1/6 Hot Toys – MMS355 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

Obviously HT doesn't owe anybody a full team, but wouldn't it be in good business interest to try to accommodate your consumers. Like wouldn't it be weak if they made an avengers line without the Hulk. It may or may not be HT fault but what I think is trying to be voiced over and over and over in this thread is that there are a lot of collectors that would want Drax and would be disappointed not to get one. Just my 2 cents....
And if it's not hot toys fault? A company working on licensed products does not have full autonomy. Marvel had the final say on what products release and when. Not hot toys. On top of that, they don't owe anyone a full team. when it's your tens(or hundreds or millions) of thousands of dollars paying to develop and produce the figures..

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

Didn't somebody say that WWF would not release the image of Bautista and as a result, HT cannot get an approval from Marvel?

I don't even think Batista is under contract anymore. Not even a legends deal. So, not WWE. Even then, he has had Hasbro merchandise released.

Having finally completed the team, hopefully Drax is not to far off.

Obviously HT doesn't owe anybody a full team, but wouldn't it be in good business interest to try to accommodate your consumers. Like wouldn't it be weak if they made an avengers line without the Hulk. It may or may not be HT fault but what I think is trying to be voiced over and over and over in this thread is that there are a lot of collectors that would want Drax and would be disappointed not to get one. Just my 2 cents....

This. Well said.

its clearly a license issue. its not HTs fault.

1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible ...

When people say that they want, and state their reasons to why they think it's a good idea to release something, or a bad idea not to release something, they aren't assigning blame.

Not being hot toys fault doesn't change the fact that a lot of people want the figure.

It seems to be a figure that would be a good sell. I don't believe anyone thinks that Hot Toys is not releasing this figure to be mean. There must be a reason (be it poor judgment in believing it will not sell, good judgment in believing it will not sell (and we are delusional thinking it will), some problem with the prototype, with the license, with the approval, etc...).

I for instance, try to not be certain of thing I have no real knowledge, so, I apologize in advance if you guys do, but I see no clarity in the issue, unless it is stated by hot toys itself (sorry for not taking others certainty as a sure thing).

And, in the end, for several valid reasons (be it not having an actual answer or not wanting to hurt their partners), it is quite possible that we will never have a definitive answer.

So, you might be right, Faora, I do believe there is a strong possibility that it is a license problem (based on my own instincts and some logical thinking), but it might be something else. And I do agree that it probably isn't their fault (not that it matter, IMO).

Last edited:

Isn't all of this just scuttlebutt, innuendo and opinion? No one from Hot Toys has released a definitive statement one way or another. It could simply be manufacturing issues...or contract issues...or any host of other reasons.

Doesn't do anyone any good to argue about if it is or isn't coming out when the reality is we all just have to wait and see.

It seemed fairly certain at one time that Whiplash II would not make it to market but it did...eventually.

I don't even think Batista is under contract anymore. Not even a legends deal. So, not WWE. Even then, he has had Hasbro merchandise released.

Having finally completed the team, hopefully Drax is not to far off.

It wasn't a WWE issue. Marvel wouldn't have signed him if they couldn't market him. When an actor signs on to a film (except with Fox up till recently with the marvel based films becuase fox didn't think it was worth paying up front compensation for likeness deals to actors for several reasons) with marvel they have to sign likeness deals. If he didn't have his own rights then he wouldn't have been cast.

Further evidence that the whole wwe issues is a fan made rumor is that there are dozens of other drax based products on the market. From iron studios to marvel legends and lots more.

The issue with this figure has been that the scarification when done on a mass produced level, did not look good enough on the first prototype (after paint) and it didn't hold up well enough (paint scraps and rub) and becuase it wasn't thick enough it required way to much hand painting and time. So they redesigned his upper body and limbs with another prototype. Which was shown summer this year. But they did not have the time to run a full test cycle and get it painted and approved from in house QC and accounting...the man hours to paint have to be figured on average over a large enough sample size so they know it falls under a certain amount to keep the cost at the level they need. If they had made the first proto into a production figure the cost would have been 450ish with no accesory becuase of the time to paint and seal and the higher then normal replacement rate and then to get marvels approval after. Which is required before they can even talk about the figure. Marvel has to clear every statement(every official and print statement) as does hot toys in house legal.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible ...

When people say that they want, and state their reasons to why they think it's a good idea to release something, or a bad idea not to release something, they aren't assigning blame.

Not being hot toys fault doesn't change the fact that a lot of people want the figure.

It seems to be a figure that would be a good sell. I don't believe anyone thinks that Hot Toys is not releasing this figure to be mean. There must be a reason (be it poor judgment in believing it will not sell, good judgment in believing it will not sell (and we are delusional thinking it will), some problem with the prototype, with the license, with the approval, etc...).

I for instance, try to not be certain of thing I have no real knowledge, so, I apologize in advance if you guys do, but I see no clarity in the issue, unless it is stated by hot toys itself (sorry for not taking others certainty as a sure thing).

And, in the end, for several valid reasons (be it not having an actual answer or not wanting to hurt their partners), it is quite possible that we will never have a definitive answer.

So, you might be right, Faora, I do believe there is a strong possibility that it is a license problem (based on my own instincts and some logical thinking), but it might be something else. And I do agree that it probably isn't their fault (not that it matter, IMO).

Addressing the bold section-

That's true. But that's not what was said that I posted a response to. The words used where "crappy move by hot toys"....which unless things have changed, appears to assign blame pretty clearly. That is what I was addressing.

1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible ...

Addressing the bold section-

That's true. But that's not what was said that I posted a response to. The words used where "crappy move by hot toys"....which unless things have changed, appears to assign blame pretty clearly. That is what I was addressing.

Yeah. I know. My post was not a response to yours. I see now that reading the closest posts it might seem so. I completely agree with you.

I also have a personal way of seeing things in which I usually avoid certainties unless I have real information about something, so I was trying to be generic in my post (that's why I didn't quote anyone), but I was reading the last few pages of the topic and my comment wasn't a response to any specific post. I saw a lot of people with certainty explanations and also assigning blame / excuses.

I don't believe in blame regarding companies, they don't do something that is not good for their business just cause they want to mess with people (IMO). And also, hot toys seems to be a big business, with enough success in the market to make stupid mistakes.

Also, I've seen in some posts in several topics that you seem to have some contact with hot toys people, that, in my point of view, makes your explanation more "educated" than most (added to the fact that it makes a lot more sense then any other I've read).

Cheers.

Isn't all of this just scuttlebutt, innuendo and opinion? No one from Hot Toys has released a definitive statement one way or another. It could simply be manufacturing issues...or contract issues...or any host of other reasons.

Doesn't do anyone any good to argue about if it is or isn't coming out when the reality is we all just have to wait and see.

It seemed fairly certain at one time that Whiplash II would not make it to market but it did...eventually.
The only thing I want is for HT's to say something on the issue. Every time this thread is bumped up I get excited for an update.

I also want the complete team but have come to to terms with the current state of the figure. I just wish I would know if they are still working on it or if it's off the table.

I've been collecting for 3-4 years now and I don't think in all that time they have ever communicated figure status to customers.

The only thing I want is for HT's to say something on the issue. Every time this thread is bumped up I get excited for an update.

I also want the complete team but have come to to terms with the current state of the figure. I just wish I would know if they are still working on it or if it's off the table.

I've been collecting for 3-4 years now and I don't think in all that time they have ever communicated figure status to customers.

I've been collecting since the 1/6th Hot Toys kit figure days and I don't think I ever remember them being too forthcoming with their production plans or figure runs. At one time they would help with replacement parts before SSCs became the official distributor in North America but that's all over now. They are a manufacturer, not a retailer and therefore have very little to no direct contact with customers outside of their local market. But there is historical evidence that if something is cancelled, they will make an announcement eventually.

I too want to finish the team...would love a short jacket for Starlord, Ronin and Yondu too!

I just look at it as no news is good news and until they say it ain't happening, it's still happening.

They've got too much going on, gotta squeeze this into the production schedule at some stage, but who knows what's happening.

Oh well, got plenty of other figures coming out that I'm interested in.

3e332696a29769881195a1ad23f98a03.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here we go again!

groundhog-day-driving.jpg

Seriously? Can't we just get this thread locked and be done with it.
Open it back up when GOTG Vol.2 hits theaters.

Rich might have a stroke, though...

I agree. Keep expecting some news and always ends up being the same pictures or speculations.

I agree. Keep expecting some news and always ends up being the same pictures or speculations.

Same here. If that is possible, could this thread be closed until we have some real news ?

Back