1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Boba Fett ESB Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't really care either way but mine didn't ship either last night and I'm always on the first day. I think this is the first time in over 50 SS orders.

Thank you so much for posting these pics, matrix69! Incredibly helpful reference material here. Outstanding!! :clap

If I could only choose one helmet, I'd take the new HT one since it has the most going for it. But, I think what the Medicom sculptor(s) understood better than the others is the arch of the visor. It affects the entire front half of the helmet, and how it looks from most angles. The shots you took from a bit overhead are the most helpful ones I've seen yet that best illustrate my point.

The visor "eye" part has a curve that extends too far and makes it too rounded on every helmet except the Medicom. That makes the whole helmet shape look wrong, especially from the profile angle. I took a couple of the HT helmet shots from your photo and put them next to similar shots from movie Fett pics. If you pay attention to the arch of the visor in the top (overhead) comparison, you'll see why the whole front half of the helmet looks off in the bottom (profile) comparison. It affects the shape by extending the front half too far forward. That changes the "cheeks" too.

View attachment 422126

And, yeah, that range finder is still too damn long. :lol

Thanks again, matrix!!

Yeah Medicom does sculpt a good helmet even with their 6 inch Mafex line

18ed855148718805c8178a7e4363c148.jpg

f4a572b594c4cf5aeb8fa16a1812809f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's baffling how Mafex and the Hasbro Black series can produce a more accurate looking helmet on a smaller scaled figure...love the colors on that Mafex version too...
If only HT would...Ah..i give up:)

I have Fett and Emperor on preorder. I think after that I might be done with HT. Yes increased price is a factor and my price of consideration is $219 only reason for Emperor preorder. Fett is a exception to replace my SS version. Im not feeling the collectors passion with $265+ figures anymore (ie. Dooku / Maul). But that’s just me…… Still enjoy the forums to see what is new.

Love the way you pose these figures, matrix! Great photo, as always. :clap

But if that's the stock Vader body, then it reinforces for me that HT really needs to start doing something to shorten the height on their future Vader releases.

VaderFettESBCompare1.jpg

Considering how many different characters/figures people would want to pose Vader with, having him properly scaled would be nice. Should be interesting to see if they addressed that with their new ESB Vader. It seems we'll be finding out within days.

Love the way you pose these figures, matrix! Great photo, as always. :clap

But if that's the stock Vader body, then it reinforces for me that HT really needs to start doing something to shorten the height on their future Vader releases.

View attachment 422324

Considering how many different characters/figures people would want to pose Vader with, having him properly scaled would be nice. Should be interesting to see if they addressed that with their new ESB Vader. It seems we'll be finding out within days.

Maybe they thought Wilding was taller than Prowse...as both ANH version's were shorter than this R1 version.

Just scored this for a bounty of $203 shipped from eBay using promo code PRONTO15!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I called Sideshow today to see if my Fett would be shipping today since I was fully charged yesterday..and um, they told me they haven't arrived yet. She said that they're being held at the port waiting to go through customs and should arrive in the next few days. I brought up how I guess the people that said there's have shipped already are apparently mistaken. Sooo yeah, I guess I'm on there naughty list. There goes me getting mine in by next Thursday..oh well.

Same here! I ordered both the regular and deluxe versions and was charged for both yesterday morning; I usually receive them the following day (I live in LA) but still have not received a shipping notice. This has happened a few times before but I am really anxious to get this guy!! Was stoked to get the "coming to our warehouse early" emails!!

Nice pic, Matrix.:clap

I still like the headsculpt on the Hasbro IG-88, even though the Sideshow body is a major upgrade over the hasbro one. I've been meaning to do a head swap to get the hasbro head onto the Sideshow body but never seem to get around to it. The SSC head's lighting feature is sort of cool but it only really works sporadically (some problem with the way the button sits in the head makes mine only come on about half the time, and doesn't stay on very reliably) and doesn't quite look accurate anyway (a lot of light bleed.)

Back