1/6 Hot Toys 1:6 Avengers Endgame : Rescue figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still looks like Alter Ego is the better overall deal. $1 NRD, free shipping, free double-boxing, and reward points. There is also no sales tax to IL (not sure about other states).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice! I"ll have to check them out. If there is no sales tax to CA then it's a win! I do love having the rewards points as well.

Nice! I"ll have to check them out. If there is no sales tax to CA then it's a win! I do love having the rewards points as well.

They also give you $25 in rewards points every year on your bday

Still looks like Alter Ego is the better overall deal. $1 NRD, free shipping, free double-boxing, and reward points. There is also no sales tax to IL (not sure about other states).

I thought all but five states had sales tax in the US? Those being Alaska, Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire, and Oregon.

I thought all but five states had sales tax in the US? Those being Alaska, Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire, and Oregon.

Alter Ego is located in Ohio. They aren’t charging sales tax across state lines yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alter Ego is located in Ohio. They aren’t charging sales tax across state lines yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, but IMO the odds are pretty good they'll be required to charge us tax by the time this is forecast to ship (Feb 2021). For anything that far out, best to assume all on-line retailers will be charging us tax. So when it comes to picking a retailer the taxes are pretty much a wash, save for those outfits that discount the price up front.

Yeah i'll second that. I have round about 75 or so Hot Toys right now, and more than half were bought from them. Great people and service.

One thing to note, they have free shipping on anything over 350 dollars OR if you have multiple items that add up to over 350 (ie. like 2 hot toy figures). So if you are ordering rescue then its a moot point because shes already over 350. The only issue would be if you were ordering a standard figure, you'd have to wait until you buy something else from them to get free shipping OR just pay the shipping.

Thanks again!
The more pictures I see of this figure the better it looks. I put in my pre-order with Timewalker a couple of hours ago. I am looking forward to doing business with them!

The figure seems to look somewhat purple in videos, compared to the blue of the promo pics and how it actually appeared in the movie.

If BBTS, Alter Ego and Timewalker aren’t charging sales tax to other states they are in non-compliance mode right now, and it WILL come back to bite them. My wife is a corporate accountant for a mail order/online retailer, and her department has been working for months trying to get it all figured out, because it’s not just about getting the sales tax figured out for each specific state — many of these states have different sales tax rates depending what County you are in, which adds to the confusion — so it’s a constant back and forth trying to figure out compliance. My wife’s been doing this type of work for over forty years for a multi-million dollar company, I can’t even imagine the problems a smaller online retailer is having trying to figure this out because the scumbags in government can’t get enough of our money to spend on stupid crap.

Edit: there is also City, District, County, & Transportation taxes that have to be collected. Then every month many of these things change; and there is also Tax Holidays where at certain times of the year some taxes aren’t collected. The tax code throughout the US is a nightmare.

If BBTS, Alter Ego and Timewalker aren’t charging sales tax to other states they are in non-compliance mode right now, and it WILL come back to bite them. My wife is a corporate accountant for a mail order/online retailer, and her department has been working for months trying to get it all figured out, because it’s not just about getting the sales tax figured out for each specific state — many of these states have different sales tax rates depending what County you are in, which adds to the confusion — so it’s a constant back and forth trying to figure out compliance. My wife’s been doing this type of work for over forty years for a multi-million dollar company, I can’t even imagine the problems a smaller online retailer is having trying to figure this out because the scumbags in government can’t get enough of our money to spend on stupid crap.

Edit: there is also City, District, County, & Transportation taxes that have to be collected. Then every month many of these things change; and there is also Tax Holidays where at certain times of the year some taxes aren’t collected. The tax code throughout the US is a nightmare.

BBTS is actually collecting sales tax. Someone pointed out there there's some limits, like $100,000/sales or something for certain states that I'm sure small outfits don't hit up to.

I mentioned it before but SIDESHOW not collecting sales tax makes zero sense. They're the largest 1/6 and statue retailer out there and they sell other stuff worth thousands of dollars too and only charge sales tax in California where they're located that I've seen.

For someone outside the US, I’ve never understood the thing whereby the state is so completely independent from the nation it’s supposedly part of; that you have different laws, different taxes, it just seems to be a nightmare for certain things. Most other countries charge a consistent rate of ‘sales tax’ nation wide. But for it to differ, not just by state but by county etc, could mean hundreds of different tax jurisdictions which imo would be enough for any business owner to just start pulling their hair out.

For someone outside the US, I’ve never understood the thing whereby the state is so completely independent from the nation it’s supposedly part of; that you have different laws, different taxes, it just seems to be a nightmare for certain things. Most other countries charge a consistent rate of ‘sales tax’ nation wide. But for it to differ, not just by state but by county etc, could mean hundreds of different tax jurisdictions which imo would be enough for any business owner to just start pulling their hair out.

Well to be honest it wasn't really an issue until the last few years. Basically online stores would only charge sales tax to people who buy in the state they operate the business in. If you buy things across state lines you don't pay sales tax because you don't reside there; technically everyone is supposed to be reporting and paying the sales tax for their interstate purchases, but I would venture to say that nobody does that. I'm really curious as to how much sales tax the states will gain in the next few years, I mean I still avoid paying it when I can since not all sellers do it. Like if Amazon sells something and a 3rd party seller has it at the same price, I'll buy it from them. Half the time they're shipped prime too.

Its even weirder when amazon charges me sales tax, and they dont pay income tax, in fact they get tax breaks. Its very confusing. Thats 'Murica.

Well to be honest it wasn't really an issue until the last few years. Basically online stores would only charge sales tax to people who buy in the state they operate the business in. If you buy things across state lines you don't pay sales tax because you don't reside there; technically everyone is supposed to be reporting and paying the sales tax for their interstate purchases, but I would venture to say that nobody does that. I'm really curious as to how much sales tax the states will gain in the next few years, I mean I still avoid paying it when I can since not all sellers do it. Like if Amazon sells something and a 3rd party seller has it at the same price, I'll buy it from them. Half the time they're shipped prime too.

Yep, and then there was also online companies had to charge sales tax only in those states where they had a physical presence (like a warehouse, or their corporate headquarters). A lot of this hoopla over sales tax was due in large part to Amazon and the Wayfair lawsuit in North Dakota (or was it South Dakota?). Once the state found it was losing out on all that revenue due to online sales outnumbering local purchases, they had to get their greedy mitts on that money; it was just a matter of time before the government went after internet sales — it just took them a lot longer than anyone anticipated.

Its even weirder when amazon charges me sales tax, and they dont pay income tax, in fact they get tax breaks. Its very confusing. Thats 'Murica.

Sales tax =/= income tax. They're passing along all the sales tax collected to the states.

Amazon lost tons of money for years and are using tax loop holes to offset their income now with their losses in the past, at least that's as far as I understand it.

Yep, and then there was also online companies had to charge sales tax only in those states where they had a physical presence (like a warehouse, or their corporate headquarters). A lot of this hoopla over sales tax was due in large part to Amazon and the Wayfair lawsuit in North Dakota (or was it South Dakota?). Once the state found it was losing out on all that revenue due to online sales outnumbering local purchases, they had to get their greedy mitts on that money; it was just a matter of time before the government went after internet sales — it just took them a lot longer than anyone anticipated.

Yeah it took forever, fortunately for us haha. It was South Dakota if I remember right.

Sales tax =/= income tax. They're passing along all the sales tax collected to the states.

Amazon lost tons of money for years and are using tax loop holes to offset their income now with their losses in the past, at least that's as far as I understand it.

Amazon reinvests a ton of money into R&D so that decreases their taxable income as well. I read an article recently that said they reinvested $22 billion, with Google second at $16 billion. Also, although they didn't pay any Federal income tax, they paid $330M in state income taxes. And the "rebates" wasn't free money given to them, it was basically a refund on previous payments.

Back