Hot Toys –MMS120 - Iron Man 2: War Machine full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I seem to remember a picture of the box this line will be shipped in and it did have a picture of ironman, war machine, black widow and whiplash. I think it was in the ironman 2 movie thread but not 100% on that.

It was a teaser packed with the Battle Damaged Iron Man Mark III.

Posted this on OSW but posting here as well as that place makes mollassas look speedy.

I like how the more I look at the War Machine design it's so obviously crude. Just the mkII armor with a bunch of armor and guns strapped to it. Like if you look at the guns on the arms they're just held on by simple hasps. Really cool. You can also see bits of the mkII poking through like on the elbows, knees, and feet.

You can see the simple hinges on the hasps here

Really cool conceptual design stuff. Shows a great contrast as a utilitarian design vs Stark's armor which is clearly designed not just for utility but as an extension of his aesthetic tastes which where shown to be quiet specific and well defined in the first film. Another crudity is that the War Machine still has the pretty open armpits of the II/III design while if you look at the IV/VI that has been significantly improved to offer better protection.

20100318_04b2f0fa742d3a0e7c37kqicmemcP8nI.jpg

OK, could that be the "Rhodey" sculpt HT is talking about? Cheadle w/ glasses? :confused:

No, I think it's the same head just with glasses stuck on it.

20100318_667b10f2cc6b89b41ce3ACEozaJV7ugv.jpg

Not sure what the deal is with that.

Is this what you where thinking of? It seems to indicate that there will be a Whiplash.

20100318_04b2f0fa742d3a0e7c37kqicmemcP8nI.jpg

I'm torn on hoping for a mkIV. I don't need to be spending more money and it's basically like a not as cool mkVI but it will kill me not to have mkI-III and then V and VI on my self and not IV.

that looks amazing!
I cant wait to own him.

Someday... someday I will figure out how to wire every single ligt up feature on all my HTs and remotely turn them on seperately from lighting

No, I think it's the same head just with glasses stuck on it.

20100318_667b10f2cc6b89b41ce3ACEozaJV7ugv.jpg

Not sure what the deal is with that.

it says in the article that the don cheadle (war machine) sculpt is quite similar in likeness to a hong kong public figure (see the other guy wearing the same frames).

and that if we dont complain, HT might not tweak the sculpt and that we might get that sculpt as a final production piece.

My chinese is only so-so, thats what I'm getting from reading that article.

i hope there is a clever way to turn on the led lights like the way the MKI was and not like the MKII and MKIII

Exclusive or not I dont care. Still looks god damn awesome. I'm not sure what sort of exclusive they could give that would be vital

Exclusive or not I dont care. Still looks god damn awesome. I'm not sure what sort of exclusive they could give that would be vital

Well I'm getting mine from OSB so I would have missed out on an exclusive, but I did state earlier that I doubted Sideshow would have an exclusive with this figure.

Someday... someday I will figure out how to wire every single ligt up feature on all my HTs and remotely turn them on seperately from lighting

Surely this is doable. I've been thinking into that myself for quite some time now. It would be great to be able to open the lights of our display rooms and have the figs light up as well. That way, they wouldn't stay permanently lit but would be easy to showcase whenever the need arised (or is it arose?).

As for the likeness (above pics), HT is on the right track. It needs tweaking, but if they keep at it it will look like Cheadle in the end.

Back