Hot Toys –MMS120 - Iron Man 2: War Machine full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got one finally and I have to say I'm a bit disappointed. It was definitely oversold here and other places but once I got it, it feels way more fragile and plasticiky than the others, feels more hollow. I felt like I was going to break it just getting the guns attached and the stand doesn't exactly fit, it doesn't hold the figure like the other Iron Man figures because of the "wider" bottom. I'm considering swapping out for an older C-Stand since my figures are high up when on display.

I like it but the way people were going on around here I expected to literally fall out of my seat once it was displayed.

Dont know what to say Mike. I was more than impressed with mine. He was a little pain to put on the stand but otherwise this figure was pretty kickass.

Weight comparison... to +-5g margin of error armoured figures/standard config.
Mk. 2/3 = 345g
BD Mk. 3 = 350g
MK. 4 = 340g
WarMachine = 470g

but BD Mk3 and Mk.4 comes with much more extra stuff that makes up for the lack in weight..

a mostly PVC+combo plastics/rubber figure like Berserker is 720g

Last edited:
Yeah actually, I haven't moved mine too much for the same fear. It does have a fair bit of play forwards and backwards and plenty of play rotating. It seems like the bottom two abdominal plates should move over each other as well but I haven't been able to get that to happen.

Dont know what to say Mike. I was more than impressed with mine. He was a little pain to put on the stand but otherwise this figure was pretty kickass.

I like this WM much more than the BD MkIII and vanilla Mk III. I think it is one of the best HT IM releases yet. I'm sure the Mk I is better, but I don't have that one to compare with.

My figures just stay in a Detolf, so heft doesn't really matter too much.

Yeah, I've twisted the torso and I've moved it back and forth while centered. I have not tried to lean the torso from one side or the other :lol

DO NOT TILT IT SIDE TO SIDE.

it wasn't built that way. if you want to give him any dynamic posing, you have to bend his torso forward or back, and then twist.

Just ordered the last one on alter egos:yess:, man I can't wait for this guy to arrive. Funny thing is that this will be my first figure from the iron man movies but not for long , I have the mark IV on PO. Can't wait

:lol The conversations I begin.

You guys have to understand, I don't give a ____ about actual weight. I don't give a ____ about durabilities of plastic. I still can't get him to go on the stand correctly and it feels really fragile to me. That's the ticket, to me. It is cool to look at and I like it don't get me wrong I'm just underwhelmed.

Don't feel the need for a second or the decals even. Looking forward to the rest of the releases though especially Mk V.

Well sometimes, if someone is worried about something some additional information will help abate that worry.

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/tK80U-qxQEE?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/tK80U-qxQEE?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

just messing with movie maker, really wish i had affter effects or final cut pro. then i would have better videos

DO NOT TILT IT SIDE TO SIDE.

it wasn't built that way. if you want to give him any dynamic posing, you have to bend his torso forward or back, and then twist.

Oh don't worry I won't be. I remember reading that, so I haven't even tried. Really I haven't had that need for that particular bit of articulation anyway.

I like this WM much more than the BD MkIII and vanilla Mk III. I think it is one of the best HT IM releases yet. I'm sure the Mk I is better, but I don't have that one to compare with.

My figures just stay in a Detolf, so heft doesn't really matter too much.

I actually like the Mark III over the BD version but the Mark I is pretty hard to top just because of how cool it is. War Machine though I agree is right there.

:lol The conversations I begin.

You guys have to understand, I don't give a ____ about actual weight. I don't give a ____ about durabilities of plastic. I still can't get him to go on the stand correctly and it feels really fragile to me. That's the ticket, to me. It is cool to look at and I like it don't get me wrong I'm just underwhelmed.

Don't feel the need for a second or the decals even. Looking forward to the rest of the releases though especially Mk V.

I had to mess with the stand a bit but he stands just fine now. I made sure to pinch the U clamp together as I put the figure on and that helped as I adjusted it. he felt a bit fragile but they all did a bit to me.

Love this figure! Made a quick custom stand for him and the Mark4:

IMG_2478.jpg

IMG_2244.jpg

IMG_2314.jpg

IMG_2360.jpg

Back