1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Capt America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe, maybe not. That was over a month ago. I just like to think HT's knows they ****ed us on the 85 so they told themselves we better not screw up on this Cap release....again lol
I imagine if a figure makes an appearance in one of their "upcoming releases" promo images, we're looking at actual production units and packaging. Each of these figures probably takes months to produce in large quantities, so what we're seeing here with Endgame Cap has to be what they were always intending to sell us. Some figures just turn out better than others, that's all!

Civil War Cap is still a solid figure. The "battling version" was a ridiculous release though. Basically it was here's the same figure with a scratched shield and recycled brick stand now give us your money :slap

Maybe, maybe not. That was over a month ago. I just like to think HT's knows they ****ed us on the 85 so they told themselves we better not screw up on this Cap release....again lol

It's taking them 9 months just to make a replacement headsculpt for the 85. If they decided to change anything a month ago on this we would not be getting it until the fall at the earliest.

It's taking them 9 months just to make a replacement headsculpt for the 85. If they decided to change anything a month ago on this we would not be getting it until the fall at the earliest.

Well, like I said, maybe maybe not. Unless you work for HT gtfo. You and your butt buddy seem like your just on these forums to stomp out other people's ideas and make yourselves look like experts haha.

I don't know how one could not see the improvement here...

View attachment 505139

Agreed - the improvement here is definitely for the better. As an overall complete figure, for me this is the Cap to have. No other's are in the same league from what I'm seeing - and I'm so glad as this was the lynch pin to going through with the two Iron Men and Thor.

Another review is up. Just compare Some of the D23 reviews to this and this is an obvious upgrade from that. Also find it better to not have a diecast shield, I own both shield types and the plastic is the way to go with function, its not like it compromises the look. My only gripe is the fact they didn't include any electrical effects for Mjolnir. But even that isn't a big deal, just don't understand the criticism overall I guess.

Looks great. Could have been perfect though.

EGCap.jpg

I don't know how one could not see the improvement here...

View attachment 505139

I will admit the headsculpt does seem to be an improvement over the proto, but there's still something off about it. Regardless everything about the suit just doesn't sit right with me and, for me, that's a deal breaker. I really can't come around the whole cheap vinyl material HT seems adamant on using in lieu of fabric. Are they really saving THAT much more money to justify it. I watched the live unboxing and his leg articulation is absolute s***, due to the constriction and bunching up of that cheap vinyl material.

Sadly I am destined to own only one Cap figure in my entire collection...

At this stage I think a thumbs down from you is now the action figure equivalent of being "Certified Fresh" at Rotten Tomatoes. :rotfl

Oh boy, don't get me started on RT...soooo many bad films on there they give fresh ratings, it really upsets me. Critics are all paid hacks...but anyways back onto the main topic here...I was never sold on EG Cap from the protos so I'm not upset or angry. It more or less met my expectations, which were already low, so it is what it is.

The way I look at it, money saved! :yess:

The unmasked head has me wanting to buy this figure... but I think I'll hold out for a figure that gets the body right. 2012 Cap looks more accurate to me, plus it will likely reuse the same unmasked head.

Back