1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Capt America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or you can keep waiting until they actually make one that looks right.

This made me chuckle...we've seen Hot Toys do this again-and-again with several characters.

For those of you who are "new-ish" to Hot Toys...they've been redoing several key characters/franchises for years. There was an awkward period for a number of years when Hot Toys FIRST started until probably about a decade later that they certainly weren't as adept and talented as they are now.

-Nolan Batman in the TDK suit: Probably the first BIG series of redo's. Ever since the fiasco with the first release and the oily abs, Hot Toys kept plowing ahead with redoing the Bale Batman. They redid this figure several times with a DX version, an Armory version, Quarter scale, (also competing against Medicom and Enterbay a little) and are releasing ANOTHER one right now.

-Nolan Ledger Joker: Again they redid him a few times. The first release was pretty good suit-wise but the headsculpt wasn't all there. I think they did a 2.0 and DX version. TDK came out at a time where Hot Toys was starting to get better with their sculpts, but they weren't quite there yet in some cases.

-Iron Man: Probably the most notorious of all the Hot Toy "redos". The early Iron Mans were plastic and rubber, and the rubber was notoriously fading on some. They found their niche with the DIECAST Iron Mans and were able to capitalize on this and ended up redoing a lot of the previous armors in DIECAST fashion....not to mention all the re-used parts and armors...just repainted.

-Alien and Predators: Not many think of these, but Hot Toys got their early start and popularity based on their Alien, Aliens, AVP, AVP:Requiem, Predator, Predator 2, etc. figures. The first series of AVP Predators and Aliens USCM figures were all "build-a-figure" model kits and a pain because of the delicate pieces. Anyways, a lot of these were released in Hot Toys' early days when they were still a little rough and their sculpts, likenesses, etc. weren't all there. As years went by and Hot Toys became THE 1/12th scale company, they re-visited a lot of these figures and characters and made 2.0 versions with their more modern styling and better craftsmanship. I think this was a nice "honorable mention" to some of the figures that helped make them famous.

-Robocop: Another early figure/franchise for Hot Toys. They re-did Murphy and I also think they redid ED-209.

They've gotten lucky that they've been able to "redo" Captain America throughout his various outfits. I definitely agree that the IW is probably the best of the bunch in terms of proportioning the body and the suit. Hopefully that holds with the Endgame. I hope they end up re-doing the STRIKE Suit...I really like the outfit but the figure "as-is" is pretty poor when compared to the more recent releases. Once again, Hot Toys went through an awkward period with the MCU releases as they juggled the scale and tried figuring out some of the figures.

That's the one I'm thinking about picking up, as well.

Yeah, I like the bright colours and since I have 2012 Hulk and am contemplating Iron Man Mark VII I figure I might aswell go for the 2012 film lineup. Obviously then I'd need a 2012 Thor...but I'm banking on a 2.0 there.

I find his 2012 outfit to be, by far, his worst outfit. It looks like that joke comic version he wore on stage with the dancing girls. Like the designers completely ignored how The First Avenger actually made his suit look cool.

I find his 2012 outfit to be, by far, his worst outfit. It looks like that joke comic version he wore on stage with the dancing girls. Like the designers completely ignored how The First Avenger actually made his suit look cool.

Funny thing is it's the most used outfit. It was in the Avengers, Thor Dark World and Endgame

I think the 2012 outfit would look a lot better with some minor changes--a brown belt, and the modern helmet design, for starters.

The real issue, though, is that it doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the Avengers. It lacks presence. The Endgame outfit, I think. Is pinnacle Cap.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Seems like HT is really cheapening out on the trinity finale. Iron Man Mk 85 is a certified BUST...the proto pics for EG Cap were sh***y to begin with, so this will likely end poorly, and the proto for Fat Thor were underwhelming as well (to me at least)...congrats to HT for going out with a massive WHIMPER on the Avengers finale.

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

I've found it to be a grower. Definitely still the least cool suit (so I could be tempted by perhaps a Civil War 2.0 figure later on) but I'm glad they didn't try to retcon in it out of existence in the Endgame 2012 sequence. The head-piece is the silliest part of it and I might just display him without that on.

I can?t believe that with your handle, subzro, you didn?t just say Cold Toys :wink1:

EDIT: More suggestions:

Comatose Toys
Sluggish Toys
Demoralizing Toys
Procrastinating Toys
Unreasonable Toys
Dormant Toys
Tiresome Toys

Given their recent string of disastrous misses, I think "Hot Steaming Pile of **** Toys" suits them best. :lol

Back