Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That bothers me the most, why does he have a dark face? WTF, really? It is a white person with dead skin for ***** sake, how can this be dark? When I opened the box I thought it was Nick Fury under the helmet instead of Peter Weller.

He actually has the same skin tone as Joe Colton I stood them side by side, same tone. Maybe brown is the new white, also Weller is always tanned, but he's more of a orange then brown:
DHS-_Peter_Weller.jpg
64a60eaec720738af2532aed22627dee.jpg
I guess people are going to see what ever they want. Same goes for Robocop's paint job, even if it was perfect those same 4 people would find something wrong with it. While everyone else is voting on it being FOTY.

(Face twitches) I'll ignore that, PC. :lol

It could be a little lighter. Remember, it's not really "skin" anymore.

View attachment 149122

View attachment 149123

Cause I'm right I get it, you just don't want to admit it. :thwak hey in those pics I see pink and purple in his bicep I guess the toy is accurate :lol What does a dead tanned person look like anyways?, do they loose their tan?
Also why do you always choose the worst photos when the suit looks most rubbery and less metal I guess this is what people are basing the gun metal look on?

Cause I'm right I get it, you just don't want to admit it. :thwak hey in those pics I see pink and purple in his bicep I guess the toy is accurate :lol What does a dead tanned person look like anyways?, do they loose their tan?
Also why do you always choose the worst photos when the suit looks most rubbery and less metal I guess this is what people are basing the gun metal look on?

YSkNTAx.gif

Well, considering it's supposed to be "dead" skin, I'd imagine it to be very pale...like in the pics. ;)

Because the gunmetal look kicks ass, whether it's in the movie or in the con pics. :lecture

He actually has the same skin tone as Joe Colton I stood them side by side, same tone. Maybe brown is the new white, also Weller is always tanned, but he's more of a orange then brown:
I guess people are going to see what ever they want. Same goes for Robocop's paint job, even if it was perfect those same 4 people would find something wrong with it. While everyone else is voting on it being FOTY.
I also have them both and Joe Colton has a slighty lighter skin tone or it looks more natural, maybe that is the right term. I have put Robocop under different lights and under the right light the skin tone is less dark but most of the time it is a bit too dark, it should have been a little lighter.

YSkNTAx.gif

Well, considering it's supposed to be "dead" skin, I'd imagine it to be very pale...like the pics. ;)
True,True about me being wrong. No wait what!?, so a mexican looks white when they die eh? :lol Then again the MMS238 got the battle damage skin wrong too, I guess HT doesn't know how to do a white guy right, oh well.

I also have them both and Joe Colton has a slighty lighter skin tone or it looks more natural, maybe that is the right term. I have put Robocop under different lights and under the right light the skin tone is less dark but most of the time it is a bit too dark, it should have been a little lighter.

A little lighter? And the Armor a little darker right? Maybe HT is dyslexic and got it wrong or they are minor nit picks I for one don't care for since the figure is great, and the best we are going to get unless the Pop Collection statue comes out better.

True,True about me being wrong. No wait what!?, so a mexican looks white when they die eh? :lol Then again the MMS238 got the battle damage skin wrong too, I guess HT doesn't know how to do a white guy right, oh well.

It's come up before in other threads regarding other figures, that HT takes liberties and darkens the skintone. Whether it does it accidentally or intentionally... :dunno

And Weller's skintone as Cop Murphy and Robo aren't the same. They must've powdered his face worse than a donette while he was Robo. :lol

donettes_2.jpg

A little lighter? And the Armor a little darker right? Maybe HT is dyslexic and got it wrong or they are minor nit picks I for one don't care for since the figure is great, and the best we are going to get unless the Pop Collection statue comes out better.

Unless that PCS statue has the Weller likeness, then no. And I hate PFs and statues anyway! ;)

It's come up before in other threads regarding other figures, that HT takes liberties and darkens the skintone. Whether it does it accidentally or intentionally... :dunno

And Weller's skintone as Cop Murphy and Robo aren't the same. They must've powdered his face worse than a Donette while he was Robo. :lol

They have also taken liberties on eyes making them more Asian maybe they are basing skin tone on Asians too giving them tans :lol its like the creator making a creation based on their own image. Could be worse we could of gotten this if SS had done Robocop:
PC170143.jpg

Hot Toys got it right I guess the first time but that figure looks horrible :monkey4
RoboDraw2.jpg

This is what I mean with the dark skin tone that also goes for Robocop:

I don't have to new Wayne sculpt to compare but I will say I am really getting tired of the darker skin tone on everything. It's starting to seem HT hates pale people. They do fantastic paint jobs...

I'm not sure the sculpt is the problem. Alfred's a very frustrating figure - superb eye work, great painting on all the little details like the spots and blemishes on his face. However, the skin tone is just too dark and makes the figure look odd.

This is what I mean with the dark skin tone that also goes for Robocop:

Whoa and I thought Alfred was pale, even he's tanned too? Damn....... doesn't bother me for Robocop but Alfred? That guy is old and very pale wow, I might have to go back and see some of the armory pics now. Yeah Yankees was saying that about Hot Toys earlier that they are taking huge liberties, if they are going to do that then they should stay away from pale figures or change the way they produce skin tones. How come Sweeny Todd came out ok, and from the looks of it Ica Bob Crane too, Howard only does pale for Johnny Depp that's what it is :wink1:

EDIT: The Old man is TANNED!!!
4.jpg

Hey guys! What type of batteries does he use again? Don't feel like searching through all the pages. Thanks!

Well I get mine today so we shall see, I just hope its good one with no defects or paint issues/scratches.

Mine has scratches and little scuff marks, I think it will depend on how **** you are about those kind of things, the Marlone Brando Superman figure was notorious for having paint scuffs on his nose that kinda thing would bother me but in my old age it doesn't any more. Or else I will never enjoy the figure. Also he is to shinny to even see scuffs.

Back