Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i saw lots of screws on its down part, do you think they won't work? that what i'll try one day. either to replace or to put that silicone gel there.

Hex screwdrivers are cheap as chips. I reckon they're molded in. Feel free to give it a go though.

Well, Hot Toys is predictably re-issuing the Power Loader, also. Guess a whole new crop of collectors can enjoy the broken hoses!

Its gonna be funny... Or not...

Would be helpful if the grease brand is posted on the first paost of the dedicated thread :)

Also please does anyone who has both Eds can tell me if the dome has the same dimensions thanks :)

Well SSC is ripping me off! They're refunding me for ED, but are marking it down on my account as canceled
and taking the earned rewards pts back. What cheapskates!

I've just been checking my original ED-209 after reading this thread whilst removing batteries from bat/ironman figures and his dome is still looking OK but it's starting to come away from the back edge, the other rubber figures seem to be holding up fine, no rot on Hellboy or Batman's suits (and oil free) I'm still going to get some replacement domes when available though.

Well SSC is ripping me off! They're refunding me for ED, but are marking it down on my account as canceled
and taking the earned rewards pts back. What cheapskates!
Wait, what? You're expecting SSC to take the return and give you the reward points you would've earned had you kept it? What are you thinking?
_________

Anyway, after much deliberation, I have decided to go with 303 Aerospace Protectant since Shin-etsu is unavailable from amazon.ca (and won't ship to Canada from amazon.com) and can be used on a number of things around our house and car. Will report back how it works over time. :)

My Kenner ED came today. So cool ^.^

image.jpg

image.jpg

Just got an email from Endos and my retailer with an official reply to retailers from HTs.

Guys, I am REALLY (!!!!!!!!!!) pissed by HTs policy in this matter ****ING BIG TIME!!!!
They're just pulling defective EDs out of the market and that's it.
No new batch, only refunds.

Can't write more, I am too angry right now...

Will let you know more soon. Aaaargh.

Received my silicone grease, rubbed a good amount into the dome, it's very slick now, hope it preserves the rubber
I'm taking q-tips to rub the grease into the rubber joints
Edit: screw the qtips, I just took some grease between my finger and thumb and folded the rubber joint covers to expose the deep crevasses, works a lot better than the qtips
d316f2dc2fbed06a937295c110cbe0b6.jpg

Last edited:
I used a q-tips but in retrospect, using my fingers and then cleaning up the excess with kleenex later would have been faster.

Did you notice that the grease needed to be reapplied or are you doing it in caution?

Back