1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Capt America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey guys,
i'm new here, but i've been reading this thread for a while
just want to let you know that Sideshow actually did ship out their first batch of Captain America to some lucky customers and i was one of them
i received mine on the 7th of April

It's a freaking joke that this hasn't shipped yet. I've had it on order for so long that I don't have to pay sales tax on it because the change had not been made. A female collector could literally have gotten pregnant, had the kid, gotten pregnant again, and had the second child and still be waiting for this.

It's a freaking joke that this hasn't shipped yet. I've had it on order for so long that I don't have to pay sales tax on it because the change had not been made. A female collector could literally have gotten pregnant, had the kid, gotten pregnant again, and had the second child and still be waiting for this.

That's Hot Toys lol. I remember when Homecoming spidey was released Jan 1st and the majority did not ship until June/July. That was with no pandemic or port mess.

Yeah the delays have really put me off doing any future pre-orders with Sideshow; when something's released I want the flexibility to be able to shop elsewhere without losing $30 because I don't want to wait six months longer.

Yeah the delays have really put me off doing any future pre-orders with Sideshow; when something's released I want the flexibility to be able to shop elsewhere without losing $30 because I don't want to wait six months longer.

This is exactly why i dont pre-order anymore and I used to for all my figures. The plus side is that most figs are delayed enough so that when you cancel a pre-order you won't lose the nrd(happened to me with the stealth suit spiderman deluxe when it released overseas for cheaper than sideshow). And I only use sideshow for iron man figures now, because I always seem to get ones that need part replacements and if its one area that sideshow has never let me down in is their customer service.

They should make a Stealth Suit 2.0 and Winter Solder 2.0 2-pack. Instant buy

I have a feeling that some "Best Of" Marvel figures will be rereleased. Hot Toys, Hasbro, toy manufacturers have always been about reusability. So many at so high of prices, just look at what they've done with DC recently.

I have a feeling that some "Best Of" Marvel figures will be rereleased. Hot Toys, Hasbro, toy manufacturers have always been about reusability. So many at so high of prices, just look at what they've done with DC recently.
I would be so happy if they redo AOU cap, stealth suit cap, WS golden age cap, cw cap and maybe FA cap also. That would be great to see them redo those outfits.

I would be so happy if they redo AOU cap, stealth suit cap, WS golden age cap, cw cap and maybe FA cap also. That would be great to see them redo those outfits.

I'm not sure they will have the time for all those (plus the dozens of other figures people want rereleased) as there is a ridiculous amount of delayed Marvel, Star Wars and DC movies and shows coming with more getting added all the time. If they are going to due more rereleases they should do it this year.

It has gotten so bad that BBTS actually beat Sideshow in getting the Spider-Man (Spider Armor MK IV) in-stock. :lol
I was shocked when I realized that yesterday. If the delays are getting to the point where BBTS and SS are trading blows on which store get stock in first, I might as well switch to BBTS to save a lot on shipping. Also, SS stinginess on the usage of points and coupons, as well as their terrible habit of selling used figures as new, only make the switch that much easier.

It has gotten so bad that BBTS actually beat Sideshow in getting the Spider-Man (Spider Armor MK IV) in-stock. :lol
I was shocked when I realized that yesterday. If the delays are getting to the point where BBTS and SS are trading blows on which store get stock in first, I might as well switch to BBTS to save a lot on shipping. Also, SS stinginess on the usage of points and coupons, as well as their terrible habit of selling used figures as new, only make the switch that much easier.

You do know BBTS gets there figures from Sideshow and most of the time Sideshow ships to BBTS last.

BBTS has been marking up new Hot Toys pre-orders by $15 to offset their “$4 flat-rate shipping” so you won’t really save money over sideshow anymore.

BBTS has been marking up new Hot Toys pre-orders by $15 to offset their “$4 flat-rate shipping” so you won’t really save money over sideshow anymore.

Is that a recent thing? Because I'm looking at prices from BBTS and SS right now and the differences--before any shipping or taxes--are next to nil from first glance. I see the Spider-Man (Spider Armor MK IV) mark-up on BBTS, though. Even with this mark-up, I'm paying ~$291 on BBTS and ~$295 on SS using the cheapest shipping option from both, so I'm still coming out $4 ahead going with BBTS.

subzro said:
You do know BBTS gets there figures from Sideshow and most of the time Sideshow ships to BBTS last.
I did not know that, which makes it weird how BBTS beat SS to the punch.

Is that a recent thing? Because I'm looking at prices from BBTS and SS right now and the differences--before any shipping or taxes--are next to nil from first glance. I see the Spider-Man (Spider Armor MK IV) mark-up on BBTS, though. Even with this mark-up, I'm paying ~$291 on BBTS and ~$295 on SS using the cheapest shipping option from both, so I'm still coming out $4 ahead going with BBTS.
I believe they have done it with every Hot Toys figure that has gone up for pre-order this year.

Yup. SideShow is the official North American distributor for Hot Toys, so that mean that every American retailer gets their stock from SS.

Also, to add no one forget, SS will undercut any retailer who buys from them who offers something more appealing. They will get their stock dead last for doing so. Alter Ego and BBTS offer very favorable reasons to choose either over SS, but you'll wait 2-3+ months at times, and you'll be limited in your pre-order spots, since SS caps how many figs they can sell. I genuinely wonder how long it'll be till Timewalker gets on the stepchild list.

It'd be interesting to do a track of which SS distributors get their HTs after SS and chart it over a few releases.

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only collector in this boat.

Pre ordered Endgame Cap on April 30th, 2019 and still no update or pending charges.

However, last week my FFH Spidey got charged and shipped and is arriving this week. That I ordered three months AFTER this figure....

Back