1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Capt America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hnnnnggghhhhh! Concept Cap's shape and proportions look vastly better :gah:

I think this picture has just put me off getting the Endgame figure.

Evans couldn't maintain his First Avengers physique. There's a noticeable difference between how he looks in the first avenger and the avengers. But RDJ isn't close to his height. Downey wears lifts, he's a midget :rotfl

Have we ever seen what Iron Man would look like if actually built to RDJ's proportions? I was looking at my Mark VII with the open face plate headsculpt on and, man, no way RDJ's legs and body are that long :lol

Last edited:
The loose fitting on the elbow joints forces you to use a bent arm pose because the arms straight down look ridiculous with that loose extra material

Yeah that is a bummer for sure. This new Cap would have looked so much better with different materiel or just a tighter fit on the arm. The Concept Art version the best silhouette and overall fit of all the versions of Cap so far without question (IMO). That said despite the baggy arms and a head that is a bit too small (I think) I am still looking forward to getting the Endgame Cap.

Concept Cap being all stealth black is just not Cap for me plain and simple hell might as well just give Black Panther Cap’s shield and call it a day

What I'm trying to say is that they should look at what they did with Concept Cap, and apply it to every Captain America figure they make from that point forward.

It's like when Hasbro puts out a perfect figure for some marginal character, but always makes mistakes on main characters to get people to buy the next version with incremental improvements.

Every Cap that came after Concept Cap should have had the correct physique, but they took a step back and made it only little better than the CW Cap. And on top of that they made the sleeves baggier. At least they got the head sculpts looking great on this one.

What I'm trying to say is that they should look at what they did with Concept Cap, and apply it to every Captain America figure they make from that point forward.

It's like when Hasbro puts out a perfect figure for some marginal character, but always makes mistakes on main characters to get people to buy the next version with incremental improvements.

Every Cap that came after Concept Cap should have had the correct physique, but they took a step back and made it only little better than the CW Cap. And on top of that they made the sleeves baggier. At least they got the head sculpts looking great on this one.

But even then, so what when he now looks like a pinhead. Arguably the smaller looking head cancels out whatever marginal improvement there is in the traps over the AOU & Civil War figures. My overall takeaway is one of disappointment I'm sorry to say. I think I'll skip this one and hope for the best with the 2012 2.0.

Last edited:
I think with posing the small head big chest proportions can be made to look normal

But I do see why that pic I posted makes the small head throw the proportions way out of whack

Hnnnnggghhhhh! Concept Cap's shape and proportions look vastly better :gah:

I think this picture has just put me off getting the Endgame figure.

Well, there's always the next Cap figure from the next movie...oh, wait...

Yep, sadly HT dropped the ball on Cap's final fig...you'd think they would have gone all out to make sure it was the best one yet. Guess they're saving that for the 2.0 version they release in 5 years... :lol

13F2BCBE-15C7-49A4-B19A-E3B9D6AD47FD.jpg
177EB499-BA4F-402C-A5BC-3DF4E4B15765.jpeg

More pics helping to save me money^

Well, there's always the next Cap figure from the next movie...oh, wait...

Yep, sadly HT dropped the ball on Cap's final fig...you'd think they would have gone all out to make sure it was the best one yet. Guess they're saving that for the 2.0 version they release in 5 years... :lol

Tiny head, little runt neck, mile wide shoulders, inaccuracies in the costume - the star, the shoulder pads and probably more, the limiting material used for the costume...yeah, too many fails with this one.

As it gets closer to release the main thing that still bugs me is that damn baggy elbow and inflated arms and the baggy pants above the tight sculpted boots

I can deal with everything else

Not that anyone asked but I would not count on a fully BD EG Cap. Even if it was decided there was a good market for a fully dirty, bloody Cap using straps of a half shield as a tourniquet, the way Disney has been acting lately (WB too), I doubt it would be approved.

Well we are getting a BD armored Thanos even though original armored Thanos already had some BD on him.

Another $450 all because of that stupid gauntlet lol

Just wanna ask again, just in case it works this time. Has anyone tried putting the Endgame helmeted head on the Civil War body? It would be really appreciated :pray:

Just wanna ask again, just in case it works this time. Has anyone tried putting the Endgame helmeted head on the Civil War body? It would be really appreciated :pray:

First thing I will try is swap both heads. BD CW helmet on EG and EG headsculpt on CW body.

Have we ever seen what Iron Man would look like if actually built to RDJ's proportions? I was looking at my Mark VII with the open face plate headsculpt on and, man, no way RDJ's legs and body are that long :lol

That would be the Mark 3.

RDJ wore a physical suit for some shots in the first Iron Man movie, which was fitted to his frame. I think that's the template HT used when they made the Mark 3 figures. When you compare the Mark3 and MKIV side by side, the biggest noticeable difference is the stubby thighs. Lengthen the thighs on the Mark 3 and it's pretty much in scale with the others.

That would be the Mark 3.

RDJ wore a physical suit for some shots in the first Iron Man movie, which was fitted to his frame. I think that's the template HT used when they made the Mark 3 figures. When you compare the Mark3 and MKIV side by side, the biggest noticeable difference is the stubby thighs. Lengthen the thighs on the Mark 3 and it's pretty much in scale with the others.

The Mark 3 was also CGI from the waist down if I recall correctly. They did have a practical suit, but it was just used as a basis for their final CGI model. So I don't think it would have been to RDJ's proportions.

The suits themselves evolved towards the more comic-book proportions to make it look more heroic.

The Mark 3 was also CGI from the waist down if I recall correctly. They did have a practical suit, but it was just used as a basis for their final CGI model. So I don't think it would have been to RDJ's proportions.

The suits themselves evolved towards the more comic-book proportions to make it look more heroic.

Yeah, RDJ is already wearing lifts to make him look taller (He's 5'9'), and as the movies have gone on, they have made his suit proportions more and more "comic-booky."

I would imagine a lot of it is to make the armor physically impressive and imposing, even when shown next to Evans (6') and Hemsworth (6'3").

Out of the suit, the movies typically portray Stark as being roughly eye level with Cap. Once you add on the extra physical height from the suit, they are making "Iron Man" almost a foot taller than RDJ's actual height. That does some weird things with the proportions.

All that extra height is being added to the legs.

Back