1/6 Hot Toys 1:6 Avengers Endgame : Rescue figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't mind the price tag if it came with a non helmeted head sculpt. If I remember correctly she had more screen time with no helmet than she did with open face shield.

Get this figure guys! I come from 2022 and this figure has replaced the mark 47 as the grand daddy of all Iron Man related figures with the price topping $5k.

:wink1:

Get this figure guys! I come from 2022 and this figure has replaced the mark 47 as the grand daddy of all Iron Man related figures with the price topping $5k.

:wink1:

LOL. How can I NOT buy two of these?!?! Ok, I'll probably just buy one, mostly because I saw Endgame again yesterday and really liked the Rescue suit in the battle...but $5K is nothing to sneeze at either... ;)

I come from 2023 and Hot Toys just released a Super Deluxe version and this one is worth next to nothing.:wave

Because my perception has been that the price tag on an Iron Man has more to do with the character’s popularity than how much it costs to produce one.
I don't know Hot Toys pricing strategy, obviously, but I don't think this is a huge factor--at least not the way that you mean it.

When the Mandarin was released, he was priced at $220. Other, drastically more popular figures that year were priced in the same range, so long as they were comparable (i.e. number of accessories, etc). Similarly, the MSRP for a Marvel Legends Hydra goon is the same as a Marvel Legends Tony Stark.

Think about it: wouldn't you be angry if HT produced a Sean Connery James Bond figure at $300 and a less popular Bond at $220, both with the same accessories? It wouldn't be a good pricing strategy because the optics would be terrible.

Instead, HT might produce the less popular figure with fewer accessories or features. That means it costs them less to produce, so they can charge the lower $220 price. For the more popular figure, they add more accessories and features, which allows them to charge a higher price that collectors feel is justified by the better accessories. They probably have slightly better margins on the higher priced figure because they charge more for, say, an extra head than it costs them to include it.

An Iron Man figure requires more pre production and engineering, and a drastically higher number of pieces be manufactured. We can assume they have a much more complex assembly procedure than putting pants on a stock body. Unlike most figures, they are fully painted from head to toe. All of these things increase the cost beyond that of a standard true type figure.

It wouldn't be practical to sink all that money into developing, say, the Mandarin, because customers would never pay the associated price. It IS practical to sink all that money into Iron Man because collectors are more willing to pay for it. They do, also, occasionally produce a handful of lower cost plastic Iron Men with fewer accessories and a simpler paint job to accomodate collectors at a lower price point.

So, to put it simply: they probably don't significantly increase the price of a figure just because it's a popular character, but they definitely include more expensive features and add ons for such a figure, which allows them to charge a premium price.

Ultimately, the rising prices suck, but HT is a business and these are luxury items so it's hard for me to get too mad about it. If they start charging more than what I'm willing to pay, yeah, I'll stop buying and hopefully they will find a way to bring costs down if that happens.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Mostly it's just that Pepper Potts is not a character a lot of people want to drop over 400 bills on. Some will for sure, but probably less than 25% of people who buy mark 85 will buy this.

Mostly it's just that Pepper Potts is not a character a lot of people want to drop over 400 bills on. Some will for sure, but probably less than 25% of people who buy mark 85 will buy this.
They'll probably do a smaller run--and that actually might drive to cost per unit up, since that's how manufacturing works most of the time.

They'll probably do a smaller run--and that actually might drive to cost per unit up, since that's how manufacturing works most of the time.

This will definitely be a smaller run than a lot of figures. Could make it an expensive figure down the road, or it could be a shelf warmer and go on discount. It being Iron Man related I would guess the price to go up eventually.

Who knows maybe she will show up in the next Spiderman flick to help the kid out and make the suit a little more popular.

That's how she is in the movie though, isn't she?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Is it? She spent about as much time without the helmet on in the final battle scenes as she did with it on, and from what I remember, very little time with just the face plate up.

proxy.duckduckgo-1.jpg

Is it? She spent about as much time without the helmet on in the final battle scenes as she did with it on, and from what I remember, very little time with just the face plate up.

View attachment 455250

There is part of the reason for price right there with all those lights that they will have to make light up. Not that i will ever put batteries in it.

I don't mind the price tag if it came with a non helmeted head sculpt. If I remember correctly she had more screen time with no helmet than she did with open face shield.

Yeah she did, and she was totally unmasked for Tony's death scene.

Yeah exactly. Honestly if it was a full featured figure with both (new) headsculpts I would probably buy it at this price, but they're seriously lazy to just rework the old faceplate one and not even include the head they already have made also. I'm not going to support this type of work.

Back