachments

• CaptainMarvel.jpg
    CaptainMarvel.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 215
I think the sculpt looks just like her. I plan on passing. Perhaps the movie will change my mind but little excitement for this one.

In spite of a few misses here and there, the general trend for HT quality is upwards -- with the accompanying upwards trend on prices, which makes being selective not only easier but essential, since I like things like retirement planning, going on vacation, wearing good clothes and eating in nice restaurants. I know, weird priorities. :lol

MCU Captain Marvel looks like a great take on the character and gives us an iconic super-heroic look right outta the gate. That doesn't mean future MCU is necessarily gonna grab me; the really tech-y, futuristic stuff tends to look too busy for me and that's where they're trending right now. Her costume here is a little over-designed but given she's FROM SPACE I can maybe give it a pass if I enjoy the film. ;)....

Once your active collecting slows down you can start saving and planning on how to best display it, which is really what it's all about in the end. Just having the stuff isn't enough for me -- presentation matters most. It's what I've finally started working on in earnest, now that I have most of the key pieces.

Ditto, more or less. Tho this year I came under the wire, retail-price wise, mostly grabbing Ultron HTs. IMO beginning to wonder if TWS/CW/Ultron - maybe - were the "richest" - or most loaded? figs HT has done - tho really not sure. DS #1 was certainly a stellar release.

Just seemed like every time I opened an Ultron fig box impressed w. quality and accessories, sculpts and paint work. Read all the old threads but really happy w. everything I picked up.:yess:

Anyway tho for me it's kinda the beginning of taking my foot off the gas. First 10 year group seems a good break point. Will see what figs come out of End Game and I am done-ish. Maybe pick up stuff from BW movie or TV series, depending. Sort of a relief, in a way. Unfortunately least this year, LOL HT seemed to be helping me out *cough* w. corner-cutting:(, at times. Maybe eventually there will be the odd DX uber premium re-release I pick up.

ANYWAY this looks like a good release, for folks that want her. Looked more like Sharon Carter to me tho and I would've wanted rooted hair - but would have displayed in helmet anyway.

Here are the basic cables, a few other female/female adapters needed as well. I notice the lights are still brighter than the normal outlets, so I hope not TOO much power is going to the LEDs, or their life will be shortened for sure.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FNCN997/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01__o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UJ9AO4O/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The 0.3A and 0.03A outputs are both at 4.5V so it doesn't matter which one you use the voltage is the same. Some of the Hot Toys lights could be at 3V (the ones that use 2 batteries instead of 3) and not 4.5V so that could why some are brighter. If that bothers you, you can just splice a resistor in series on the adapter to drop the voltage from 4.5V to 3V.

I like it , one of the better female sculpts by HT and the sculpted hair works , now I’m thinking the next Galdot WW should definitely have sculpted hair :lecture

Crazy how much slighting moving the eyes together changes the look. Much better likeness. I doubt HT will fix it but here’s hoping.

I predict the EX Version of this figure will be worth a ton once it sells out. I'd say higher than what Homecoming Spidey is now.

The 0.3A and 0.03A outputs are both at 4.5V so it doesn't matter which one you use the voltage is the same. Some of the Hot Toys lights could be at 3V (the ones that use 2 batteries instead of 3) and not 4.5V so that could why some are brighter. If that bothers you, you can just splice a resistor in series on the adapter to drop the voltage from 4.5V to 3V.

Appreciate it Memphis.

This figure on further evaluation is just great. The likeness is just a bit off, which is why I am not head of heels right now on it.

Good lord, right off the bat... trash the sculpt. :slap

I'm sorry, but that sculpt looks like Brie, and I will buy two to display with both looks.

I'm very happy with this release. A light up helmeted head with two different mohawk options? I didn't see that coming. Nice. And I'm with you, she looks good both with and without the helmet. This will be a first for me, but I'll probably order two as well (one deluxe, one standard), and I can kitbash a third with the spare sculpt & leather jacket. I'm curious if she'll ever have the jacket on with her suit in the movie. It doesn't seem likely to me, but I could be wrong.

I'm very happy with this release. A light up helmeted head with two different mohawk options? I didn't see that coming. Nice. And I'm with you, she looks good both with and without the helmet. This will be a first for me, but I'll probably order two as well (one deluxe, one standard), and I can kitbash a third with the spare sculpt & leather jacket. I'm curious if she'll ever have the jacket on with her suit in the movie. It doesn't seem likely to me, but I could be wrong.

That’s what sold me on it was the 2 mowhawk options. Awesome stuff

The figure itself along with the masked sculpt which looks awesome the Brie Larson headsculpt looks nothing like her. I don’t see any likeness. Looks very cool tho. Might pick up if the movie is good

It's strange how many people in this thread are saying that. The headsculpt looks perfect to me, dead-on Brie Larson.

Back