1/6 Hot Toys 1:6 Avengers Endgame : Rescue figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From the photos on facebook they are very excited for this figure overseas but it's IM so it's expected. Budget Stark posted photos of long lines hours before Secret Base even opened.

I have not ordered but i will eventually as IM is the bulk of my collection and it's unique.

I'll probably end up getting it as well, but I have almost 2 years to think about it. A lot could change between now and then. Given that these figures don't sell out before they start to ship, no reason to lock myself in now with an NRD.

For any Aussie who’s interested it’s up for preorder at Popcultcha (Australia).

At current exchange rates I’m pretty much getting this for about $369 USD shipped, after member discount.

Timeewalker has her for $395 w/ free shipping FYI. Timewalker also doesn't do sales tax for me in Cali while Sideshow does. It's about a $50-60 difference considering the shipping too. I'm still probably going to pass but it helps.

Speaking of sales tax, anyone have a good understanding of what is going on with that change? Many online retailers including most 1/6 retailers still do not charge in my state but Big Bad Toy Store for example does. I highly doubt the others are in violation of the law, which makes me wonder why BBTS would bend over backwards to shoot themselves in the foot?

Speaking of sales tax, anyone have a good understanding of what is going on with that change? Many online retailers including most 1/6 retailers still do not charge in my state but Big Bad Toy Store for example does. I highly doubt the others are in violation of the law, which makes me wonder why BBTS would bend over backwards to shoot themselves in the foot?

The tax is at a state level. Typically if the business has a entity or conducts business in that state (sells goods) it is subject to the state taxation’s policy. It is only a matter of time before all internet sales are taxed regardless of where you live, the tax will have treatment for the ship to local taxation rules for all internet commerce.

It was a beautiful ride while it lasted, still have a few years left before it’s completely switched over.

The tax is at a state level. Typically if the business has a entity or conducts business in that state (sells goods) it is subject to the state taxation’s policy. It is only a matter of time before all internet sales are taxed regardless of where you live, the tax will have treatment for the ship to local taxation rules for all internet commerce.

It was a beautiful ride while it lasted, still have a few years left before it’s completely switched over.

Funny thing is I am quite certain BBTS has no presence in my state. However they are not the only online seller of goods to adopt early though either. When they switched I stopped doing business with them. Hopefully the no tax continues for a good while yet, still have a lot of pre-orders:)

With the Wayfair ruling, any retailer not currently collecting sales tax from customers is still on the hook for those taxes starting this year, the only exemptions are for having small amounts of business in a state (like under $100k or 200 transactions yearly or something). Its state taxes, and every state is different about what and how much gets taxed, so its atrociously complicated. Any business not currently collecting probably will be sooner or later, some are probably still trying to figure out how and others may be hoping the ruling gets appealed before they have to cough up the money. It stands to reason that the biggest retailers both have nowhere to hide and the most resources to get their systems for collecting sales tax up and running the quickest

With the Wayfair ruling, any retailer not currently collecting sales tax from customers is still on the hook for those taxes starting this year, the only exemptions are for having small amounts of business in a state (like under $100k or 200 transactions yearly or something). Its state taxes, and every state is different about what and how much gets taxed, so its atrociously complicated. Any business not currently collecting probably will be sooner or later, some are probably still trying to figure out how and others may be hoping the ruling gets appealed before they have to cough up the money. It stands to reason that the biggest retailers both have nowhere to hide and the most resources to get their systems for collecting sales tax up and running the quickest

So do you suppose some of the online retailers might be stuck eating the taxes because they didn't collect up front? I wonder if there is some sort of grace period because of the complicated nature of implementation?

I agree it's odd that BBTS is doing it first (but an accountant or lawyer or something advised them to do it) and it truly makes zero sense that Sideshow isn't collecting sales tax across the country. Some of their items cost thousands, they're definitely selling over whatever state thresholds are out there. eBay is going to start doing it too I think.

Timeewalker has her for $395 w/ free shipping FYI. Timewalker also doesn't do sales tax for me in Cali while Sideshow does. It's about a $50-60 difference considering the shipping too. I'm still probably going to pass but it helps.

Thanks for the information dukefett!

I am planning on buying this so saving some money on an inevitable purchase would be nice. I have never bought anything from Timewalker are they good? I went to their webpage and liked what I saw a lot

Thanks for the information dukefett!

I am planning on buying this so saving some money on an inevitable purchase would be nice. I have never bought anything from Timewalker are they good? I went to their webpage and liked what I saw a lot

Timewalker is a fantastic shop with excellent customer service!

Timewalker is a fantastic shop with excellent customer service!

Yeah i'll second that. I have round about 75 or so Hot Toys right now, and more than half were bought from them. Great people and service.

One thing to note, they have free shipping on anything over 350 dollars OR if you have multiple items that add up to over 350 (ie. like 2 hot toy figures). So if you are ordering rescue then its a moot point because shes already over 350. The only issue would be if you were ordering a standard figure, you'd have to wait until you buy something else from them to get free shipping OR just pay the shipping.

Yeah i'll second that. I have round about 75 or so Hot Toys right now, and more than half were bought from them. Great people and service.

One thing to note, they have free shipping on anything over 350 dollars OR if you have multiple items that add up to over 350 (ie. like 2 hot toy figures). So if you are ordering rescue then its a moot point because shes already over 350. The only issue would be if you were ordering a standard figure, you'd have to wait until you buy something else from them to get free shipping OR just pay the shipping.

Thanks so much for the input Ebro, Nortdort, and Batman I really appreciate it!!!

I was on the fence about this figure at first but the more pictures I see of it the more I realize I have to have it. My only Iron Man Figures are Iron Man (Civil War) and War Machine (CW), I think she will look great next to them.

I love this forum, people can be so helpful!

Finally up at ToyDojo. I have been waiting. https://www.toydojo.com/hot-toys-movie-masterpiece-1-6-scale-figure-avengers-infinity-war-rescue/

-NO NRD
-NO SALES TAX
-FREE SHIPPING >$150

Saving $40+ per figure is a no brainer for me. TAX and shipping in CA add up from SS and BBTS.

Still looks like Alter Ego is the better overall deal. $1 NRD, free shipping, free double-boxing, and reward points. There is also no sales tax to IL (not sure about other states).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back