Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe August. Maybe April. Maybe somewhere in between. The August date comes from the schedule at One Sixth Republic. It is not official, and not always right. They had (still have, I believe) the Adam West Batman scheduled for July "according to Hot Toys Japan," and that figure has just been released in Hong Kong, putting it on track for April as listed on Sideshow.com. That's not to say that ED-209 isn't delayed until August, but with April still listed on sideshow.com and March listed on the official Hot Toys Japan website (no release date listed on the original Hong Kong based site) only time can really tell when OMG and Jingobell will post photos of the ED-209 figure and when Sideshow will receive their shipments from Hot Toys and send this bad boy out to those of us who have been waiting and waiting.

My understanding is that Hot Toys lets certain photobloggers buy their products a few days in advance of official HK release in exchange for showing off the product on various social networks.

The patern so far is to push up the release of the less intricate figures as they others seem to be taking more time to produce although I think you can expect to see Iron Patriot before Ed since its are repaint for the most part

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

My understanding is that Hot Toys lets certain photobloggers buy their products a few days in advance of official HK release in exchange for showing off the product on various social networks.

Buy? I always thought they just give them to them for free since they are taking pictures of them and help with promoting/sales?

There's about ten or eleven of those guys (it's not just OMG). I really doubt Hot Toys would give away pretty much every product to that many people...hell, I doubt they'd do that with even one person. Review samples are one thing, but what's given to places like the Fwoosh for review are usually 6" or 7" figures and rarely cost more than $25.
Here's an idea: if it's really that big a question, one could always ask OMG (since I believe he's the only Hong Kong based Hot Toys photoblogger on this board) if he buys the Hot Toys figures he gets early or if they're given to him.

I didn't know there were so many. I always thought it was just 4 or 5 guys. I know some people (US based) get free figures from SSC to review. Not too sure about the photo review people though. I just know HT posts their photos on their facepage, and I doubt they buy every single figure to photograph (their collections must be HUGE if that's the case, lol) but who knows. I guess the best bet is to ask him. :wink1:

I guess I'll be keeping my old one. Might invest in a replacement dome if any are still made.

I could display the old one as a clean 'at rest' version and alternate the new one between 'Intimidation mode' (what I'll call the leg extension) and Arm Battle Damage.

Back