1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Capt America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I?m known to be about as picky as they come but I don?t get why this figure is being **** on so much it looks good to me far better than any of those IW amalgamations I?ve been seeing people do.

Still so so on the Steve head but there are better options out there to replace it with

The headsculpt looks pretty good In my opinion especially considering Steve is about 5 years older in EG vs IW. I am sure it will have its merits when you receive it in hand that you might be happy enough to use it. Of course you could order this from OSK as I am seeing quite a few people going for it for their EG Cap(s) but personally, I am going to stick with the HTs one for this figure and reassess whether to grab this one for A1/2012 Cap release so I do not have 2 twin Steves fighting each other without any clue which is time displaced. Here is the one people seem to be looking at diligently: 79FCC25F-42DA-453E-B8DF-6C42692E2503.jpeg

As far as the accuracy of this release, I am glad the Peggy Compass has been changed but it still is a bit small but nothing that needs to be replaced, and the star on the chest does seem enlarged but still a bit small (I was informed that a particular 3rd party might start working on slightly larger replacements. He is one of the few Cap figures showing traps, which are not that defined but thankfully not flat and square. The shoulder straps were changed back to the accurate ones like the CW version, also with the proper buckles along with the fixed collar. Plastic shield is still plastic but at least the straps are oriented correctly on the BD shield. The new 3rd mouth plate for the masked headsculpt looks very Chris Evans Cap and the helmet color looks like a close match to the chain mail armor color, the chain mail looks brighter, denser and better defined. Mj?lnir is not the light up version which I personally prefer but I have a couple of them spare.

All in all I think this might be on par or better than the CW Caps which puts it in the running as the best Cap HTs has ever made. I am hoping for a full BD version down the line but I am not holding my breath.

The neutral sculpt used on the helmeted head is new. Looks much better than old releases considering it hasnt been changed in several years.

I knew I was seeing something there! I'll most likely display him with the helmet since that's the more iconic look so this is a big improvement for me. Also, after taking a quick look at a few scenes, the star seems to be pretty much the right size as well. I'm good with the headsculpt too, definitely an improvement over the proto. The shield doesn't bother me. If anything, I'll just get one of those 3rd party diecast ones if I ever feel the need to have him 100% clean. I know we shouldn't have to spend extra for something that should've been already icluded but at least we have that option.

I've had such a hard time spotting what people's problems with this suit have been; I thought people wanted the star smaller, not bigger :lol

I agree this is easily their best Evans headsculpt so far, even if it's still not quite perfect.

I looked at the screen used costume and the star on the figure just needs to be a tinny smidge bigger to look more accurate. HT fixed a lot of things, including the BD shield, now is actually correct, the scaling looks much better, the compass also looks good, the correct size. I think this Cap has been the best release this year so far.. although we're still missing the rocks that was supposed to come with the BD shield parts?

I looked at the screen used costume and the star on the figure just needs to be a tinny smidge bigger to look more accurate. HT fixed a lot of things, including the BD shield, now is actually correct, the scaling looks much better, the compass also looks good, the correct size. I think this Cap has been the best release this year so far.. although we're still missing the rocks that was supposed to come with the BD shield parts?

I agree but it has only been 4 weeks lol

Definitely a huge improvement over the D23 version. Proportions are much better now and the sculpt blows away any of the third party attempts I've seen. It still looks like there should be a bit more of a contrast between the scales and the rest of the suit, but it's at least better than it was before.

I think this looks awesome, proportions look good, traps are fine. The star may be a tiny bit smaller than
the suit design, but looking at pictures it is not by much. Love the unmasked Steve portrait, to be honest
the prototype was a bit puffy in the overall face compared to what he looked like on screen.

They fixed every complaint from the D23 release, which to be fair was just a way to push out a promotional
product in an exclusive quantity for one event... when they clearly did not have enough time to fully
flesh out all the details and updates. The shoulder straps and buckles, the costume colors, chest plate,
strap positioning for the broken shield, it is all correct here.

I don't think a "Battle Damaged" version of Cap or Thor are a given... the Iron Man and Thanos were
basically to create the "Tony Snap" and after-effect of it. This and 2012 Avengers may be the last Caps for a while,
so I am honestly thrilled with the final product. Mine should be heading out FedEx from HK tonight!

^ Looks great there. Hoping someone offers some type of custom printed bigger chest star. The trap could be a bit better but it's not terrible. Still confuses me how they got it right on that one but didn't continue doing so for future Cap figures.

^ Looks great there. Hoping someone offers some type of custom printed bigger chest star. The trap could be a bit better but it's not terrible. Still confuses me how they got it right on that one but didn't continue doing so for future Cap figures.

I'm still trying to figure out this chest star thing.
Looking at actual photos, the lines all look pretty thick around the perimeter of the star.
I just don't see it being that off from the real costume... maybe 5% smaller?

Avengers-Endgame-Chris-Evans-Captain-America.jpg

cap-mjolnir-endgame.jpg

HT_Cap.jpg

attachment.jpg

This certainly looks like a good release. Maybe not a top 5 release, I will have to see in hand, but it fixed some of the things from prototype, and the headsculpt appears to be pretty solid.

I'm still trying to figure out this chest star thing.
Looking at actual photos, the lines all look pretty thick around the perimeter of the star.
I just don't see it being that off from the real costume... maybe 5% smaller?
The size difference is pretty noticeable imo. It needs to be like 2-3 times as big as it currently is.

The problem you also start to see is that they made the surrounding chain mail area too closed in to the center.

This also illustrates the trap problem even more but it's not too bad. I just really wish they would have fixed the star size issue. It looks like a small spec on his chest at the moment.

0yvhWTw.png

The size difference is pretty noticeable imo. It needs to be like 2-3 times as big as it currently is.

This also illustrates the trap problem even more but it's not too bad. I just really wish they would have fixed the star size issue. It looks like a small spec on his chest at the moment.

Comparing the star to the size of his head, I think saying it needs to be 2x bigger is way to big. But it def could have been a little bigger. I think just a 20% increase in size would have been pretty close to the movie. As it, the star is just small enough to make it noticeable.

Really, not a deal breaker for me. I am more happy they made the scale have a lighter metallic look to it, since that was more a concern for me.

Much better headsculpt.

Now I just need a half dozen more of the unmasked heads to go around on my other Caps...

;)

Back