Hot Toys – MMS255 – Guardians of the Galaxy: 1/6th scale Star-Lord Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it will be bought by me. But I have a big concern about the costume. Not the tailor but the material. Hot Toys leather costumes has issues. They start peeling after some time of display. Hellboy figure is a good example of this issue.

It's practically a given, to any figure of any brand using synthetic leather. Happens to 1:1 pleather bags, shoes, and jackets as well. Even with the right care, it will deteriorate in time.

Not sure of the synthetic leather they use, but I have a few pleather jackets and one only gave out on me after 6 year of almost everyday wear

The only complaint I have about the figure is I think the neck is too wide. Its using a muscle neck attached to the body and it just doesn't fit. I think it would look better if you switch the body and use a separate neck joint to look more natural.

Not sure of the synthetic leather they use, but I have a few pleather jackets and one only gave out on me after 6 year of almost everyday wear

Well, if HT can't give us a more reliable glue for their figures while now charging $200+ a pop, chances are they're giving us the cheapest pleathers they could get :lol

The resemblance to Chris Pratt isn't there. If you took that sculpt away from that figure and stuck it on another body I don't think it would be recognizable as being Chris Pratt. Hot Toys came up short on this one.

The resemblance to Chris Pratt isn't there. If you took that sculpt away from that figure and stuck it on another body I don't think it would be recognizable as being Chris Pratt. Hot Toys came up short on this one.

I'm not convinced the final product is spot on but heres two pics for comparison, it looks ok to me, and in some other photos the hair looks darker like 1-2 pages back

1661031_10152327093287344_3938901866365475534_n.jpg

1505238_606469249478773_1752120321812561913_n.jpg

This turned out great can't wait to get this guy and snap some pics :blissy. Wonder what the deal with the headphones/walkman was guessing sony? just like the nikes with mccfly

Back