Hot Toys – MMS255 – Guardians of the Galaxy: 1/6th scale Star-Lord Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you very much for welcoming me DarkAngel !
I am a huge Disney Collector, so of course, I am interested since a few years by Marvel items !
But this time, discovering the Guardians of the Galaxy universe was a real shock ! It's simple, I am in love !
So they will be my first Hot Toys figures, and I am convinced that I will purchase more soon !
From the recent releases, I would like some Metal Gear Solid ones (Raiden is awesome), Marty Mac Fly and the Delorean car, but I am sure that the wishlist will be very long ^^
But my priorities are Gamora and Drax in EX editions (if they would exist). And I cross my fingers for the Star Lord EX figure !

Awesome line to start collecting with. Believe me you never forget the first one you open!!! And no worries with the Star Lord Ex, you are all but guaranteed to get one especially this early in the process. Not sure when it will convert but I am confident it will :)

Awesome line to start collecting with. Believe me you never forget the first one you open!!! And no worries with the Star Lord Ex, you are all but guaranteed to get one especially this early in the process. Not sure when it will convert but I am confident it will :)

How are you guaranteeing this? Most WL converts only if a lot of people cancel there orders, true a few always do but its been on WL for a few weeks now, I would say the ones guaranteed to get get a WL conversion are the ones who did it a day or two after, and even for them its not guaranteed. For ex. I put a WL on cap America golden age the day after it went to WL, never got a WL conversion, yea it still could but doubtful. Sorry not trying to be a downer but saying its nearly a guarantee is bit much, at least IMO. I honestly don't see starlord have a ton of WL conv., but again thats just my .02

Thanks everyone for your messages, I really appreciated them, they were very nice or funny !
Even if I am not very confident about a conversion, at least I tried thanks to you fellow members !
Anyway, I will have for sure Groot and Rocket. Of course, it would be awesome to have also Star-Lord but I am already very satisfied and excited !
I am used to collect the rarest items, so this Star-Lord is really attractive for me for many reasons.

But if it's not working this time, I will wait for a next release of Star-Lord as a Sideshow exclusive and maybe go for the regular one this time !
Unfortunately the movie wasn't released in France when the pre-order was available and comics are not very well-known in France... I watched the movie two times last week and immediately bought Rocket and Groot ! Just knew two days ago that a Star-Lord EX was already released...

But now, I know where to find some precious advices and news, I signed up to the Sideshow newsletter also so I am ready if other "Guardians of galaxy" exclusive figures would be available !

I will hope that everybody is going to purchase the very expensive Delorean...
And make a choice between these two collectibles because of financial issues ^^
Or if Hot Toys finally decide to release a very limited set with the five Guardians of the galaxy included !

How are you guaranteeing this? WL converts only if a lot of people cancel there orders, true a few always do but its been on WL for a few weeks now, I would say the ones guaranteed to get get a WL conversion are the ones who did it a day or two after, and even for them its not guaranteed. For ex. I put a WL on cap America golden age the day after it went to WL, never got a WL conversion, yea it still could but doubtful. Sorry not trying to be a downer but saying its nearly a guarantee is bit much, at least IMO. I honestly don't see starlord have a ton of WL conv., but again thats just my .02

First: Golden Age Cap was an extremely limited movie promo so that's a completely different story.
Second: This early in the ordering process with AoU being released around the same time = plenty of cancelations.
Third: I'll correct myself. You have a very high chance of a conversion.

First: Golden Age Cap was an extremely limited movie promo so that's a completely different story.
Second: This early in the ordering process with AoU being released around the same time = plenty of cancelations.
Third: I'll correct myself. You have a very high chance of a conversion.

Yes Ga cap was a limited release to certain markets but isn't the EX. starlord a limited release to certain markets too??? So unless you know exactly how many GA caps they released I don't see how its a "completely different story". True there will probably be more starlord figures as a whole but how many EX there will be no one actually knows, except HT. EVERY Hot toys exclusive or limited release now a days is "Extremely limited" or so they say. And since you cant know how many will actually cancel its just speculating that there will be a lot of conversions. But we do know that GOTG was amazing movie to most and the fact that a good amont of people got on the EX waitlist. Maromi I do hope you get a WL conv. but I wouldn't bet the farm on it. Just be sure to check SS more often and sign up for the email alerts.

Yes Ga cap was a limited release to certain markets but isn't the EX. starlord a limited release to certain markets too??? So unless you know exactly how many GA caps they released I don't see how its a "completely different story". True there will probably be more starlord figures as a whole but how many EX there will be no one actually knows, except HT. EVERY Hot toys exclusive or limited release now a days is "Extremely limited" or so they say. And since you cant know how many will actually cancel its just speculating that there will be a lot of conversions. But we do know that GOTG was amazing movie to most and the fact that a good amont of people got on the EX waitlist. Maromi I do hope you get a WL conv. but I wouldn't bet the farm on it. Just be sure to check SS more often and sign up for the email alerts.

Yes but it is not as limited, still a completely different scenario. And almost everything that gets posted on this forum is speculation so not sure why that matters....

You do have a point that me stating that it is almost guaranteed was an overstatement so I'll re-phrase it...again: Based on my experience and what I have read on these forums I believe anyone that hops on the wait list this early has a very good chance of a conversion.

Is that a better way to put it VegasBoy? (And I mean that honestly, not trying to be a smart arse)

Yes but it is not as limited, still a completely different scenario. And almost everything that gets posted on this forum is speculation so not sure why that matters....

You do have a point that me stating that it is almost guaranteed was an overstatement so I'll re-phrase it...again: Based on my experience and what I have read on these forums I believe anyone that hops on the wait list this early has a very good chance of a conversion.

Is that a better way to put it VegasBoy? (And I mean that honestly, not trying to be a smart arse)

Lol yeah I guess that would be more accurate, really not trying to target/flame you just didn't want you to give the new girl too much hope only to get let down. And not to be a smart ass myself why is the GA cap completely different and/or more limited? Im really curious as to the reason.

Lol yeah I guess that would be more accurate, really not trying to target/flame you just didn't want you to give the new girl too much hope only to get let down. And not to be a smart ass myself why is the GA cap completely different and/or more limited? Im really curious as to the reason.

So an exclusive item does not mean it has less quantity it just means it you can only get it on SS where as the GA Cap was a movie promo which makes it very limited. Now I understand very figure is considered limited but this one is supposed to very a very small quantity. You were right again in saying no one knows the actual number so we are all speculating but it is commonly believed and said that it is a very low amount. Much more so than normal

As stated before, I am really happy to try having this figure, I know that my chances are very slim but at least I did all I can, so no regrets.
I am used to collect very limited items, and it's a part of the game to miss sometimes a popular item.
Was unable to imagine that I will love this movie, already watched it 3 times in less than 1 week.
The movie has only been released in France ten days ago and the comic wasn't available in our country before this month.
I always have to think to everything before ordering from a website I didn't use previously on the US market as I am using a forwarding service (Shipito)
Really, I will wait without hope and if a miracle would happen, it will be an amazing surprise.
And I only subcribed to the waitlist thanks to all the advices given extremely quickly by all the kind members here !
Thanks for your positive vibes, hope they will bring me good luck !

Anyway guys, the face of this figure will be horrible, seriously you should already cancel your order, don't wait the new pictures (Totally selfless advice ^^)

I don't think your chance is slim at all. Like DarkAngel, I think you have a decent shot at a conversion. I just got on the waitlist a few days ago myself, and I feel pretty confident getting on this early for a figure without a non-refundable deposit. I'm not 100% sure, so I have pre-orderd a regular just in case.

I wait listed the exclusive a couple of weeks after the pre order sold out and it converted the next day.

Congrats Darthconlan ! When did you place an order on the wait list exactly ?

Can't remember exactly, would have been a week or two after the pre order for the exclusive wait listed.

BvyjInSCEAAAcYI.jpg

Back