1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Capt America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm late on this but I'm not as impressed with this as I thought I would be from the pictures. The head is too small. The unmasked head is too big. Shield is still cumbersome. Hands don't fit right. Body proportions are a little worse than IW. Articulation on the legs is really bad. I guess it's museum pose forever.

You gonna keep it?

I'm not sure. I'm in the process of moving to a different state so he's boxed up. I won't have a display for a while so I guess I will keep him. I wasn't able to display him properly to see how I feel about it.

Yeah I'm finding it to be distractingly small in pretty much every pic so far, and the likeness is seems a bit vague as well (especially compared to the Unreal Customs one). So I'll only be displaying mine with the unhelmeted sculpt.

Finally got mine from Timewalker yesterday, and it's a fantastic looking figure... at least with the unhelmeted sculpt. I'm still not feeling the helmeted one so probably won't display it as much.

View attachment 528809

View attachment 528810
Iron Koob for one. And Davejames remains iffy on the helmeted head.

I have one. While I haven't compared the head to others to see if it really is that small, the damn material used on the clothing really limits the movement. It's some sort of vinyl that's not really forgiving with movement. While I appreciate they improved the unhelmeted headsculpt and sort of fixed the chest piece, I do feel Hot Toys ended up phoning it in for these Endgame releases.

I have one. While I haven't compared the head to others to see if it really is that small, the damn material used on the clothing really limits the movement. It's some sort of vinyl that's not really forgiving with movement. While I appreciate they improved the unhelmeted headsculpt and sort of fixed the chest piece, I do feel Hot Toys ended up phoning it in for these Endgame releases.
Fact.

The EG Cap is nowhere as epic as it could have been. We all know HT is capable of knocking it out of the park if they truly wanted. This Cap, to me, is about as lazy as it gets. One of the easiest passes for me, which is fine I guess...money saved.

My only gripe about this figure is the collar. To me, the Captain America sculpt seems to sit a little too low on the peg and makes it as if he has no neck.

A quick fix is to let the neck rest on top of the peg and it looks so much better in my opinion, will full range of motion as well!

I miss when heads were a separate piece. I keep trying body swaps and the new one piece head and neck just look ridiculous. Hopefully I won't need to do any swapping with this Cap.

My only issue is the the lack of articulation in the hip area for more dramatic poses but i'm used to that with HT figures. I have no issues with the head size. Out of all my caps it is the best uniformed movie version. My favorite will always be the rescue version.

Quite a few complaints about this? Going to be a long stretch of delivery like Mando/Child... months and months.

If this is the new delivery structure for HT for popular figures -- small batches spread out over 6 months -- Q2 2022 is going to be a nightmare.

I agree the hips articulation is a bit lacking. And even with that said, it's not horrible. I can still get him is some good stances. And yes the traps are better in that concept Cap, but it's not bad on this either. Those are really my only complaints, which are very minor in my eyes. Otherwise it's a great looking figure and I'm very glad I have him to represent my modern Cap.

Still enjoying mine.

09.jpg

My only issue is the the lack of articulation in the hip area for more dramatic poses but i'm used to that with HT figures. I have no issues with the head size. Out of all my caps it is the best uniformed movie version. My favorite will always be the rescue version.

I actually think the head size is perfect and overall, this is my favorite version of the character.

Being nit-picky though, the neck collar needed to just be a hair shorter - it's supposed to go halfway up the neck as opposed to most of the pictures I've seen where it covers the entire neck

That doesn't really mean anything.
It doesn't mean a lot. But it at the least means you cannot definitively state that everyone who owns the figure loves it while everyone who criticizes it only does so because they don't have it.

Your pictures are great by the way, I don't intend my comments to detract in any way from those.

Back