1/6 Hot Toys 1:6 Avengers Endgame : Rescue figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to like detolfs, but there are a couple of problems ive noticed. 1. unless you have it on a riser, that bottom shelf is basically worthless. 2. i do this, and I've seen a lot of others do this, but we tend to jam multiple figures on each shelf and when you do that it looks like a mess, especially when there are figures behind figures. I'm also not sure about putting a lot of weight on those glass shelves, thats why my diecast iron man is on the bottom.

I've come up with a partial solution, legends display cases. they are pretty slick for 80 bucks for the 1/4 scale (hulk and thanos fit in this), and i think the 1/6 is 60 or so. when i get those coupon codes from sideshow thats what I'm ordering since to be eligible the item has to be 50 bucks.

None of these hot toys figures will trouble a detolf shelf. Even if you squeeze as much as can fit on a shelf.

They know it's the last Potts figure, and it'll be rare. Plus Endgame, diecast, perhaps higher likeness fees etc etc so it's logical in some ways.

But I'm definitely out. This is for the core Marvel and Iron Man collectors I think.

If it goes up in price after market it won't be rare anymore because hot toys will release it again.

Well if you own a high number of these you need a way to display them. This is one of the more economical ways to do it. Also, don’t worry about the weight per shelf with diecast figures. I live in earthquake country, and I have no problem. No problem, even with 3 on a shelf.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree. Short of spending thousands on custom cabinets or spending weeks making them yourself there is no better display option for a larger sized 1/6 collection than detolfs.

Hey Grimlock, any chance you can post a picture of the hot toys Avengers Age of Ultron Hulkbuster on one side of the hot toys Iron Monger, with the Hulkbuster 2.0 on the other side of Iron Monger, so that Iron Monger is standing between the 2 Hulkbusters?[I ask, as it would make a pretty cool set up.].Cheers! :)

I’ll try to do it later today if I remember. [emoji2369][emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it goes $800+ after market... Everyone will say how can we miss this... Hot toys please re-release it... Just like mark 46.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

If it goes $800+ after market... Everyone will say how can we miss this... Hot toys please re-release it... Just like mark 46.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Hot Toys doesn’t re-release all their rare/valuable figures...far from it. Look at the early SDCC figures (Sold both of mine for about $2K), DX Joker, etc. I can only think of a few Marvel re-releases- Gantry, MK43, Hulkbuster, MK50. Are there others I’m missing?

Hey Grimlock, any chance you can post a picture of the hot toys Avengers Age of Ultron Hulkbuster on one side of the hot toys Iron Monger, with the Hulkbuster 2.0 on the other side of Iron Monger, so that Iron Monger is standing between the 2 Hulkbusters?[I ask, as it would make a pretty cool set up.].Cheers! :)

Here you go.

5859818adfb0a7ec5973cc6eae13d841.jpg
7fb5ca7e4c23ad1845713f646d2f7a00.jpg

3e0da55944b236c46b4347ab3a24f51e.jpg

671e4ec5a0e1a9a92025a5980b158e40.jpg

We need a Monger 2.0 sooo bad. I hope HT will go back and redo a mk 3 and Iron Monger for some sort of closing out of IM collecting

We need a Monger 2.0 sooo bad. I hope HT will go back and redo a mk 3 and Iron Monger for some sort of closing out of IM collecting

I’d be up for those. Couldn’t pull the trigger on the current DC Mark III, and got in waaay after Iron Monger, which I’m guessing is dated now anyway.

I wouldn’t mind a new version of Iron Monger, but I doubt they will do it. I just don’t think it would sell well enough. The original HT Iron Monger definitely shows it’s age compared to more modern HT figures. The Stane bust inside seems totally out of scale compared to the rest of the figure. It just a giant head! I’d love a re-do with much more diecast content.

f670314b9bf2a65fca62d9fdb7793b9c.jpg

I’d be up for those. Couldn’t pull the trigger on the current DC Mark III, and got in waaay after Iron Monger, which I’m guessing is dated now anyway.

yeah id love to see what they could pull off now, as long as the hips get fixed id be happy

I wouldn’t mind a new version of Iron Monger, but I doubt they will do it. I just don’t think it would sell well enough. The original HT Iron Monger definitely shows it’s age compared to more modern HT figures. The Stane bust inside seems totally out of scale compared to the rest of the figure. It just a giant head! I’d love a re-do with much more diecast content.

[...]

Whoa...yeah the proportions need a lot of re-working. Not just the hips. I think if they produced a new diecast Mark 3 with screen-accurate colours and improved engineering along with a new Iron Monger, it'd sell pretty well. Has their been an Iron Man release that didn't? Maybe some of the HPP armours?

Back