1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Capt America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which one?

Still my favorite is the Concept Cap... but since it never appeared in a film it doesn't really work. Too bad, because it remains the BEST of the Caps.
My exact opinion, as well. 2012 was going to be my one and only Cap figure but in reading this thread and watching the better review videos, End Game Cap won me over. The fact that I got a fantastic deal on one definitely made the choice easier.

So I'm leaning towards the new 2012 Cap, which is a good choice, as it appears early in the film series and again at the end. Plus, the helmet-less head sculpt looks sharp on it, just like the pic that you posted.

I haven't yet warmed up to the Avengers 2012 uniform. This new one is much better than the old as far as 2012 goes though. I can see having 2012 and EG as the "beginning and end".

But yeah, I'm still inclined to get the EG Cap if I get any. Hoping for a 'fantastic deal' myself.

That all said, I'm spending much more money on 3rd party villains that no one cares about. :lol

Definitely 2012 version.

As for Endgame Cap, I've always noticed the pin-head and in watching a few YouTube video reviews, comparisons to previous helmeted noggins show that it is indeed smaller. I hope it isn't as noticeable in person.

(Goes to watch Khai's video...)

There are some great pictures from forum members here where the size of the Endgame helmeted head looks fine. I think at certain angles it does appear ok.
However, for me personally I have found the Endgame head to be undersized in hand and like Wor-Gar said I could not “unsee” that. That is why I replaced the head with a repainted Strike Suit head. I am happier with the overall proportions of the “new” head even though I think the likeness of the Endgame sculpt is stronger.

Here are a couple of pics. Sorry for the reposts but my Cap is in storage now …

Attachments

• 5A9B7EC9-4296-403A-87B7-6DE90B2E30F6.jpeg
    5A9B7EC9-4296-403A-87B7-6DE90B2E30F6.jpeg
    120 KB · Views: 131
  • 637EDBEA-E217-46B6-B0FC-E6682FA92097.jpeg
    637EDBEA-E217-46B6-B0FC-E6682FA92097.jpeg
    129.8 KB · Views: 122
By the way, while not my first Hot Toys figure, this will be my first Captain America figure. Should be shipping out soon.

Excellent! This is a great Cap figure and the consensus seems to be it's the best overall on-screen Cap. I personally have been impressed with some of the previous Caps.

[...]

Still my favorite is the Concept Cap... but since it never appeared in a film it doesn't really work. Too bad, because it remains the BEST of the Caps.

Yeah Concept Cap is too good.

There are some great pictures from forum members here where the size of the Endgame helmeted head looks fine. I think at certain angles it does appear ok.
However, for me personally I have found the Endgame head to be undersized in hand and like Wor-Gar said I could not “unsee” that. That is why I replaced the head with a repainted Strike Suit head. I am happier with the overall proportions of the “new” head even though I think the likeness of the Endgame sculpt is stronger.

Here are a couple of pics. Sorry for the reposts but my Cap is in storage now …

I hope the "pin-head" issue isn't something too distracting to me. Perhaps display him on a lower shelf so one is looking down at it? I'll just wait and see, once in hand. By the way, it should hopefully arrive tomorrow.

I hope the "pin-head" issue isn't something too distracting to me. Perhaps display him on a lower shelf so one is looking down at it? I'll just wait and see, once in hand. By the way, it should hopefully arrive tomorrow.
Looks good there, isolated I don't noticed the pinhead. It becomes more apparent when sizing various Caps.
I know the helmeted head is undersized and while I wish that were not the case, it has never bothered or jumped out at me in-hand.

D8A0ADFE-29D3-4F92-B97B-02376A91C957.jpeg
69DB18B2-6977-41FE-9EC4-8352AABAF641.jpeg

In-hand, the helmeted head doesn't bother me to be honest. Perspective and lighting in photos make it look way worser than it is.

Great shot of the trio! I cant wait to get my Fat Thor and IM Mk85BD to round out the Endgame trio. I'm still debating whether or not to use the unhelmeted head sculpt. The unhelmeted head sculpt just looks so good and heroic on display....

By the way, I think I asked previously, but have there been any reports of colour bleed from the collar directly onto the neck area? I've kept that damn plastic sleeve on for the time being, but really want to take it off. I wonder if there is colour bleed, would it show up on that plastic sleeve so I can check if it's even occurring?

By the way, I think I asked previously, but have there been any reports of colour bleed from the collar directly onto the neck area? I've kept that damn plastic sleeve on for the time being, but really want to take it off. I wonder if there is colour bleed, would it show up on that plastic sleeve so I can check if it's even occurring?

I have heard of some color bleed with this figure, but I have not experienced it with my figure.

I was ready to have this be my one-and-only Cap... until I saw this image and Khai's review...

what's with the pinhead?

Is it that bad in hand?

View attachment 543173
Is it possibly the extra height from the hair making the 202 head look smaller? Naturally in the helmet, his hair is pushed down. Of course the helmet isn’t skin tight. It still looks a little small, but the proportions look in line with the unhelmeted sculpt imo.

Back