Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I totally agree. But I've written dozens of posts in this very thread bemoaning the paint inaccuracies and it hasn't gotten me anywhere. Nor has it magically changed the color of my figure.

Maybe third time's a charm (not counting the HT RoboCop 3 figure) in 2022? :lol

Beautiful! :clap
Oh, I know. The haters are gonna hate and the fanboys will continue to ignore any faults no matter what. That's what they do. I'm not trying to change anybody's mind. Just giving my opinion.

To be honest, and I may be in the minority on this one, I hope HT makes the most of the Weller likeness and give us a RoboCop 2 figure after the BD version. I actually prefer the color of the suit in the second film.

Oh, I know. The haters are gonna hate and the fanboys will continue to ignore any faults no matter what. That's what they do. I'm not trying to change anybody's mind. Just giving my opinion.

To be honest, and I may be in the minority on this one, I hope HT makes the most of the Weller likeness and give us a RoboCop 2 figure after the BD version. I actually prefer the color of the suit in the second film.

I too would love a RC2 RoboCop and, of course, RoboCain, who I prefer over ED.

From what I understand, the blue effect on the RoboCop 2 suit costed like $40K to produce. Granted that was some time ago, but still I have a hard time believing it will be attainable for $300.

From what I understand, the blue effect on the RoboCop 2 suit costed like $40K to produce. Granted that was some time ago, but still I have a hard time believing it will be attainable for $300.

You sure thats not for the suit in total? I dont even think the paint job on the statue of liberty cost 40k lol

Since the Statue of Liberty is unpainted you are correct :)

Although originally copper and the green is from oxidization. They still paint the rivets and joints to prevent further corrosion. But your right the wide belief is its totally unpainted.

It doesn't matter what the proto looks like or how much the process costs, it'll still be the wrong color. :lol

The prototype had lighting help even in cons, someone I think in the EB thread said you could see it on the Batman returns figure or something but that there were some special lighting used. And the figure never ever looks like the prototype never did in the kenner days and they don't now. That's why they have a little warning saying that the final figure may differ from the actual products but enough cause its like this all over again:

:horse:horse:horse:horse

And I'm sorry but none of the photos are capturing the purple right at all, its throughout the whole body even in HD pics i can barely pick up on any of the purple or blue hues at all. Death Asylum comes close but its still hard to pick up on the purple.

The prototype had lighting help even in cons, someone I think in the EB thread said you could see it on the Batman returns figure or something but that there were some special lighting used. And the figure never ever looks like the prototype never did in the kenner days and they don't now. That's why they have a little warning saying that the final figure may differ from the actual products but enough cause its like this all over again:

And I'm sorry but none of the photos are capturing the purple right at all, its throughout the whole body even in HD pics i can barely pick up on any of the purple or blue hues at all. Death Asylum comes close but its still hard to pick up on the purple.

But the proto was shown at so many different events, each with different lighting, and it had a similar gunmetal gray appearance. I like the production piece very much, but it doesn't look as nice, at least to me.

I'd say DA's pics are the most accurate to the actual thing in hand, though this thing takes on a different look depending on lighting, but in his pics you can see the purple on the shoulder and across the top the chest just like it is on my figure in hand.

15281387484_722f5b1414_h.jpg

Honestly getting bored of the paint debate, maybe its not perfect but its good enough for me and most folks its seems, the figure is a success from what I can tell, those not happy with it can pass or kick rocks, don't matter to me cause the perfect figure and paint job don't exist, but this is close enough for me. Honestly the real suit looks different though-out the film sometimes silver, sometimes more blue or green, like the figure it depends on the lighting:lecture

robocop.jpg

Robocop-robocop-31038781-1200-804.jpg

robocop-feat.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

robocop01.jpg

I'd say DA's pics are the most accurate to the actual thing in hand, though this thing takes on a different look depending on lighting, but in his pics you can see the purple on the shoulder and across the top the chest just like it is on my figure in hand.

15281387484_722f5b1414_h.jpg

Honestly getting bored of the paint debate, maybe its not perfect but its good enough for me and most folks its seems, the figure is a success from what I can tell, those not happy with it can pass or kick rocks, don't matter to me cause the perfect figure and paint job don't exist, but this is close enough for me. Honestly the real suit looks different though-out the film sometimes silver, sometimes more blue or green, like the figure it depends on the lighting:lecture

robocop.jpg

Robocop-robocop-31038781-1200-804.jpg

robocop-feat.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

robocop01.jpg

I too am tired of talking about the paint. Just one page prior, I said as much. No amount of whining or complaining will change that. But I will not say it's perfect or HT nailed it when it clearly did not.

It really irks me when people in general imply or flat-out say that we have no idea what we're talking about. I think HT got off rather lightly - there were very few outright cancellations and cries of "Will Not Buy!," probably because we get so few RoboCops in the first place.

Back at it are we? lol Like my grand pappy use to say . . . Opinions are like a$$holes, everyone's got one and most times they stink.

Oh man, I was talking about the RoboCop2 paint. Wjy did the RoboCop1 paint get brought up again.:gah::lol

I was just trying to point that out to those passing on this in hope they will get RoboCop2 paint 100%.

I...I was just predicting a "I seriously doubt they will".:monkey3

Also, I cannot find where I read that, it was on some old Robo forum stated as fact. It was kinda a big deal at the time. (the blue color)

I'd buy a robocop 2 figure, even if its just a re-paint of this. I think it would be easier to hit an unquestionable color of blue rather than one that takes on different colors under the camera

I too am tired of talking about the paint. Just one page prior, I said as much. No amount of whining or complaining will change that. But I will not say it's perfect or HT nailed it when it clearly did not.

It really irks me when people in general imply or flat-out say that we have no idea what we're talking about. I think HT got off rather lightly - there were very few outright cancellations and cries of "Will Not Buy!," probably because we get so few RoboCops in the first place.

Yeah man, its cool, I'm not the thread police, people can talk about whatever they want, but this debate is getting tiresome, you got it, your happy right, same for me as most people it seems. Yeah its not perfect, but with a character that takes on so many different looks depending on the environment his in, its hard to say if they could or did get it perfect, but does it look like him, hell yeah, is it awesome to behold, hell yeah, is it a heavy badass 1/6 diecast Robocop that says what he did in the movie HELL YEAH:lol I for one love it, looking forward to the two-pack, bring it on hot toys, bring it on:clap

Back