Hot Toys 1/4 Avengers Announcement!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bet it's dead. They have way too much on their hands with IM3, upcoming Thor, and other 1/6 announced releases. I think they're waiting to see how well received the 1/4 Batman is gonna be... then come at us with 1/4 Avengers or even Avengers 2 stuff later on.

Wish HT had honoured this before announcing every IM armour possible in sixth :( That said, patience is the game here. I passed on the Endo for being a bit spindly, but the waiting has paid off so far (EB B-D Arnie and HT DKR)

Fingers crossed we get Robocop from EB and another 1/4 offering before the years end.

I got the 1/4 endo and think it looks great, a bit pricey but amazing figure, always wanted some sort of large scale Endo and this is much cheaper than a nice 1/2 scale would be.

can't wait for batman, already have the 1/4 EB batman and Joker, will probably sell their batman when the HT one comes in (want to compare them first).

only Avenger I would buy in 1/4 scale is Ironman but I bet its $549 with no accessories, hopefully it at least has a head sculpt! real question is if they will make it die cast or not.

Or perhaps their other 1/4 figures aren't selling as well as they have hoped for? Hence, no further announcements? :dunno

Being that the 1/6 Iron Man Figs are increasing in price all the time and IM is always just a fraction more expensive than your average 1/6 hot toy, maybe it may not sell as well as they hope, what would the rrp be expected to be on a HT 1/4 Iron man? $600-700? If they cant sell IM no point doing the rest no? :dunno

Being that the 1/6 Iron Man Figs are increasing in price all the time and IM is always just a fraction more expensive than your average 1/6 hot toy, maybe it may not sell as well as they hope, what would the rrp be expected to be on a HT 1/4 Iron man? $600-700? If they cant sell IM no point doing the rest no? :dunno

So true. I can't imagine the price tag on a 1/4 Iron Man figure, but they won't be cheap that's for sure & may even price a lot of us 1/6 collectors right out from the get go. 1/4 scale also eats up a ton of space.

Howard has said that the 1/4 Predators would have to wait until 2014. No doubt, the same applies to the Avengers (or Avengers 2 by then perhaps)

1/4 has a lot in it's favour, so I'd be hesitant to say the scale is dead. It's just begun. HT will not let EB have their way with all of those juicy licenses. NECA's 1/4 range has been pretty popular too, so I think it's a question of time...I hope :/

According to Howard in that recent interview by HKFC,Howard stated that their main focus will be at the 1/6 scale.This market is where they dominate so that's where they'll be focusing their R&D in.Personally,it's a shame cause i really would've liked to see the Avengers line at 1/4 scale!^_^

I also got the impression from that interview that their renewed focus was 1:6, so it wouldn't surprise me if they abandoned 1:4, for the most part. Can't see it being as profitable for them as 1:6, really. Space, price and QC issues seem to dog a lot of 1:4 stuff.

I think they just acquired the 1/4th scale license so that no one else would and take away sales from them. I doubt they had plans to bring out all the Avengers in 1/4th scale.

i thought introducing a new scale may fail. if they started from the beginning with both 1/6 and 1/4, the line may have survived. i think it's too late in the game to expect loyal 1/6 collectors to start another completely different scale. i ordered the batman 1/4 and even though it has everything you would want in a batman figure, i canceled because it doesn't match the other figures i have and the price is the cost of two 1/6 scale figures. now maybe if they did iron man....:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

HT secured the rights to 1/4 Avengers so EB or any other company would not. I doubt they will actually produce any beyond an IM ....

Back