1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Captain Marvel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Deluxe for me. This looks really nice. In the top three best female figures from HT so far.

Same here, Deluxe for me too! I’m not so much concerned for the effects or Goose but the Jacket; I’m thinking that jacket will come in handy for a kitbash! Jacket + unhelmeted headsculpt + 3rd party clothes (including SHIELD cap) = Carol undercover!

Btw, I did read the announcement on HT FB page and it sounds like the LED’s for the ams will be powered by 1 source (1 set of batteries) in the body. If this turns out to be the case, I wonder what limitations the arms, shoulders and torso will have.

The accessories in the deluxe edition should really come with the standard release in my opinion, but this seems par for the course with Hot Toys now to release two versions. If I get this it’ll be the deluxe.

This is so freaking ordered.
Definitely 100% on the deluxe.
Literally cannot wait just need the UK sellers to get their PO's up & I'm ordering

Now if the film would just hurry up too ;) lol

Neil

I think it looks just like her, have no interest at the moment but maybe after the movie.

I just wish HT would be consistent with their hair choices so figures wouldn't look odd next to each other. Either make all long hair figs sculpted OR rooted.

It looks somewhat like Brie, but unfortunately the miss is in the direction of being unflattering (as opposed to more flattering).

As we've seen time and time again, the first sculpt, particularly for female figures, has some issues. I would expect real improvement in subsequent releases.

Re: Hot Toys Captain Marvel - Captain Marvel (Deluxe Version)

I think the figure looks good, but the likness is a bit off. I think the accessories are outstanding, and I may likely get this figure. But I want to see production, since the final figure might look more like Babe Ruth than Brie Larson when it comes off the production line.

Not sure if I will display with or without helmet if I get her. I got my soap reactor spliced to power about 40+ batteries now per reactor, so be nice to have 20 figures in a cabinet mostly lit up.

You're welcome :wink1:

I'm glad you found the splitter cables needed to make it happen. Could not find the link to the ones I used, they were no longer in my order history.

Which ones did you go with?

Me too
Kree uniform looks stunning & I definitely hope we get that variant too

Yep, yep!

Honestly, I’m really sick of HT’s doing only 1 character for some movies. Obviously, I understand that there are economic reasons behind that choice. Also, I can understand that this “might” fit into an Endgame collection but with the shape of the base, it looks like they definitely want this to stand alone. Obviously without seeing the movie, I would want them to do a Ronin and possibly a young Fury & Coulson (I respect plain clothes characters) and possibly Mar-vell.

By the way, I'm also surprised (possibly concerned) that the translucent blue fists aren’t shown with the other hands. I’m actually really interested in how the arms are going to be powered from a single source. The helmeted headsculpt seems pretty straightforward with a single (hopefully bight) LED that will light up the translucent eyes and a replaceable translucent Mohawk powered by either a set of AG1’s or AG0’s.

Yep, yep!

Honestly, I’m really sick of HT’s doing only 1 character for some movies.

I think Dr. Strange was the last one to only have 1 figure made. I would say odds are pretty good for a few more from Cap Marvel. Being so close to Endgame doesn’t help much though.

You're welcome :wink1:

I'm glad you found the splitter cables needed to make it happen. Could not find the link to the ones I used, they were no longer in my order history.

Which ones did you go with?

Here are the basic cables, a few other female/female adapters needed as well. I notice the lights are still brighter than the normal outlets, so I hope not TOO much power is going to the LEDs, or their life will be shortened for sure.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FNCN997/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01__o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UJ9AO4O/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I think this looks great, and the likeness looks pretty good to me. Although I would never use the unmasked sculpt anyway. Always liked the character's look in the comics. Only thing in the deluxe that has me interested is the extra hand effects. The jacket is cool, but not sure I'd use it. The cat is a waste for me. But, would still most likely be cheaper to get the deluxe than try to pick up any parted out items I want. Another curious thing is whether or not there could possibly be an Avengers End Game version of Cap Marvel. Especially since the movies are less than 2 months apart.

I think I will wait till after I see the movie though before thinking about a PO. Even though I like the character, I won't want it if for some reason the movie leaves a foul taste in my mouth (especially if they take girl power a little too far like another Disney movie in another galaxy far far away).

If I do decide to get Cap Marvel, this will be my 1st girly figure. :yess:

I try to only play with boy dolls. :lol Makes me feel more manly. :wink1:

Umm.....

qV4KxD5.jpg

Nice photoshop job! The one on the right looks wayyy better! So that's what's off...gotta push her eyes closer together and extend the forehead a bit!

I really dont like sculpted hair, but i think it was the best choice for this style afterall. Too bad the head isnt made out of wood to really capture brie's likeness.

Can you morons stop with these repeated dumb posts over and over? No one is entertained by them.

Back