1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Captain Marvel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool stuff Spanbauer and Thank you for the tips! By the way, if I decide to paint the hair sculpt, I’d probably go a few shades lighter. Even as Vers, before her full on embracing of powers, her hair was closer to blonde than brown. That said however, I do appreciate how much that slight photoshop change made and is making me want to lighten the hair even more so.

If you do that blingus please post several pictures and let us know your process. I am thinking of doing something similar to my Thor (TDW) ...but I have some trepidation.

I finally got this figure since she had free shipping. I love Captain Marvel, she's a great hero and her movie is bad ass! I only held off because I wanted the endgame one but meh. I absolutely love her! I don't like sculpted hair but everything else is awesome!

I finally got this figure since she had free shipping. I love Captain Marvel, she's a great hero and her movie is bad ass! I only held off because I wanted the endgame one but meh. I absolutely love her! I don't like sculpted hair but everything else is awesome!

Congratulations!
Yeah I think this is a great figure, once it arrives you will see how impressive the colors of her outfit are.

Welcome! Ideally though you don't want direct sunlight as that will be too harsh; natural light spilling through a room window or filtered through the leaves of the trees seems to work best.

Yeah agreed!

Got bored and photoshopped a photo I recently took of what proper blonde hair would have looked like on this figure. Now that I've seen it you all have to as well :/

View attachment 508631

Looks better! Now I want to commission some of my CM head sculpts to be repainted :lol

Nice! :) Yeah I agree Captain Marvel is a great super hero and the movie is awesome and I LOVE Captain Marvel!!! :D Glad you're happy with the figure!

For those of you who have done a flying pose for her using the clamp around the hip pads rather than the suit, how are things holding up?

I've had mine in a flying position using that method and I've had no issues so far, though I added extra foam padding to the clamp.

It's been literally a whole year since I've gotten my first Captain Marvel figure and I still feel EXCITEMENT!!!
tXkKYen.gif
tXkKYen.gif
tXkKYen.gif

Great, thanks for the clarification on that. I've got another month of payment plan on her, but the 10% off and free shipping finally got me to cave.
Just wanted to chime in that I've had my Captain Marvel pretty exclusively in some variation of a flying pose ever since I got her last August with varying degrees of success at keeping the stand from touching the outfit, and the "damage" if you can even call it that pictured in the last photo here doesn't amount to much of anything in my opinion.

DSC_0382_1080.jpgDSC_0605.jpegDSC_0075ws.jpgrubbing.jpg

Wow, I can?t believe it had been that long ...time is flying!!

Sadly mine is in storage for now but I do miss having her out, such a great looking figure!

Yeah I can't believe just how much time has passed!! And agreed!

Though, funny how slow time goes by when waiting for a release! :rotfl

Great, thanks for the clarification on that. I've got another month of payment plan on her, but the 10% off and free shipping finally got me to cave.

You're getting one too?! Excellent!! Hope you'll be wowed and happy with her!!!
tXkKYen.gif
tXkKYen.gif
tXkKYen.gif

Just wanted to chime in that I've had my Captain Marvel pretty exclusively in some variation of a flying pose ever since I got her last August with varying degrees of success at keeping the stand from touching the outfit, and the "damage" if you can even call it that pictured in the last photo here doesn't amount to much of anything in my opinion.

View attachment 509638View attachment 509639View attachment 509645View attachment 509646

WOW nice picture with the background and added effects!!!! :clap :clap

Yeah your "damage" looks like minor indents; and for me on one occasion I left her posed on the stand with the clamp around her waist for over a month and it left what looked like crease marks, but when I took her off, the suit bounced back to how it was.

WOW nice picture with the background and added effects!!!! :clap :clap
Thanks man! I put that together yesterday.

Yeah your "damage" looks like minor indents; and for me on one occasion I left her posed on the stand with the clamp around her waist for over a month and it left what looked like crease marks, but when I took her off, the suit bounced back to how it was.
Yep. It's nothing that's going to keep me from leaving her in cool poses.

Thanks man! I put that together yesterday.

Yep. It's nothing that's going to keep me from leaving her in cool poses.

hpnoEyu.gif

Haven't checked this thread in quite a while but I love that Zurdo is still all over it haha love the enthusiasm for Captain Marvel Zurdo!

tXkKYen.gif
tXkKYen.gif
tXkKYen.gif
tXkKYen.gif
tXkKYen.gif
tXkKYen.gif

:wave

Well what else can I say? Captain Marvel is LOVE :blissy :love

WOW thanks for the head's up!!

It looks interesting!! It looks like it's going for Brie Larson in the Ms. Marvel Warbird suit, as the head seems to be a third party BL head (to my eye at least) and the body looks a bit slim. IF that's the case I think looks pretty good overall. I neeeeeeedddd more comic Captain Marvels in the collection so this is a nice welcome!!!! I picked up the AC Play Captain Marvel so I can't wait for this one, should the final product turn out good.

Though in some regards I kinda wish it were closer to the comic pages, ahh well maybe a good body and head swap will probably do the trick!

qzoUnpG.jpg

PxlULaN.jpg

Nice to see MMMOOREEE Captain Marvel! :D

Back