Action Figure Hot Toys 1/4 scale Iron Man Mark 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any accuracy gripes with HT aside, the photo above highlights how good that original suit was. Tank meets hot rod. So good. Such a pity it was botched so very badly in sixth scale.
Thank you, and yeah absolutely, the bulkiness is captured perfectly in this figure, that real sort of "there's a guy inside this suit" as supposed to a real tight skin of metal, if that makes sense

Had this figure a little while and it's just gorgeous! So fun to photograph!View attachment 569328

Wow, tremendous picture! :clap Undoubtedly one of the best Mark III figures. I also really like how you photographed him outdoors in natural light. Man, these 1/4 figures can come across as comparable high-end statues.

really loving this photo. actually I like older iron man armor especially mark 3 compared to my mark 85
Thank you! And yes, I adore the early suits. Id love to see the Mark 6 in quarter scale
Wow, tremendous picture! :clap Undoubtedly one of the best Mark III figures. I also really like how you photographed him outdoors in natural light. Man, these 1/4 figures can come across as comparable high-end statues.
Thank you! I love outdoor photography, natural light gives such good results! I appreciate the kind words! The 1/4 iron man figures are truly something else!!

Curious how people feel about this a few years later? Trying to decide whether this or the Mark 6 is what I want for my 1/4 Iron Man.

The 1/4 Mark 3 is already fine proportionally. I don't really see what they can update but this is Hot Toys so who knows.

I highly doubt it though seeing as these QS figures are shelf warmers at best. I saw the Mark 3 sell for $300 a few times.

The 1/4 Mark 3 is already fine proportionally. I don't really see what they can update but this is Hot Toys so who knows.

I highly doubt it though seeing as these QS figures are shelf warmers at best. I saw the Mark 3 sell for $300 a few times.
Really? Where? I want one lol

Over on FB. I've seen like 3 of them sell for that price, same for the QS Mando figure. No one is buying these QS figures at their full $600+ price.
Hmm yea I understand to. They add nothing of value except bigger. I got the hot toys 1/4th joker. He is pretty cool just not perfect and not worth 600.

However! If we ever got Keaton Batman or Tobey Spider-Man in that scale I’d be very happy!

One of the downsides with this, and probably the others, but this is my only 1/4 scale so I can't comment on those, is that the paint looks like a scaled up version of a 1/6, solid paint colours with decal scuff marks. There are no extra details or subtleties that you could get from having more real estate. The mold itself is great, apart from a few inaccuracies, but the paint is the biggest let down. These things could really be amazing if they just went the extra mile and didn't treat the paint like it was a 1/6.

i really enjoy the 1/4 iron man its much easier to add battle damage & extra wiring too, plus the extra lights & pulldown thigh joints,choice of wrist missiles & on the mk3 the crazy wrist shield.

I put 1/4 MK 4 head on MK 3 body looks perfect match
20231203_122918.jpg
20231203_122941.jpg

Back