1/6 Hot Toys – MMS355 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

Another "to many words" dig. How originally. I know, words and reading is hard....ill try more photos in the future.

This is sorta the reason I don't come on here much anymore... Way too many pointless affirmation posts, emoticons and gifs. It's fun sometimes, but it's getting out of hand now.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

Another "to many words" dig. How originally. I know, words and reading is hard....ill try more photos in the future.

As for making sense of what I said...I know it's complicated. Common sense is hard for some folks.

I imagine you and Brainiac working together to learn the gif process :yess:

tony-stark-bruce-banner-bromance-avengers.jpg

giphy.gif

:lol Just kidding :hi5:

It's really not personnel. If you want to gif, feel free. But I just don't need to. Not my thing. I have no problem with those that do, on principle. But it's those that use gifs and act like it somehow doesn't count as what you are saying. A funny picture calling me dumb is not different then typing it. In my eyes. And my posts take up no more space then two gifs or memes. And are much easier to skip then a pic if you don't care to read it.

But the whole argument that it's to long or to many words is pretty lame. It's at best, at best, a page. If you can't read a page of content get off the internet and go back to middle school. It's the weakest argument. "You used to many words"... That's what they are saying. In a discusion or argument they are saying I wrote to much. That's like saying you won a fist fight because the other guy hit you to many times. Or won a race becuase he went to fast. It's completly asine.

I really don't mind the gifs and memes that much. It's more about the argument.

I don't know if this'll get made or not but it will be a shame if it's not.

Groot, Gamora and Starlord are outstanding and it'd be nice to have the whole gang.

Ditto

Lighten up, people. This thread is depressing enough without people fighting. Group hug.

Hopefully something at sdcc

When does ssc start the reveals? July 1st?

Hopefully something at sdcc

When does ssc start the reveals? July 1st?

Not sure, probably around then, I doubt we'll see a reveal of Drax, he'll probably just be thrown in their GOTG display if they do one this year, and I'm hoping its an updated prototype

Drax needs to be made... I know you guys need him to complete the team. If Hot Toys can do the Avengers than they can finish this team off.

Drax needs to be made... I know you guys need him to complete the team. If Hot Toys can do the Avengers than they can finish this team off.

I think people confuse how this works. Just becuase they are both marvel properties does not mean the licenses are the same. Each film is handled individually. As each film has its own set of investors and tradesmen and directors and actors that are involved and some of those have merch rights. And for taxes and legalities each film is considered separate. And at marvel each property has its own "chain of command". Unique brand and merchandise departments and approvals. Just becuase something happened fast(or slow) with one property is not an indication of how it will be with another, even under the same umbrella corp.

And with most of the Avengers team (actors, brand managers, reps, agents) there is an established muliple year history. The GotG stuff is first time.

And we already know they planned to make the figure. We have seen the prototype (it gets reposted 50 times a day). So the delay has nothing to do with want to or anything like that. It's a logistical issue. An approval issue. From the time they start a new proto (we last saw the old one about 6 months ago) it takes 6-8 months to construct and get initial approval to display. If they rush. With the intricate amount of little hand sculpted detail on Drax they would really need to commit time and money to have it out in under 6 months. So all this complaining and begging is pointless and unnecessary. They have barley had enough time to even do the work. We know they planned a release. We have heard from inside sources the issue was with the approval for the first proto and it is being redone. So let's give them the time to do the work.

Everyone that is "give us any drax" knows full well if it sucked they would pass and hammer it and hot toys. And if all you want is any old figure...there's a bunch of cheap plastic ones. There's your any drax. I would rather they take the time to do it well then rush it and i gotta read the inevitable "we waited for this" and "I knew" it would suck and the nit picking.

If people nit picking dollies bothers you than you're just a glutton for punishment reading this forum b/c there's no amount of telling people 'how this works' you can post that will ever change that. Save yourself the headache in advance.

If people nit picking dollies bothers you than you're just a glutton for punishment reading this forum b/c there's no amount of telling people 'how this works' you can post that will ever change that. Save yourself the headache in advance.

No it won't. Doesn't mean I can't express my opinions as well. There's always gonna be some mother &(&:$: ice skating up hill, as the saying goes, but not everyone wants to be uninformed and there are those that actually take the info and appreciate it. As I said I know it's a small group. If you want to whine about something and be completely wrong about it over and over feel free. If you don't care to understand that's fine. But it doesn't mean I gotta sit back and say nothing. If it's ok to complain about things, if it's okay to spread rumor based on opinion then I don't get why people give me grief for trying to put another perspective out there. Even if you don't believe I know what I say or I'm making it all up and I don't or have not worked where I claimed...even if it's just my opinion why is it not ok for me to support the company and the artists and the industry? Why is it not ok to think the slamming my hands on the table screaming now now now is an idiotic approach and does nothing. What's the problem with explaining my point of view...other then it often not conforming with what Joe collector thinks?

Sit back and look at it from my point of view for a second. Let's just pretend, for arguments sake, I am who/what I've said. And the majority of the people I get into discussions with claim they know(I mean KNOW) why this is that way, or how this happened or what's coming or why they did this..becuase they have collected for years. To me that's like saying I rode on an airplane a lot so I can fly them, and know how to build them, and know the faa rules and protocols. Or I eat food so I can cook everything. Or I watch movies so I know how to make them. Just becuase you read online forums and sites and have spent years collecting does not mean you know more then someone who does the same thing, but also works in the industry for the company's making these products and knowing the licensing deals and al that. Sure, you can learn a lot from the Internet. And most experienced collectors know tons more then your newbies and average joes. But very few know the full ins and outs of how these company's actually work. How insanely complicated these deals and contracts are. And how upsetting it can be for an artist to put all that work into something and have zero control over how it gets to, or if it gets to, market...5then when it doesn't you get the blame becuase you can't legally discuss it.

So even if no one believes a word I say, as far as collectors, at least those that do the work know that one person here understands. Even if that's all I accomplish, I'm cool with it. But I think there are some people who actually like to learn those little things. Maybe I'm crazy. But I know if it where me, I'd want to hear it. In other areas I collect I know that's the stuff I'm always looking for. No offense to anyone, but I don't go online to see how someone feels about a figure or print or movie. Or what they think is coming next. Those are nice things to talk about and fun interactions but secondary. For me. I suppose I'm weird.

Okay then haha...

👍👍👍👍👍

Just got my groot and rocket....only thanos and Drax to go........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back