1/6 Hot Toys – MMS355 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

Yeah, that would work lol

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

lol at this rate this guy is going to be the 3rd GOTG Vol. 2 Pre-order...

I wouldn't be surprised if he shows up as a fair exclusive or something this year. I am surprised by the change to the red pants, but whatever I guess. I just really hope this happens at some point.

I doubt it will be a market/con exclusive, none of the rest of the team was. The only reason I could see this being an exclusive, is if they can't/don't produce that many.

Last edited:

I doubt it will be a market/con exclusive, none of the rest of the team was. The only reason I could see this being an exclusive, is if they can't/don't produce that many.

That is actually my main guess as to why it would be. This long after release, they probably think he won't do well enough to try a full run. Either way it doesn't matter as long as we get him.

What is the point of dubbing it a con exclusive? There's nothing that says they have to produce as many Drax figures as Batman figures to release it. It doesn't change anything. They can put whatever price on it they want to cover costs regardless of run size, so what would be the logic in holding it for a con exclusive? Con exclusives don't mean what they meant before anyway. I haven't been to any cons and I have all the con exclusives I want.

Yeah, I have all the con exclusives I want too, because sideshow sells them... What's the point of having any figures being exclusives? Sure production numbers don't necessarily mean it will be an exclusive, but it doesn't exclude it from the possibility either. Unless you happen know specifically why HT chooses specific figures for exclusives, your points are just opinions.

I was just guessing. I personally have no idea why HT would or wouldn't choose Drax to be an exclusive. BUT some con exclusives sell out pretty fast because they didn't make as many as non-exclusives... I also know there are exclusives that don't sell out for a long time. I haven't seen any non-exclusives sell out super fast lately, but some con exclusives go fast. Which is why I said that them not making many might warrant it being an exclusive. Though I still doubt that will be the case. Hell at this point i'm fine with waiting for GOTG 2 Drax.

Last edited:

The point of their exclusives is to give fans at the shows an incentive to go. They get them weeks or months before they are released by secret base or sideshow. Hill was sold at shows 6 months before she shipped from sideshow.

It gives them an added sales outlet for figures they are not as confident in, or ones they don't want to spend much resources on. This isn't like the American companies that have specific SDCC versions or toyfair versions. These are generic for every show, not one specific. When they do a figure like that you can't get it from sideshow...like the chocolate version of mk7 that had unique packaging or the storm trooper that they only did 300 of. Those where done for specific events. The toy fair Luke of Hill or red snapper where just done as a universal (they are often called in USA traveling exclusives) where they are sold at shows to promote them, pay for the booth and increase sales on a figure that might not otherwise do well.

I can't take the wait anymore, sorry Hot Toys. I just cancelled Thanos and I'll be selling my other Guardians. Without the full team I feel like my display is incomplete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, based on your description, there is no way Drax will be a true exclusive then. If it is a traveling exclusive, it ends up being no different than a regular release. Regardless, if this ever goes up for pre-order, it's not like everybody who wants one won't be able to get one.

Well, based on your description, there is no way Drax will be a true exclusive then. If it is a traveling exclusive, it ends up being no different than a regular release. Regardless, if this ever goes up for pre-order, it's not like everybody who wants one won't be able to get one.

Yep. Pretty much.

every time I come here

captain-america-crying.jpg

Hopefully this thread can be kept clean with no inappropriate stuff.

I can't take the wait anymore, sorry Hot Toys. I just cancelled Thanos and I'll be selling my other Guardians. Without the full team I feel like my display is incomplete.

Same here so for now this how I display my GoTG Team:lol
IMG_9992.jpg

I can't believe Drax still hasnt been put up for pre-order. Imo it's been so long that it has to be down to a licensing issue and that Drax isn't coming anymore. Lets hope whatever likeness contract conflict Dave Bautista has expires before GOTG2 or Infinity War so we can at least get a Drax at somepoint.

It isn't a likeness thing because if it was JC wouldn't be allowed to show that updated sculpt.

It's probably due to licensing and maybe Marvel wasn't happy with the prototype

I can't believe Drax still hasnt been put up for pre-order. Imo it's been so long that it has to be down to a licensing issue and that Drax isn't coming anymore. Lets hope whatever likeness contract conflict Dave Bautista has expires before GOTG2 or Infinity War so we can at least get a Drax at somepoint.

If it was an actor likeness issue there would be zero product. Like Jennifer Lawrence mystique. But there are multiple drax figures. So, not the problem.

Like this one from iron studios. Or the marvel legends. There's others as well.

image.jpeg

Same here so for now this how I display my GoTG Team:lol
View attachment 237016

Mine are about to be put up for sale but I've been too busy with work to price them out.

Maybe it's the same delay hot toys ran into with Drax?

Back