Hot Toys 1/4 Avengers Announcement!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HT secured the rights to 1/4 Avengers so EB or any other company would not. I doubt they will actually produce any beyond an IM ....

neca 1/4 scale MVII avengers. they also have made cap in 1/4 scale.

NEC12125.jpg
NEC12020.jpg

The license rights are different in the US than say China Darkmatter.^_^The problem is that HT has an exclusivity on the 1/6 & 1/4 scale line of the Avengers.I think Ht made a mad dash to grab up every upcoming license just to cut throat the competition.That would be GREAT if they had the intention to make figures from these licenses in 1/4 scale too but that's not the case anytime soon!^_^

The license rights are different in the US than say China Darkmatter.^_^The problem is that HT has an exclusivity on the 1/6 & 1/4 scale line of the Avengers.I think Ht made a mad dash to grab up every upcoming license just to cut throat the competition.That would be GREAT if they had the intention to make figures from these licenses in 1/4 scale too but that's not the case anytime soon!^_^

he said they secured the rights so no other company can make 1/4 scale avengers. those are 1/4 scale avengers. no mention was of licensing for different countries. but none of us really know exactly what the terms of the licensing is except maybe what we've heard from someone else. it's speculation and hearsay, none of which could be used in a court of law. :lol

I think they just acquired the 1/4th scale license so that no one else would and take away sales from them. I doubt they had plans to bring out all the Avengers in 1/4th scale.

unfortunately i also do believe this may be the case. very sad if it turns out to be true. especially for me, since i've not gotten any of the 1/6 scale avengers due to waiting for the 1/4 scale ones (my preferred scale). if this ends up not seeing the light of day, i would be screwed royally. the same applies to the predators, haven't gotten any to this point cause i'm waiting for the 1/4 line, but in that case it seems like the 1/4 predator line seems more likely to occur.

he said they secured the rights so no other company can make 1/4 scale avengers. those are 1/4 scale avengers. no mention was of licensing for different countries. but none of us really know exactly what the terms of the licensing is except maybe what we've heard from someone else. it's speculation and hearsay, none of which could be used in a court of law. :lol
:exactly:You're right about that!Too bad we don't have a US version of Hot Toys or Enterbay (Sideshow doesn't count), then we would be blessed with 1/4 scale high end figures from every license that HT hordes!I think so anyway!:wink1:

unfortunately i also do believe this may be the case. very sad if it turns out to be true. especially for me, since i've not gotten any of the 1/6 scale avengers due to waiting for the 1/4 scale ones (my preferred scale). if this ends up not seeing the light of day, i would be screwed royally. the same applies to the predators, haven't gotten any to this point cause i'm waiting for the 1/4 line, but in that case it seems like the 1/4 predator line seems more likely to occur.

I had the same thinking once but abandoned the quarter scale ship. I just don't have the patience to wait. 1/6 brings alot more variety and the likenesses are getting better with each release. I don't think Hot Toys heart is in 1/4 either. Those predators were announced a long time ago now. As much as i'd love a quarter scale Berserker and Wolf, I just don't see them happening.

Still, there'll be Enterbay releases to look forward to. My plan is to have a 1/4 scale shelf at the bottom of my cabinet with the majority in 1/6. I missed out on the Avengers too because of that damn announcement. May as well wait for Avengers 2 figures now! If the rumors of the sequels following the Planet Hulk storyline are true, then I think the definitive Avengers hulk is yet to come!!!

I had the same thinking once but abandoned the quarter scale ship. I just don't have the patience to wait. 1/6 brings alot more variety and the likenesses are getting better with each release. I don't think Hot Toys heart is in 1/4 either. Those predators were announced a long time ago now. As much as i'd love a quarter scale Berserker and Wolf, I just don't see them happening.

Still, there'll be Enterbay releases to look forward to. My plan is to have a 1/4 scale shelf at the bottom of my cabinet with the majority in 1/6. I missed out on the Avengers too because of that damn announcement. May as well wait for Avengers 2 figures now! If the rumors of the sequels following the Planet Hulk storyline are true, then I think the definitive Avengers hulk is yet to come!!!

I sure hope so. But I have a hunch that is only a rumor and nothing more. :pray:

Sounds a lot like Electronic Arts and Apple

I'd love to see a tease right now of where Neca are at with Hulk. Even just drawing board stage or unprinted proto. Something to stoke the fires and hype me up :)

Back