Hot Toys 1/6 Black Panther Erik Killmonger

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In that video you can see that the jaguar pattern is still there, but it's very faint. That could be due to getting washed out by the harsh lighting, but hard to be sure. It will be interesting to see the first in hand photos/videos.

Not as bad as I initially thought, but the excessive amount of gold makes the suit look cheap. The prototype is still miles better.

I bet you the first print run they realized they couldn't get the jaguar pattern to show up very well. They did a retool and added the bright gold lines all over to make the figure stand out at least(however the head they didn't retool since that is just a pure hard plastic mold that came out as intended.)

Nick Fury is spot on Jackson.

Yes. Winter Soldier Nick Fury along with Shuri are the only two that come to mind. The rest are bad misses. Avengers Nick Fury, Blade, T’Challa, Falcon, Killmonger, War Machine, etc. the list goes on and on. Jury is still out on Shuri once we see the actual production sculpt. I’m not even sure I want them to attempt a Morpheus figure :lol

I just can’t get over how bad this looks. I was extremely excited for this figure based on protos even with the bad head sculpt. The subtle gold lines were perfect before. Wonder how many cancels will be happening now.

I think it looks great, and if it's anywhere near as good as my Black Panther figure I got yesterday, I'll be happy. I guess I'm not as angry as everyone else because I loved the character so much in the movie that I don't care if his suit is black or he has the leopard gold, I'm just glad to have him. Also, I'll be getting him for like $150 something plus shipping, thanks to a $25 promo code I got and my Sideshow points. :)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yes. Winter Soldier Nick Fury along with Shuri are the only two that come to mind. The rest are bad misses. Avengers Nick Fury, Blade, T’Challa, Falcon, Killmonger, War Machine, etc. the list goes on and on. Jury is still out on Shuri once we see the actual production sculpt. I’m not even sure I want them to attempt a Morpheus figure [emoji38]
I haven't really seen the Blade before but the Winter Soldier Nick Fury, Falcon (both figures) and all the Don Cheadle headsculpts so far have looked great, plus I'm really digging the T'Challa headsculpt (but I guess I'm the only one).
4e8860013def74d418552c3a8aa4203a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Close up look about a minute in. The gold is actually raised up off the suit a little..
Looking at the video, the guy has his contrast level up too high. If you look at the guy im yellow at 1:30, his shirt is very contrast. I have a feeling that it look better than the video, the guy even said it looked sick. So I have a good hope that it will turn pretty good.... Or at least ok.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The more I see the more I like. I know in person it'll prob be more gold than yellow. But I wish the final product will be more tone down like in the movies.

the pictures put the final product in a very bad light. just look at the mask and rest of the body. the mask had some shimmering gold accents amidst the black, whereas the suit had high contrast gold lines without shimmering gold beneath. its best that it be consistently accurate (ideal) or consistently inaccurate (high contrast gold lines all over). but sadly, its neither. as usual, the HT fanboys just defended HT blindly

the pictures put the final product in a very bad light. just look at the mask and rest of the body. the mask had some shimmering gold accents amidst the black, whereas the suit had high contrast gold lines without shimmering gold beneath. its best that it be consistently accurate (ideal) or consistently inaccurate (high contrast gold lines all over). but sadly, its neither. as usual, the HT fanboys just defended HT blindly
I don't want to jump to conclusions cos this isn't the release product shots... But I'll be highly disappointed if this is what we are getting tbh.
But take loki for example, before release, they had loki in a show with a goofy smirk, and we all go nuts at how bad it was, but it turned out, the sculpt was more similar to the prototype... Hope this is the case too, the prototype had the gold line color wrong, it is more black than gold, but it lights us to gold when he got hit like bp. But in the movie he was never always this gold. So somehow they manage to make it lookk worse but I still hope they fix it in the end, thus the delays. Finger cross.

Why do you care what other people think about the figure? Why do you need to call people names? What's the point of that?

If you like the figure, buy it. If you don't like the figure, don't buy it. Why does it have to bother you if other people like a figure that you don't?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I just hope the unmasked sculpt doesn't suffer a downgrade like T'Challa did. Plan to get it and the weapons parted out to make a military version.

The hair isn't accurate to that but I'm sure he had his hair braided back in the past.

Back