1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Capt America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My version ;)

Instagram : @Guillaume_customs

210223040217302181.jpg

210223040217720571.jpg

210223040218151082.jpg

210223040218591333.jpg

21022304021911924.jpg

210223040219421409.jpg

210223040219826337.jpg

210223040220314101.jpg

210223040220762783.jpg

210223040221185700.jpg

210223040221603936.jpg

210223040221988139.jpg

210223040222409658.jpg

210223040222833432.jpg

210223040223284812.jpg

210223040223702463.jpg

Have we ever seen what Iron Man would look like if actually built to RDJ's proportions? I was looking at my Mark VII with the open face plate headsculpt on and, man, no way RDJ's legs and body are that long :lol

There's a scene in IM3 when Maya Hansen has arrived at the house and he greets her in the MK42. When she comes in and he walks away from her, if you still frame it, the armour is at least eight inches taller than he is and, as it opens, he steps out. In the making of, on the Bluray, they have a long walkway for him to walk on(It's as thick as a railway sleeper), and he walks along that(Wearing tracking markers but no suit), then steps off the "sleeper". It must have been too jarring in the final edit for him to step down so far, so in the final scene, Pepper drops her bag down from upstairs, and it "conveniently" rests between the camera POV and Tony's feet. They use that to blur the line of him stepping out of the suit and he just steps "out", not "down" from the suit. It's a very subtle image.
The general visual is that in the suit, Tony has "9 heads proportions", and looks suitable heroic. It's the reason cosplayers always look bulky in IM suits(And their heads alway look too large in the helmet), regardless of how slender they are in real life.

who is this Guillaume_customs guy?
It?s me Guillaume_customs ;)

Really nice work Skyler!!!!!

Cap looked great!!!

Is the helmeted head also a totally custom job or did you modify the Civil War (or AOU) headsculpt?

Btw I love that you have Ant-man in the group shot like that, well done!!

It's my repainted Winter Soldier HS version ;)

There's a scene in IM3 when Maya Hansen has arrived at the house and he greets her in the MK42. When she comes in and he walks away from her, if you still frame it, the armour is at least eight inches taller than he is and, as it opens, he steps out. In the making of, on the Bluray, they have a long walkway for him to walk on(It's as thick as a railway sleeper), and he walks along that(Wearing tracking markers but no suit), then steps off the "sleeper". It must have been too jarring in the final edit for him to step down so far, so in the final scene, Pepper drops her bag down from upstairs, and it "conveniently" rests between the camera POV and Tony's feet. They use that to blur the line of him stepping out of the suit and he just steps "out", not "down" from the suit. It's a very subtle image.
The general visual is that in the suit, Tony has "9 heads proportions", and looks suitable heroic. It's the reason cosplayers always look bulky in IM suits(And their heads alway look too large in the helmet), regardless of how slender they are in real life.

That's what gets to me about the 'HT got the proportions wrong. RDJ would never fit in that, it doesn't look like a man in a suit, the head is too small, the legs are too long' complaints. :gah:

That's what gets to me about the 'HT got the proportions wrong. RDJ would never fit in that, it doesn't look like a man in a suit, the head is too small, the legs are too long' complaints. :gah:

Yeah. What could be going on(But isn’t), is that his feet are high up in the shin, pointing down, to give him more height. But when he steps out of armours, he’s shown to be the same height. And as has been observed by others, he’s not that tall.
I don’t mind. As long as the figure looks heroic I am cool that the real world height of the actor is not a prime concern, lol.

That Cap custom blows away the stock Hot Toys. Likeness on the unmasked head is iffy but at least it's all proportional and the general body shape is superior.

Yeah. What could be going on(But isn?t), is that his feet are high up in the shin, pointing down, to give him more height. But when he steps out of armours, he?s shown to be the same height. And as has been observed by others, he?s not that tall.
I don?t mind. As long as the figure looks heroic I am cool that the real world height of the actor is not a prime concern, lol.

I thought of that - I wondered is the height discrepancy such that his feet must be in the calves or something - but it can't be. When the Iron Man suits knees bend it'd break his legs :lol His joints necessarily have to line up with the Iron Man suits joints. So his feet have to be in the feet, his knees have to be where the suits knees are etc etc. When I look at my Mark VII with Stark's face exposed it's plain to see that his theoretical underlying human proportions are way off. There's nothing HT could do about that though.

It's movie magic, we just have to accept it - and I do. None of what I'm saying is a ''complaint''.

It's just something we have to let slide.

I thought of that - I wondered is the height discrepancy such that his feet must be in the calves or something - but it can't be. When the Iron Man suits knees bend it'd break his legs :lol His joints necessarily have to line up with the Iron Man suits joints. So his feet have to be in the feet, his knees have to be where the suits knees are etc etc. When I look at my Mark VII with Stark's face exposed it's plain to see that his theoretical underlying human proportions are way off. There's nothing HT could do about that though.

It's movie magic, we just have to accept it - and I do. None of what I'm saying is a ''complaint''.

It's just something we have to let slide.

Yeah. It’s kind of funny. But he’s a hero. And I am cool with totally ignoring the height discrepancy as the majority of the time you don’t ever have an “unsuited” Tony standing next to the armour.
The armour looks cool. That’s all that matters.

Yeah. It’s kind of funny. But he’s a hero. And I am cool with totally ignoring the height discrepancy as the majority of the time you don’t ever have an “unsuited” Tony standing next to the armour.
The armour looks cool. That’s all that matters.

Haha, this is very true. Height differential is far from the most glaring "separation from reality" moment in the MCU, but when I read a-dev's logic around the joints aligning, I did pause and think "dang, that height difference is crazy!". Then again, maybe Tony has his toes pointed in the suit like a ballerina??? Hmmm? :)

Screencap of Tony beside the armor in IM3 before the mansion attack. The suit looks at least 6" taller than him. Even with his man heels haha

20210223_152745.jpg

Back