1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Capt America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like they only changed the star and nothing else. Was hoping they'd change the chest piece and not made it separate.

Finally I'm excited to see cap in hand plus Hellboy and Heavy Mando. Maybe I'll get Spiderman also.

I?d bet that HT?s produced a very limited quantity of Hellboy. If they made 5000 I?d be surprised as my guess would be 1000-2000 pieces total. I?m also excited to see him in hand and hopefully buy this extremely limited release. HT?s hasn?t made such a low quantity run in years.

Hmm. The star does look a tad larger, but can’t really tell if they did away with the ugly separate scaled chest piece and made it all one piece that’s part of the suit, as well improved the proportions of the body. I hope they did for those who PO’d this.

As for me, I’m still waiting for a SS 2.0 as that’s my favorite modern Cap suit. I’d gladly sell my CW and AoU Cap for that.

Sup SS17! I had to quote you here because I’ve been reading your replies for years and you almost made me cry by suggesting you’d part with a CW Cap if they release a STRIKE suit 2.0; don’t even think that please! Regardless of what minor changes made to EG Cap and/or a future fully BD version to be released (which will likely reuse most of the same molds & materials from the regular EG Cap) I honestly feel that either CW Caps will go down as the best overall red, white & blue suited versions of the figure. I’m sure you remember the period of time when most people finally got over the magnetic shield with the AoU Cap and started to notice the issues with that figure which people seemed blinded by because of that damn magnetic shield. Honestly most of the AoU line had problems with oversized heads, hands, feet (boots), etc. and the color schemes were so blown out or just too vivid (which wasn’t necessarily HT’s doing but what models they had to work with).

Again, as for the CW Caps, unfortunately neither version was actually complete without parts from the other but the regular and the BD, looking at them right now as compared to all the previous and IW & even Concept Cap (which actually looks decent with an unmasked CW head on top and Bucky’s SAW in his hands), to me it seems that HT’s & Marvel perfected almost everything on the last fabric Cap suit. Also, the CW Caps were the last versions to include metal shields which to my eyes still seem to take the paint the best.

Of course, if they apply the same tech, R&D and TLC to a SS 2.0 that has traps, comes with a metal shield and is colored correctly, I could definitely understand your desire for that.

Sup SS17! I had to quote you here because I’ve been reading your replies for years and you almost made me cry by suggesting you’d part with a CW Cap if they release a STRIKE suit 2.0; don’t even think that please! Regardless of what minor changes made to EG Cap and/or a future fully BD version to be released (which will likely reuse most of the same molds & materials from the regular EG Cap) I honestly feel that either CW Caps will go down as the best overall red, white & blue suited versions of the figure. I’m sure you remember the period of time when most people finally got over the magnetic shield with the AoU Cap and started to notice the issues with that figure which people seemed blinded by because of that damn magnetic shield. Honestly most of the AoU line had problems with oversized heads, hands, feet (boots), etc. and the color schemes were so blown out or just too vivid (which wasn’t necessarily HT’s doing but what models they had to work with).

Again, as for the CW Caps, unfortunately neither version was actually complete without parts from the other but the regular and the BD, looking at them right now as compared to all the previous and IW & even Concept Cap (which actually looks decent with an unmasked CW head on top and Bucky’s SAW in his hands), to me it seems that HT’s & Marvel perfected almost everything on the last fabric Cap suit. Also, the CW Caps were the last versions to include metal shields which to my eyes still seem to take the paint the best.

Of course, if they apply the same tech, R&D and TLC to a SS 2.0 that has traps, comes with a metal shield and is colored correctly, I could definitely understand your desire for that.

Hey man.

The CW suit is probably my favorite modern red white and blue rendition. I get the desire for the EG suit with the scales, which I too was initially hyped about, but in retrospect, I think I prefer the suit without them as it makes the suit look more minimalistic, which appeals to me. Which is also why the SS appeals to me the most as being my favorite modern CA suit. It seems the most practical to me in the sense of not being as flamboyant as the red white and blue suits, but still retains a CA vibe with having the star on the chest. Not to mention if you display it with his traditional red white and blue shield.

But those are good points regarding the CW figure being the last figure to include a die-cast shield (the best one imo) and having used the more preferable outfit material imo with the fabric as opposed to this new synthetic material they’re using. The only thing that bugs me about the CW Cap is the boxy looking torso (at least to me eye), which they also appear to have used on this EG figure. The Concept Cap and IW Cap bodies are leaner while still being as large as the CW figure and therefore to my eye, more accurate.

There certainly are a lot of variables to consider though for sure. I’d happily trade both my CW and AoU Caps for a 2.0 SS Cap, but yeah provided everything on it checks out. My main preference would be the accurate body. The synthetic suit material I could probably live with as well as if it came with a plastic strike suit shield with the powder blue stripes because I’d probably display it with a traditional red white and blue shield anyway and would likely have to hunt one of those down, and it’d be die-cast.

In a perfect world, my ideal minimalistic Cap evolution would be:

- TFA 2.0 (prefer this iteration of his vintage suit in lieu of TWS GA version)

- SS 2.0 (my favorite rendition of his modern suits, and would cover having a modern suit with the helmet on)

- IW (covers having an un-helmeted sculpt that is also different by having the beard, as well as a modern red white and blue suit)

Hey man.

The CW suit is probably my favorite modern red white and blue rendition. I get the desire for the EG suit with the scales, which I too was initially hyped about, but in retrospect, I think I prefer the suit without them as it makes the suit look more minimalistic, which appeals to me. Which is also why the SS appeals to me the most as being my favorite modern CA suit. It seems the most practical to me in the sense of not being as flamboyant as the red white and blue suits, but still retains a CA vibe with having the star on the chest. Not to mention if you display it with his traditional red white and blue shield.

But those are good points regarding the CW figure being the last figure to include a die-cast shield (the best one imo) and having used the more preferable outfit material imo with the fabric as opposed to this new synthetic material they?re using. The only thing that bugs me about the CW Cap is the boxy looking torso (at least to me eye), which they also appear to have used on this EG figure. The Concept Cap and IW Cap bodies are leaner while still being as large as the CW figure and therefore to my eye, more accurate.

There certainly are a lot of variables to consider though for sure. I?d happily trade both my CW and AoU Caps for a 2.0 SS Cap, but yeah provided everything on it checks out. My main preference would be the accurate body. The synthetic suit material I could probably live with as well as if it came with a plastic strike suit shield with the powder blue stripes because I?d probably display it with a traditional red white and blue shield anyway and would likely have to hunt one of those down, and it?d be die-cast.

In a perfect world, my ideal minimalistic Cap evolution would be:

- TFA 2.0 (prefer this iteration of his vintage suit in lieu of TWS GA version)

- SS 2.0 (my favorite rendition of his modern suits, and would cover having a modern suit with the helmet on)

- IW (covers having an un-helmeted sculpt that is also different by having the beard, as well as a modern red white and blue suit)

Thanks for the detailed reply to my detailed reply :wink1:

I actually have a few other things to mention in regards to your comment but right now I?m about to go sleep. I?ll edit this tomorrow, SS17!

Really quick though, I 100% agree that IW & CC bodies look better than all previous BUT, I?m sure you do know that, 1.) IW Cap and Concept Cap bodies are different (I?m not certain which is which but isn?t 1 of them a Supes?) and 2.) Under CC?s ? shoulder traps suit material? is just AIR, the shape on both sides between the neck and each rotator cuff that looks muscular and built is achieved (perhaps by accident or possibly by design) purely by the costume. This is especially true with the CC figure as I?ve pressed down on each section multiple times to feel nothing but air while thankfully the suit material pops right back up into shape.

Ok, that was much more than I was planning on typing as I?m going cross eyed like the DX09 barely managing to stay awake. I?ll update s?more soon but great discussion and I do understand and like your points about a ?good? SS Cap 2.0, seeing as you prefer the stealth to the STRIKE :lol and it does make a ton of sense as I did quite a few mods on mine years ago since the figure out of the box was basically a box with 4 limbs and a head, it was so undefined.

For those of you who own the IW and Concept Cap, how is the suit material holding up? Kinda nervous about it.

For those of you who own the IW and Concept Cap, how is the suit material holding up? Kinda nervous about it.

I've had both since their release and can't report any issues here. They are the only 2 caps I own and gotta say they have the best proportions. The flat shoulders on the rest of the versions just looks terrible to me.

Yeah, I get that, but seems like tough stuff. My CW BP is holding up well too - seems to be the same kind of material. My figs are under glass - but I think if they are gonna degrade or peel, it'll be just from time. In time. Er.

Hard to say - so far so good. I'd say I got my money's worth.

All of mine are holding up fine but right now I only have CW, IW & Comcept displayed. Considering that I kitted out my Concept Cap with an unmasked headsculpt to start, black plastic shield on back, holding the same SAW as Bucky, 2 grenades on his belt, 2 smoke bombs on his left upper strap, a 92FS Pistol in a holster on his right leg, 2 knives in holsters on his left leg, a double barrel shotgun sling over his shoulder, a Glock 26 (BW tiny pistol) below his knives on his left calf, 2 flash bangs on his upper right strap, 2 extra magazines for the SAW behind his back between his belt and finally a Heckler & Koch MP5K strapped to his right thigh straps (just in case :lol).

Considering that I?ve had to fit, test fit, tighten, loosen, basically like I said, kitted him up for a real world Stealth Strike Cap, the base figure has been through the ringer and came out unscathed and ready for WAR. Even the shoulders haven?t flattened out with everything weighing down on the figure. Also my CW Cap which has been holding up his diecast shield with both arms posed against Mk. 46?s hand blasters for years with no problems yet. Lastly, my IW Cap, which is the most boring of the 3 on display right now just standing straight up with a diecast shield on his back, diecast Mj?lnir in his right hand but hanging down with the arm straight and left hand holding, what I think is the coolest weapon to come out of IW, Corvus Glaive?s glaive in all its 15 inch gold and silver glory.

As far as deteriorating Cap figures, I?d imagine that Rescue Cap would be the worst but mine has been sitting in his box for the better part of 3-4 years but that will soon change when EG Cap releases with my intention to setup all the Caps and Steves I currently own (I have kitbashed WWII Cap) 2 plain clothes Steve?s in addition to the one included with the SS double pack and my original A1 Cap received hours of Mods by myself which I haven?t laid eyes on in years so that one might actually exit stage left.

Attachments

• D64683BC-F3DA-483A-B2DD-CC41F024F3D0.jpg
    D64683BC-F3DA-483A-B2DD-CC41F024F3D0.jpg
    265.3 KB · Views: 453
Thanks for the detailed reply to my detailed reply :wink1:

I actually have a few other things to mention in regards to your comment but right now I?m about to go sleep. I?ll edit this tomorrow, SS17!

Really quick though, I 100% agree that IW & CC bodies look better than all previous BUT, I?m sure you do know that, 1.) IW Cap and Concept Cap bodies are different (I?m not certain which is which but isn?t 1 of them a Supes?) and 2.) Under CC?s ? shoulder traps suit material? is just AIR, the shape on both sides between the neck and each rotator cuff that looks muscular and built is achieved (perhaps by accident or possibly by design) purely by the costume. This is especially true with the CC figure as I?ve pressed down on each section multiple times to feel nothing but air while thankfully the suit material pops right back up into shape.

Ok, that was much more than I was planning on typing as I?m going cross eyed like the DX09 barely managing to stay awake. I?ll update s?more soon but great discussion and I do understand and like your points about a ?good? SS Cap 2.0, seeing as you prefer the stealth to the STRIKE :lol and it does make a ton of sense as I did quite a few mods on mine years ago since the figure out of the box was basically a box with 4 limbs and a head, it was so undefined.

The IW and Concept Cap bodies are identical except that the Concept body has bigger shoulder ball joints. Neither one is the same as the Man of Steel/Superman body; they're actually much smaller in build in the torso. (fun fact- the Cap bodies actually share the same torso as Deadpool)

The older Cap bodies (Stealth through CW) are actually inherently bulkier (albeit shorter in the torso), but the tailoring on the IW/Concept Cap figures makes the physique look better. As you mentioned, Concept Cap has good-looking traps purely because of the tailoring. The older figures used padding to try to get a similar bulky look, but the shoulders tended to look flat as a result.

I've also spent way too much time researching Stealth Cap mods and know more about different body options than I would prefer. If I never have to mod another Cap figure, that'd be great... :lol

So it seems if you're someone who has been holding off on buying a Captain America mostly because of the boxy torso issue then you might aswell just buy whatever Cap you're currently tempted by because they aren't making the necessary adjustment to the body. And the fact that Concept Cap and Infinity War Cap seemed to be improved in this area was just a happy accident of the tailoring.

Last edited:
So it seems if you're someone who has been holding off on buying a Captain America mostly because of the boxy torso issue then you might aswell just buy whatever Cap you're currently tempted by because they aren't making the necessary adjustment to the body. And the fact that Concept Cap and Infinity War Cap seemed to be improved in this area was just a happy accident of the tailoring.

Pretty much... I still find it humorous that the two Cap figures that HT nailed the physique on are non-traditional suits, and one didn't even appear in a movie.

Back